Never too old!

Musicus

burm>>Other than feeling washed out, yes I am feeling better. Going to start walking and getting exercise.

lusitano>>Nope. But I sure wish. Babie wanted me to go to London and then on to Barcelona for a 16-day TA back to Galveston. If I would go anywhere, it will probably be by myself, but in the spring sometime.

The 16 day sounds nice.

If someone fails a stress test, it usually means that some medical treatments are necessary. I hope you follow up and be sure to be treated. Most women aren't taken seriously the way men are when they have chest pains. Please be sure to follow up on everything.

If someone fails a stress test, it usually means that some medical treatments are necessary. I hope you follow up and be sure to be treated. Most women aren't taken seriously the way men are when they have chest pains. Please be sure to follow up on everything.

Thank you CAC104...I plan to. Waiting for echo to come back yet.

He has post-cruise plans....read on!

August 28 Copenhagen: I sat for a long time outside the ship in an area of free WiFi, but it was very drafty and cool and I got thoroughly chilled. But I was able to send out the reports # 68. I hope you all appreciate the girations I often have to go through in order to do that! Anyway, when my fingers got numb, I quit and went back into my cabin, but later in the afternoon went out again and dealt with emails.

Next day at sea, I was "Swimming in the rain", the pool warm, the air cold and, having my hair wet with rain water, I got out after 10 laps. After breakfast I had a joyful reunion with Ann, the Cruise Director who has just returned from an extended holiday which included the engagement to her Italian boyfriend in Salerno. She is truly an amazing person with great talents in many fields, not to mention five fluent languages. And I, as well as dozens of other sufferers, am glad to be freed of the daily "Güüüt Morning" by the man who had replaced her. Two Scrabble games in the forenoon with two tablemates were won. Three-Martini Cocktail Party -no hits, no runs, no errors. Back to the cabin after Dinner. Actually quite glad to have peace and to lie down, put the light out going on 10 pm. As I said, nothing exciting, unfortunately.

August 30, Stockholm: 20 laps, breakfast and the long drive (about 1.5KM) to Slussen, where McDonald's is located. There I spent over three hours dealingwith 24 emails, but also plotting some more of the next episode in my life, so it materialises - time will tell.

August 31-September 3: Tallinn, St. Petersburg, a Seaday and back to Kiel: Ho-Hum. But Tallinn is a lovely and friendly city. I of course wound up in the nice Spa-Hotel where I have now been able to complete a tentative travel plan for next year, which will see me again on Poesia in March to the Caribbean and then transatlantic to Genoa from where I will (once again "for the last time) take the train to Bern, from where, after 10 days or so I'll take the train to Venice and board the "Musica" for 6 trips down the coast to Greece. Then, fly from Venice to Istanbul, stay there for a few days and on June 3 take the "River Princess" for a 31 day river cruise which ends in Paris July 4. If all this comes to fruition, it'll be a wonder.

The ship was as abandoned when I went swimming in the morning in St. Petersburg and I had the pool to myself. Most passengers who booked excursions had to be in several lounges already at 7.15am as the excursions took anywhere from 9 to 10 hours (and this is the only port where the ship stayed for 12 hours). But the crowds everywhere must be tremendous, since there are four ships in port, including Celebrity's Constellation and Holland America Line's Rotterdam and I know already from my first excursion a few weeks ago the long lines at places to look at. Not for me anymore, I'm afraid - I do have some limitations. So I had a real day of leisure and thoughts.

September 3, Kiel: since there were nearly 900 Germans on board and practically all of them disembaked here, there was a huge exodus which I again succeeded in escaping by being able, thanks to the staff cooperation to leave the ship ahead of the throng of people with their luggage. So I actually was at "my cafe" before 10.30 am and stayed until after 3pm; Jerry joined me for some time. I did more research and planning for next year - it's quite complicated to get connections in different ports with other ships on the same day so that the itinerary can be varied. I now have a rough outline but hesitate to make any bookings, partially because of the possibility, how ever remote, that I do find a travelmate. No bites as yet, not even a nibble. I'll wait until mid October.

Can't believe his year is almost over.

Can tell he's enjoyed himself even with

the "bumps" along the way.

Good for him planning a land and sea trip,

in 2012, this time only 4 months.

Better for his health and wallet!!!

I'm happy for him, now he has something to

look foward to.

He has post-cruise plans....read on!

tell.

August 31-September 3: Tallinn, St. Petersburg, a Seaday and back to Kiel: Ho-Hum. But Tallinn is a lovely and friendly city. I of course wound up in the nice Spa-Hotel where I have now been able to complete a tentative travel plan for next year, which will see me again on Poesia in March to the Caribbean and then transatlantic to Genoa from where I will (once again "for the last time) take the train to Bern, from where, after 10 days or so I'll take the train to Venice and board the "Musica" for 6 trips down the coast to Greece. Then, fly from Venice to Istanbul, stay there for a few days and on June 3 take the "River Princess" for a 31 day river cruise which ends in Paris July 4. If all this comes to fruition, it'll be a wonder.

"...

So excited that Egon is planning on continuing his adventures. I so envy him the next itinenary. We lived in Turkey - just across from Istanbul on the south shore of the Marmara Sea- for just over two years. It is an exciting country, steeped in history and inhabited by friendly and giving people.

My DH is anticipating retirement within the next two years and we are planning future cruises. We only take one a year, but the next two are going to be doozies.

Linda - got the friend request and have responded. Thank you for the invitation, I am honored.

Barbara

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska- Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

Future Cruises still in process of planning:

2012 - Alaska - 14 day cruise

2013 - Eastern Med - 28 day (includes cruising Black Sea)

Edited by Okie1946

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

- Bernard Meltzer

My friends must be total saints, more than once I have been told that I am totally cracked. But I look at it this way - I am a whole lot more fun that way. :D

Here's to everyone having a wonderful day.

Previous Cruises:

Future Cruises – in planning stage:

2012 - Alaska - September - 14 day cruise - HAL Amsterdam - getting closer to booking :p

Edited by Okie1946

My friends must be total saints, more than once I have been told that I am totally cracked. But I look at it this way - I am a whole lot more fun that way. :D

Here's to everyone having a wonderful day.

Previous Cruises:

Future Cruises – in planning stage:

2012 - Alaska - September - 14 day cruise - HAL Amsterdam - getting closer to booking :p

Thanks Okie! It's raining kadoodles here in PA. Good napping day today.:D

TENTATIVE ITINERARY 2012

5 MONTHS

2-28-12 - 3-3-12 Poesia 4 days from FLL

3/3/12 - 3/17/12 Poesia 14 days from FLL E&W Caribbean

3/17/12 - 4/2/121 Poesia 16 days FLL to Genoa

4/12/12 - 4/15/12 Bern

4/14/12 Train Bern/Venice

4/15/12 - 4/22/12 Musica Venice/Venice 7 days

4/22/12-4/29/12 " "

4/29/12 - 5/6/12 " "

5/6/12 - 5/13/12 " "

5/13/12 - 5/20/12 " "

5/20/12 - 5/27/12 " "

5/27/12 fLIGHT 11:40 a.m. Turkey AL Instanbul

2-1/2 hr flight

5/27/12 - 5/31/12 Costa Favulosa Venice to Istanbul

5/31/12- 6/3/12 Istanbul

6/3/12 - 7/4/12 River Princess 31 days to Paris

7/4/12 - 7/10/12 Train London B&B 6 days

7/12/12 Train or car Southampton

7/12/12 - 7/18/12 Opera British Isles 8 days

7/18/12 - 7/26/12 " "

7/26/12 Overnight 1 night

7/27/12 - 8/2/12 Queen Mary 2 Southampton to New York 6 days

Is anyone cruising this month?

Well, not this month...but next month..from Oct. 7 to Nov. 12, 3 cruises...almost b2b2b...ending in New Orleans....then taking the train to Chicago....then a train to Port Huron...then visiting Sarnia, Ont....where my parents live...then home again.

Pat, hope you're feeling better!!

Joyce

Well, not this month...but next month..from Oct. 7 to Nov. 12, 3 cruises...almost b2b2b...ending in New Orleans....then taking the train to Chicago....then a train to Port Huron...then visiting Sarnia, Ont....where my parents live...then home again.

Joyce

Joyce, I didn't realize you could take the train all the way to Port Huron, I love that town. I used to live in London, Ontario and that is how I would cross to do my grocery shopping to smuggle back into Canada!!

The train sounds like fun. Your fall travels look exciting.

Have fun

K

Joyce

I envy you! Sure sounds like a great trip. A former cruiser friend of mine who died last year always took the train to and from New Orleans and loved it. As for Canada, never been there in my life. Have a great trip my friend!:)