Can I book one person into two cabins?

Peggy, I would like to point out to you, so very gently, that your comment "leave it to these boards" is insanely exaggerated and simply untrue.

ONE person has suggested that it would cause tremendous difficulties; everyone else has been extremely helpful and friendly.

Posters who SAY things like this are worse than some posters who DO jump down other posters' metaphorical throats are.

:rolleyes:

my appologies

Here is a suggestion. You may want to book three in OS and one in inside cabin. You can bring in a guest to the concierge lounge, especially when its your sister.

In the past some concierges have been lenient but lately they have been under increased pressure to limit access to authorized guests. Only suite occupants and D+ members are authorized to be in the lounge. Neither one has any given right to bring a guest into the lounge as implied by this post.

You might consider booking two grand suites in lieu of an OS and inside. The cost should be about the same and everyone would be entitled to the suite perks.

Double booking is not permitted and reports are done to prevent it. If caught, you will have to forfeit one of the staterooms, possibly with penalty.

Think about it this way, you are tying up an interior and taking it away from someone who actually may need it. In addition, you are paying for one person (single supplement) when RCI might be able to put up to four people in it. Loss of revenue. Or what if there is a family in the stateroom next door and they need that one to put their kids in? That is why it is not permitted.

I would definitely not try to hide this, so I guess I wasn't thinking I'd be 'caught' at anything. Obviously the person signed up with that room would need to check in for both rooms. I was wondering if it was 'possible' or 'allowed'. It does sound like you have an employee's knowledge that it is not allowed....and that's fine. That's what I wanted to know. I do agree that there might be some loss of revenue - not from the cabin charge itself - but from liquor and extras on an onboard account. I have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a quad room, and I also think the cabins on either side, and across the hall are already booked...so I don't think anyone needs it for their kids (unless they forgot them when booking before).

But as I stated, if it did look that way I wouldn't do this. It was just a 'wondering' kind of thing....and while there is a single supplement, it's not quite 200%....and the total for the cabin is less than $600 for a 4 night cruise. And I wonder if it might be even less because you wouldn't collect port fees for someone twice.

I know this may sound extravagant to some, when it's kind of a 'once in a lifetime' thing for the 4 of us together (for reasons I won't go into) ...I'll pay $600 gladly.

And again, I wasn't at all trying to suggest I would be trying to 'pull one over' on RC.... Of course they have a passenger list!!!!!

Also - to the person that suggested a Family Suite... I did check on that previously and they are all booked on the cruise we need.

I agree with Dixieva and Don Pedro. Book 2 adjoining cabins, whatever catagory. The OS is large but that means 2 are on the sofa bed. Not so comfy. And, yes, 4 woman with one bathroom, what a nightmare!!!

I agree with Dixieva and Don Pedro. Book 2 adjoining cabins, whatever catagory. The OS is large but that means 2 are on the sofa bed. Not so comfy. And, yes, 4 woman with one bathroom, what a nightmare!!!

Is the sofa bed in the OS that bad?

When I originally booked I did consider two GS...but I didn't care for the location. It's also more expensive than the OS plus inside, plus 3/4th passenger in OS. But it is an option... We just liked the big open room of the OS. The GS is very nice, but the seating area isn't what the OS is. So it's seating/dining area vs bathroom I guess!

I can't waitlist without a 5th person...but I also think that most people who book the RFS are pretty serious and don't cancel.

But thanks everyone for your help and suggestions....and most especially to those who 'defended my honor'!!!

The sofabed is ok for one person. You could also request a rollaway cot so you don't have to share the sofabed, and then everyone can take turns sleeping on the less desireable beds. I would stay in one room and just make a shower schedule.

The sofabed is ok for one person. You could also request a rollaway cot so you don't have to share the sofabed, and then everyone can take turns sleeping on the less desireable beds. I would stay in one room and just make a shower schedule.

Sounds too much like submarine hot bunking to me!:eek:

I didn't realize they had a rollaways, and figured the 'queen sofabed' was big enough for two.....but now I think the rollaway might be a better idea. Does the steward have to roll it in and out every day? Or is there a place to stash it out of the way? I'd feel bad for the steward!

The 'hotbunking' made me laugh....but Marci22's answer is absolutely correct!

I didn't realize they had a rollaways, and figured the 'queen sofabed' was big enough for two.....but now I think the rollaway might be a better idea. Does the steward have to roll it in and out every day? Or is there a place to stash it out of the way? I'd feel bad for the steward!

The 'hotbunking' made me laugh....but Marci22's answer is absolutely correct!

The steward will fold it up and stick it in a corner every morning.

Is the sofa bed in the OS that bad?

I never slept in a sofa bed that was comfortable!! But I never slept in the sofa bed in an OS. But when you sit on the sofa in the OS it is hard as a rock. I can't imagine the bed being comfy.

Last cruise DH and I stayed in a OS. Yes, I loved the space but we were only 2, not 4 of us. But another thing, the shower stall is all glass, so when one person is in the bathroom, well I don't know if you would want your girlfriend in there using the sink. I mean I didn't mind if DH was in the bathroom when I was showering. How close are you??:D

BTW, we were the youngest in the CL. hahaha, we're in our mid-50's!! We had a better time in the bars......

2 adjoining balcony cabins :D

(because I dont see the fascination with the perks of a suite, bt/dt)

No "fascination" there...bt/dt too. My last RC cruise was a couple of years ago in a GS. I think my husband and I had one 'free' drink each. The CL is not where we wanted to hang out (no windows!), and I don't think we used many of the perks at all.

However, it's the OS seating area and dining area...and balcony that we want. The GS living area and balcony are nice....but for 4 hanging out a LOT, it's tight. (I understand we could get two GS, etc or 2 D1's...but the seating area will still be the same size. The walls don't open. It would take about 4 D1 balconies to equal the size of the OS balcony). So if the OS is the size we want, then it would be a slight bummer for the other two (if booked in a separate cabin only) not to have the same benefits. I don't know that we'd be in the CL a lot at the dinner hour (maybe while awaiting our shower turn!), but we are all big coffee drinkers and being able to pop around the corner for that at any time would be nice.

And yes...I think we aren't 'close' enough to have multiple people in the bathroom at the same time... :-) Hmmm, but the threat of that would be a good way to curtail long showers? Oh wait, I'm sure there is a lock on the door! tee hee

I'm fine with what we have now. I may call in and ask about that inside cabin, but am sure the answer will be no... But thanks everyone for the ideas!

No "fascination" there...bt/dt too. My last RC cruise was a couple of years ago in a GS. I think my husband and I had one 'free' drink each. The CL is not where we wanted to hang out (no windows!), and I don't think we used many of the perks at all.

However, it's the OS seating area and dining area...and balcony that we want. The GS living area and balcony are nice....but for 4 hanging out a LOT, it's tight. (I understand we could get two GS, etc or 2 D1's...but the seating area will still be the same size. The walls don't open. It would take about 4 D1 balconies to equal the size of the OS balcony). So if the OS is the size we want, then it would be a slight bummer for the other two (if booked in a separate cabin only) not to have the same benefits. I don't know that we'd be in the CL a lot at the dinner hour (maybe while awaiting our shower turn!), but we are all big coffee drinkers and being able to pop around the corner for that at any time would be nice.

And yes...I think we aren't 'close' enough to have multiple people in the bathroom at the same time... :-) Hmmm, but the threat of that would be a good way to curtail long showers? Oh wait, I'm sure there is a lock on the door! tee hee

I'm fine with what we have now. I may call in and ask about that inside cabin, but am sure the answer will be no... But thanks everyone for the ideas!

Not sure which ship you are sailing on but the OS balconies on the Radiance and Voyager class ships are nothing special. They have been cut in half to make the suite larger. We like the GS balconies better on those ships.

The OS balconies on the Freedom Class ships are great as they span the whole length of the suite. Over 200 square feet.

I went away with 3 friends "way back". we were in one room. Disaster!!! Book 2 connecting rooms and leave the door open. You will enjoy being with each other so much better. 4 women in one room is just looking for trouble:eek:

Ok, as it hasn´t been brought up I just have to mention.:p

How would you handle the tipping situation? Would you tip the stewart for the unvisible guests in the inside? How about the probably double assigned seats in the MDR, are the waiters all getting their tip from invisibles as well;)

:D:D:D

Ok, as it hasn´t been brought up I just have to mention.:p

How would you handle the tipping situation? Would you tip the stewart for the unvisible guests in the inside? How about the probably double assigned seats in the MDR, are the waiters all getting their tip from invisibles as well;)

:D:D:D

I'm assuming I can't do it, but how I 'would have done it' is of course to pre-pay gratuities for both cabins, and select MTD for at least the inside, if not both cabins. Therefore no 'assigned seats' in the dining room for that cabin, but the tips are pre-paid and go into their pool like everyone else's tips..and for the cabin steward. I wouldn't stiff anyone.....

Not sure which ship you are sailing on but the OS balconies on the Radiance and Voyager class ships are nothing special. They have been cut in half to make the suite larger. We like the GS balconies better on those ships.

The OS balconies on the Freedom Class ships are great as they span the whole length of the suite. Over 200 square feet.

It's the Liberty, so it's the large balcony!

It's the Liberty, so it's the large balcony!

Assuming you didn't need/want the suite perks, my suggestion would be to book an adjoining Promenade room. We have done this on Voyager Class ships for myself, DW and DS. Gives us two bathrooms, two TV's, 4 beds (needed in your case), and some privacy (if needed/wanted).

With the adjoining room door open the two rooms feels like a hotel suite. And the Promenade rooms overlook the Promenade Deck so it reduces/eliminates the claustrophbic feeling.

And the cost would be about the same or less as 4 in an OS.

Just a suggestion!

On the deck plan of the Jewel, it shows a small balcony as you state. But when we got our cabin (#1560) the cabin didn't have the bump out so the balcony was the entire width of our cabin. We had the end of the hump with 2 loungers and then a table with 4 chairs and still plenty of room to walk. It was a very good surprise!

Archived