Can I book one person into two cabins?

I know this sounds silly, but am tossing the idea around and am wondering if RC will even allow this...

Trying to plan a long awaited girls trip for 4 (myself, 2 sisters, and a friend of ours). We don't get to see each other often, so after much discussion we decided we would rather all be in the same cabin. (Discussion did include some 'but you might snore' and 'if we're in another cabin, you'll talk about us'...tee hee). It's just a 4 night cruise, so we are looking at one big slumber party. So we have booked an OS for 4.

I noticed an inside across the hall was open, and the price is pretty good - and may be worth it to us to have the extra bathroom, and maybe also be the 'nap room'.

Would RC allow me to book the second cabin - using one of our names again? Or would they say one person is only allowed to occupy one cabin?

Obviously I know I could book two in the OS and 2 in the inside and sleep wherever.....but I am looking at the suite perks too. I don't want only two of us to be able to go into the CL, and two can't, etc. ( and the 3/4th person charge in the OS isn't bad and worth it to me because we may never get a chance to all do this again).

Anyone have experience with this? Also, if it looked remotely like the ship was close to being full I wouldn't do this...

An OS is plenty large...not sure I'd spend the extra! You could call and ask them if you can book a cabin without anyone actually "staying" in it. I would assume whoever's name is on the non-suite room won't get CL benefits.

An OS is plenty large...not sure I'd spend the extra! You could call and ask them if you can book a cabin without anyone actually "staying" in it. I would assume whoever's name is on the non-suite room won't get CL benefits.

That's why I'd want all 4 to be listed in the OS; and then one listed again in the inside. Four women getting ready for something and one bathroom can sometimes be crazy...and what if 'that one person' really does snore! ;-)

And the RFS's are all booked on this one.....

This is probably too unique a request for this board. I'm thinking you'd really need to check with your TA or with RCL. I can't imagine why they would NOT let you do it. You know you'll likely have to pay double occupancy for that single cabin, so one of you would essentially be paying THREE cruise fares. But if you don't mind paying it, I can't see why RCL would mind. They get three cruise fares from one passenger - who will only eat one set of meals! Sounds like a good deal for them.

Here is a suggestion. You may want to book three in OS and one in inside cabin. You can bring in a guest to the concierge lounge, especially when its your sister.

Double booking is not permitted and reports are done to prevent it. If caught, you will have to forfeit one of the staterooms, possibly with penalty.

Think about it this way, you are tying up an interior and taking it away from someone who actually may need it. In addition, you are paying for one person (single supplement) when RCI might be able to put up to four people in it. Loss of revenue. Or what if there is a family in the stateroom next door and they need that one to put their kids in? That is why it is not permitted.

Double booking is not permitted and reports are done to prevent it. If caught, you will have to forfeit one of the staterooms, possibly with penalty.

Think about it this way, you are tying up an interior and taking it away from someone who actually may need it. In addition, you are paying for one person (single supplement) when RCI might be able to put up to four people in it. Loss of revenue. Or what if there is a family in the stateroom next door and they need that one to put their kids in? That is why it is not permitted.

Forfet?

Penalty?

Where are you getting this?

I think your probably way off on most of what you wrote.

Tying up an interior? They would be paying for 2. What do you think a single supplement is? The cruiseline wouldn't be losing on the cost of the cabin in any way.

You make it sound like they are booking a handicapped cabin and taking it away from someone who may need it. RCL wouldn't book a single or double in a quad most of the time anyway.

Maybe I should give up my cabin because some kids may need it?

Forfet?

Penalty?

Where are you getting this?

I think your probably way off on most of what you wrote.

Tying up an interior? They would be paying for 2. What do you think a single supplement is? The cruiseline wouldn't be losing on the cost of the cabin in any way.

You make it sound like they are booking a handicapped cabin and taking it away from someone who may need it. RCL wouldn't book a single or double in a quad most of the time anyway.

Maybe I should give up my cabin because some kids may need it?

Forfeit, yes, as in they will have to give one up.

Penalty, yes, if they are in a penalty period.

RCI policy.

No, I am quite accurate, in fact.

Yes, they would be paying for two(maybe - sometimes the single supplement is as little as 125%). However, depending on how close to sailing they book, that quad may be able to be booked as a double. So, RCI could lose revenue.

You should not give up your stateroom unless you are also booked in another stateroom. Do you see the issue? It isn't that she wants to put one person in the interior. It is that she wants to double book a person so they can have a "nap" room. It is inconsiderate given the number of families that are turned away because there are not two staterooms next door (or one directly across) to accommodate them.

Here is a suggestion. You may want to book three in OS and one in inside cabin. You can bring in a guest to the concierge lounge, especially when its your sister.

Not sure that's allowed, although my parents were able to invite us into the Mariner Suite, on HAL, when it was my Dad's birthday.

Forfeit, yes, as in they will have to give one up.

Penalty, yes, if they are in a penalty period.

RCI policy.

No, I am quite accurate, in fact.

Yes, they would be paying for two(maybe - sometimes the single supplement is as little as 125%).

Lot's of what ifs in you analogy

125% single supplements are quite rare

RCI Policy? Where?

Penalty for a paid in full cabin when the cruiseline cancels it, No way

Yeah, right!:rolleyes:

In addition, one of you will be sent to bed without your supper, and story time will be cancelled for all the other children that day. Now you don't want that on your conscience, do you?

RCI Policy? Where?

Yes way, if it is in violation of policy. Double booking is not allowed. When caught (and it is almost always caught) they notify the appropriate individuals and give them the option to remedy it or cancel it. If it is in penalty, there very well may be penalty. RCI should not foot the bill because people decide to violate policy. As for where the policy is posted, I only know where it is available to me - not the general public. But call and ask, and you'll be given the same information.

RCI Policy? Where?

You'd better watch out, SeaUs, because TheLion worked in the past (or still works for) Royal Caribbean or some other cruise line and I've noticed on other threads at CC s/he has been known to be quite snarky in discussions that challenge insider ship life/policies. Just preparing you for what may come- but I can at least answer your question of where s/he is getting this RCCL Policy info: as an employee s/he would be privy to such detailed, lesser known info, that's all. Well anyway, I hope s/he keeps this discussion benign. :o

I know this sounds silly, but am tossing the idea around and am wondering if RC will even allow this...

Trying to plan a long awaited girls trip for 4 (myself, 2 sisters, and a friend of ours). We don't get to see each other often, so after much discussion we decided we would rather all be in the same cabin. (Discussion did include some 'but you might snore' and 'if we're in another cabin, you'll talk about us'...tee hee). It's just a 4 night cruise, so we are looking at one big slumber party. So we have booked an OS for 4.

I noticed an inside across the hall was open, and the price is pretty good - and may be worth it to us to have the extra bathroom, and maybe also be the 'nap room'.

Would RC allow me to book the second cabin - using one of our names again? Or would they say one person is only allowed to occupy one cabin?

Obviously I know I could book two in the OS and 2 in the inside and sleep wherever.....but I am looking at the suite perks too. I don't want only two of us to be able to go into the CL, and two can't, etc. ( and the 3/4th person charge in the OS isn't bad and worth it to me because we may never get a chance to all do this again).

Anyone have experience with this? Also, if it looked remotely like the ship was close to being full I wouldn't do this...

A couple of questions for you, KeyRes:

Which ship?

Time of year of your cruise?

Have you considered the RFS? (even though they have a minimum of 5 to book, since you are considering a phantom sister anyway, just put five names on it - add ParisHilton, or whatever ;))

Also, if it looked remotely like the ship was close to being full I wouldn't do this...

Never once did the OP say that the inside cabin could hold 4 people so that is an assumption on your part. Along with a few others in your post.

Also, take note that she did say if the ship was anywhere close to being full she wouldn't consider it. I see this as someone asking a reasonable question, having done some research ahead of time. No need to jump down their throat. A simple no, you can't do that would have sufficed.

Being willing to pay for an extra room for a bathroom is far from being inconsiderate. Leave it to these boards to turn a polite poster into somthing bad.

While I couldn't see doing this, it certainly isn't unfair or inconsiderate in my opinion. Would you consider my family inconsiderate when we booked two cabins for the 4 of us? Really................

I would guess you would get caught every time... how else would you check in for both rooms?!?! I would wonder how they would work out the Sea Pass cards... would you get two, one for each room? Or would you be able to get into both rooms with one?? I dont know, sounds like a lot of houpla to me to allow people to do this. But good luck, its worth asking the question at least... the worst they can say is no.

Being willing to pay for an extra room for a bathroom is far from being inconsiderate. Leave it to these boards to turn a polite poster into somthing bad.

While I couldn't see doing this, it certainly isn't unfair or inconsiderate in my opinion. Would you consider my family inconsiderate when we booked two cabins for the 4 of us? Really................

Peggy, I would like to point out to you, so very gently, that your comment "leave it to these boards" is insanely exaggerated and simply untrue.

ONE person has suggested that it would cause tremendous difficulties; everyone else has been extremely helpful and friendly.

Posters who SAY things like this are worse than some posters who DO jump down other posters' metaphorical throats are.

:rolleyes:

4 women and ONE bathroom??? Doesn't sound like a good time to me.

I would book 2 rooms- JS or D1-connecting rooms and enjoy the extra bathroom. The suite perks would not be worth having only one bathroom to me.

JMHO

Archived