Bushwacker

cruiseshark5

I believe I read that they are around $10, but you can purchase a tram ticket that includes a drink for around $28 I think. Their website has a price list on it. The cheapest option to me seems to be to buy a tram ticket through the ship for $19 (instead of $21 at the tram) and look for people handing out coupons as you walk to the tram from the port. Supposedly, there are $2 off Bushwacker coupons that they give out.

I've read all this on other CC threads, so I apologize if I've messed up any of the prices.

I have read $8-$10 as well. So somewhere in that area. :D I was also told that they do sell the Bushwacker in other locations on the island as well and not just at the top of the Skytram at Paradise. Just thought you might like to know.

I have a friend I met on here that will be on my cruise in Sept that tried to make these at home and said they are quite tasty. :eek: I can't wait!

Ok guys...if you are going up to Paradise via SkyTram and want a Bushwacker or ANYTHING to eat...go here: http://paradisepointtramway.com/dinin.html and you can click on the PDF paradise menu toward the bottom: http://paradisepointtramway.com/content/menus/pp_menu_2010.pdf

it will give you everything they serve there, including ALL drinks. Bushwacker=$8.50 :D

Ok guys...if you are going up to Paradise via SkyTram and want a Bushwacker or ANYTHING to eat...go here: http://paradisepointtramway.com/dinin.html and you can click on the PDF paradise menu toward the bottom: http://paradisepointtramway.com/content/menus/pp_menu_2010.pdf

it will give you everything they serve there, including ALL drinks. Bushwacker=$8.50 :D

YAY mitsugurly I knew it was somewhere but couldnt find it lol :D

Just about any bar on the island can make a bushwacker. The ship's bartenders will make them also - but some of the bartenders make the drink with pineapple juice which takes away from the chocolaty wonderfulness.

We have bushwacker parties here at home twice a year; everyone is hooked on them.

Here is a coupon you can print out. It was posted on our board for the Dream. ENJOY!!!!

simplealman

attachment.php?attachmentid=161477&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1278499142

Wow thanks a bunch!! It's hard to tell, but it looks like the expiration date is 12/31/10 right?

The best Bushwackers are at a small place called "Coconuts" off the main street in town...I believe this very well known spot is one of the original places for them..Conch fritters too....:p

The best Bushwackers are at a small place called "Coconuts" off the main street in town...I believe this very well known spot is one of the original places for them..Conch fritters too....:p

Conch fritters? Please explain what the heck this would even taste like :eek:

Like hushpuppies only you add conch meat. If cooked right they are great. Try them you will be suprised.

simplealman

I'm always up for something new. I will definitely have to try some. How much are they and how many do you get? (Meaning are they just something to munch on and you will need to buy more of a meal) Can you get them anywhere on the island? Or just at Coconuts?

I'm always up for something new. I will definitely have to try some. How much are they and how many do you get? (Meaning are they just something to munch on and you will need to buy more of a meal) Can you get them anywhere on the island? Or just at Coconuts?

Usually they are served as an appetizer and you get 6 to 10 per order for 6 to 8 dollars. The best ones I have had was in the flordia keys in a dive. You can usually find them in seafood restaurants. I have been told in places like the bahamas you can get a conch sandwich but I have never had one. If I find one though I will try it. If they are over cooked it will be tough and chew like over cooked calamari, but most places get it right.

try and enjoy

simplealman

Conch fritters? Please explain what the heck this would even taste like :eek:

I had heard so much about them..especially the ones at Coconuts..I found them to taste very much like the southern homemade turkey dressing (stuffing) I had as a kid in Kentucky..but made into balls and deep fried (really no fish taste at all).. they serve them with a Dejon mustard dipping sauce...Try them..you won't be sorry !!!!:p:D

Usually they are served as an appetizer and you get 6 to 10 per order for 6 to 8 dollars. The best ones I have had was in the flordia keys in a dive. You can usually find them in seafood restaurants. I have been told in places like the bahamas you can get a conch sandwich but I have never had one. If I find one though I will try it. If they are over cooked it will be tough and chew like over cooked calamari, but most places get it right.

try and enjoy

simplealman

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to try these! :D

Just about any bar on the island can make a bushwacker. The ship's bartenders will make them also - but some of the bartenders make the drink with pineapple juice which takes away from the chocolaty wonderfulness.

We have bushwacker parties here at home twice a year; everyone is hooked on them.

I'm from Pgh and hooked on them too....heading to St Thomas in Sept. yep, Pittsburgers know the best!

Linda

to each their own I guess..on a previous trip to Nassau we kept hearing that we had to try the conch fritters at a certain place

to me it was a flavourless piece of deep fried dough cooked in old oil

There is a bar/restaurant right at the security gate entrance to the cruise docks (and I mean right at it). I believe the name is Mini Mangoes and they also have Bushwhackers there. We stopped after our island tour and stayed until the last minute before we had to board our ship. Probably should have boarded sooner and not had so many Bushwhackers.

There is a bar/restaurant right at the security gate entrance to the cruise docks (and I mean right at it). I believe the name is Mini Mangoes and they also have Bushwhackers there. We stopped after our island tour and stayed until the last minute before we had to board our ship. Probably should have boarded sooner and not had so many Bushwhackers.

I believe I've heard that many of the places around town serve the bushwacker. We should be good to go. :D

Archived