Live aboard the Star

coiran

On your documents - which I got mine yesterday!!! - did it say you had to tender in Tortola? Mine do. I have been watching the cruise cam and I know the Star has docked in Tortola every time. There will be three boats in port that day but hope the Star didn't get bumped from the dock. I was hoping the information was wrong. What can you tell me?

We are sailing on the Star March 6th. Getting very excited. I'm sure the sight of maintenance guys repairing is nothing to be alarmed about as these ships as in anything that is out in the elements and being used by thousands of people, have to be maintained, cleaned, repaired on an ongoing basis. Personally I like to see these things being done because then you know that it is not being let go to fall into a state of disrepair.

Last night - another less than gourmet dinner - I had the surf & turf - two lobster tails and a slice of Beef Wellington - I can't understand why they persist in giving me a steak exactly the way I ordered it or firm, non-rubbery lobster tail - must be a new chef on board that has not read cruise critic naysayer posts - I will have to clue him in - but not till our last day - talk about not trusting a skinny chef - wait till you see the size of this guy.

Princess Cay today - they have done a wonderful job restoring the island - moast of the buildings are all new - as well as walkways, docks etc.

We have to move tomorrow - the wife doesn't want to leave our extra large standard inside - but - we meet the kjids tomorrow and have different room arrangements.

Ron

Ron - I didn't realize that you were staying on for 2 weeks. We will be doing the same thing so I have a couple of questions:

1) We were going to stay in the same room (inside) for both weeks but last week decided to upgrade our 2nd week to a balcony. How did the move go?

2) Here's the situation - on turn around day my dh and a friend would like to get off early to go golfing. Friend's DW and myself plan on taking some time - doing what has to be done and maybe do a little shopping around 11:00. Do you have any idea how early they will be able to get off? I can do the move by myself, no problem mon :D but will they need to stick around to do the customs thing? check in? not sure of the process.

Any advice would be great!! and enjoy your second week!! Can hardly wait to hear about all of the details.

Archived