Never too old!

Musicus

I'm so sorry that it was time for Budha to move on to his next great adventure. It's tough to show how much you love them by letting them go. It's never easy. If you ever want to tell us about Budha or just talk to other animal lovers, you should join us on the animal lovers thread... Here.

What a great idea -- although I'm not sure McDonalds would be thrilled to know that he "nurses" a coffee during his hours of time in their restaurants and, from what we've read about his healthy habits (and disdain for overweight people eating too much), cannot picture him eating a Big Mac!:D

Egon needs an agent!

Isn't McDonalds trying to promote a healthier line of food these days? I can see some real possibilites there.

He would be wonderful in a commercial for either McDonald's or the cruiseline.

:(My loving Budha, my almost 15 year old Pomeranian has gone to Rainbow Bridge and crossed over. It was my "gift" to him for being by my side and my best friend all these years. I could no longer watch him suffer from a collapsed trachea. My heart is aching!

Pat so sorry. But just remember he isn't suffering any longer and he will love you always for that. Keep his memories with you always.

:(My loving Budha, my almost 15 year old Pomeranian has gone to Rainbow Bridge and crossed over. It was my "gift" to him for being by my side and my best friend all these years. I could no longer watch him suffer from a collapsed trachea. My heart is aching!

Oh Pat, I'm so so sorry! I know that pain, it's just heart wrenching. I'm so sorry for what you're going through!! But now that Budha is at the bridge, he knows and understands all and will always be grateful for the true selfless love you showed him, and you've got a fuzzy little angel watching out over you.

I'll be thinking of you...

Oh, Pat, I'm so sorry! I understand how you are hurting as we get very attached to the little "rug rats". I will share with you what our vet said to us when we needed to put our papillion down 5 years ago. He said" instead of focusing on the sadness of today, lets focus on the joy this little dog brought us for so many years" It truly helped. We Now have maggie who brings much love to us but we always have a place in our hearts for Sadie.

pat

You have all been so kind and understanding and I feel so lucky in that respect. I thank you all. I guess we've all been there at one time or another. The house is so quiet, which is hard to deal with, as he was the "noisemaker" most of the time and ringleader. The most unfortunate thing about this passing is that my smallest yorkie is in the beginning of the same thing that Budha had. My other dogs are 9 (x2) and the other almost 12. I will not get any other dogs to replace any of them as they pass. It's much too heartbreaking and hopefully they will all go before I do.

Pat you have my sympathy for your loss. It is never easy to see a good friend go.

Partyofone....Thank you so much for posting the photos. It makes it so much better to have the pictures included.

I would never last long at your place since I developed severe cat allergies. And, this happened while I had my own beloved calico. She was 11 when it started and for the next two years I just wheezed around the house because I couldn't stand the thought of giving her up. She developed cancer and I had to let her cross the bridge when she was 13. My dogs never bothered me.

# 7: December 2011-February 13, 2012

There is a big Spa attached to Sabor, where you can have all kind of massages etc. It's also the only place which has jaccuzzis, but everything costs - and I mean COSTS! Since they also have a beautyparlor there, I enquired what the charge is for a man's haircut, but at an obscene US$ 35 I can go into town, pay full price for a taxi, ($ 30 return unless I can share one) and get my hair cut. I guess the Spa operation is a franchise. Without me.

December 7 was a day of happenings and reckonings. Firstly, I was required to move yesterday, much to my chagrin. It seems that the area I was in is slated for maintenance and repairs. However, I wound up at the Regency Club which is where I swam every morning and have a much bigger and nicer room directly at the pool. But it was a pretty exhausting day and you may have noted that I said "swam" instead of "swim". This is because once again (it's Christmas time, no?) I had an accident with the scooter, but entirely because of my own stupidity, going down a ramp too fast to negotiate a sharp left turn at the end of it which caused the scooter to tip, my arm, wrist and knee scraping along a cement wall and my right forehead eventually banging against a cement post. The local paramedic came after others tried to stop the bleed on my elbow, treated the damaged places and checked that I didn't suffer a concussion. I also had the support of Carol and Robert, people from New Jersey I had gotten to know a few days ago and befriended and who just happened to be there at the time, watching a huge iguana. But later in the room I called the parametic again because I tried to fix my elbow wound and couldn't do it because of it's location. This is when he took a closer look and said that it would require several stitches because it had been torn open. So then I agreed for the Doc under contract with Sabor to come and he left after making 4 sutures, leaving antibiotics for 3 days and a bill for $ 200. So that's why I did not say "swim" - it'll be sometime until I can again. Doc returns in 7 days to remove the stitches. He's a good guy, speaks English fairly well, went to med school in Texas. Had a lot of problems later with bleeding, soiled short sleeve of my shirt, shorts and several napkins since the paramedic had already gone for the day, a bad night because of pain in the elbow but I think the bleed has stopped and the paramedic will be back this AM to dress the wound. Sure am kicking myself for this stupidity - I rushed because at 2pm I thought the restaurant was going to close. This is only the second scooter accident in over a year though and I've used it a lot in all kinds of difficult terrain. Live and learn!

My plan to go into town for a haircut and lunch with Tom and Sylvia has been abandoned for today. The paramedic came and (mal-)treated me but did his job well and he'll be back tomorrow. He is employed by Sabor; I don't know whether they'll charge me for his services, but anyway gave him 50 Pesos today which made him happy. Meantime, I am laying low and licking my wounds like the old dog I am at heart

Pat:

Everytime I see a post from you about Egon I hold my breath.....Was so sorry to hear about his most recent mishap. But at least he got it checked out and nothing was broken.

Thanks again for posting the update.

Joyce

Pat:

Everytime I see a post from you about Egon I hold my breath.....Was so sorry to hear about his most recent mishap. But at least he got it checked out and nothing was broken.

Thanks again for posting the update.

Joyce

I sent him an e-mail telling him to get a helmet, knee pads and ankle pads and this was his reply back:

In German: Unkraut vergeht nicht.(Weeds don`t die). Thanks , Patty

Pics to follow.....

Tom and Shirley came down and we went to a very popular watering hole about 1KM South from here called Carlos'n Charlie's, picking up their friend Jaime, the Mexican manager of Residencias Reef which I think are either timeshares or condos. Next day I decided that I had to get this haircut, waited around to try and share a taxi, when my friends Margaret and Carl appeared (I htought that they had already left) and for 100 Pesos to the driver I was able to go with them.

In town, I found the Barbershop closed (11.30 am) and was told that he probably opens only at 2pm. So I went to the Flamingo Hotel where Shirley gave me directions to Katie, the American woman who runs sort of a Spa/BeautySalon in town and does Tom's hair. This was at the South end of town but in the direction I had to go anyway and just behind the big Store where I later got some Ginger Ale (For Poesia) and found that at the Sabor Store I had to pay 50% more for the toothpaste I bought there. That figures. For the taxi trip back I had of course to pay the full price, but did with 150 Pesos, which is less than the US$ 15 they charge in Dollars.

Every day Alfredo, the Paramedic, comes and dresses my elbow wound which is doing well. Still don't know what he'll charge for supplies and his services. I have been taking Cipro 500mg antibiotics twice daily and suffered dry cocktail times, but tonight Iwill eat at the Asian restaurant Mosaic and am looking forward to a whiskey. To compensate for the fact that I cannot now swim, I have been walking quite a bit, which is not so easy any more and often painful. I also have to be extra careful not to trip - especially after the early darkness and on poorly lit walkways.

I went to eat at the Mosaic Restaurant in the "Exclusive" Section of Sabor and was able to savour a Whiskey before going in, sitting in the adjacent Lounge. Walking there in almost complete darkness, I got a lift from the passing company's golfcart, for which I was grateful. It's a very nice restaurant, specializing in different Asian dishes and the food was excellent. But, at 6.30 pm and for the entire time that I was there, there was only one couple besides myself. There were a lot of very bored waiters! The entire Sabor complex, which consists of the Exclusive, Villas and Regency Sections, is not very well occupied, but I am told that before Christmas, and for the ensuing two to three months, it will be full. When I got out of the restaurant it had been raining, the pathways were very wet and in places the overhead canopies of trees drippingon me. I made it back, but was glad to be able to stop halfway in the hotel lobby and rest for a while.

Today the doc came and removed the sutures. It looks pretty good, but because a lot of skin was lost, it will take another 8-10 days until I can swim again.

I wanted to comment about the beautiful park-like surroundings and gardens, the manicured lawns, some fancy low trees shaped into fancy figures and of course the palms and other trees which form canopies on some opf the walkways and adorn the shoreline. They take pride and very good care of the place - there are always people working in maintaining and enhancing the natural beauty. And then there are the flowers, notably bougainvilleas and others, the names of which I don't know.