Smuggling Report

gog

On our recent 6/20 Pride sailing I had four bottles of wine in my backpack. Two were for myself and spouse; two for my daughter and son in law who had not arrived to the port as yet. We were politely requested to wait for them to arrive. When they did about fifteen minutes later my backpack quickly passed "inspection." Nothing was said about the travel iron, in clear sight, next to the four bottles of wine.:eek:

read the original post..neither the OP nor I made any mention of booze..im sure if the OP had meant booze they would have mentioned it..

im thinking more likely illegal drugs were found in his luggage or person..

Obviously we know what the OP was talking about....and I'm pretty sure it wasn't about illegal drugs. OP - what EXACTLY do you mean by smuggling - so we can put the 'smart' comments to rest?

.....and disguised my Magnum of Vodka as the baby. The bottle already had a cap, so I just wrapped a blanket around it, carried it on board and no one was the wiser.

;)

wasiii

You need to be aware that the purpose of the cruise line policies against bringing on alcohol is due to their desire to charge high prices for drinks and make lots of profit.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to tell the cruise lines that they must look elsewhere for profits.

It's not just about alcohol... it's about FREEDOM! Do not let a corporation put their profitibility above your freedom to do any legal thing you want to do on vacation.

I have said it before - alcohol revenue should not be a mainstay of cruise revenue... fares should be. But until that happens... save money and smuggle. It's important to protect your freedom and mine!

You need to be aware that the purpose of the cruise line policies against bringing on alcohol is due to their desire to charge high prices for drinks and make lots of profit.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to tell the cruise lines that they must look elsewhere for profits.

It's not just about alcohol... it's about FREEDOM! Do not let a corporation put their profitibility above your freedom to do any legal thing you want to do on vacation.

I have said it before - alcohol revenue should not be a mainstay of cruise revenue... fares should be. But until that happens... save money and smuggle. It's important to protect your freedom and mine!

Amen!!

Cruised Memorial Day weekend out of Miami. 4L box wine, two rum runners and two bottles of BM mix. Was the first suitcase to get to the room.

They didn't check anyone.

My bud had his rum runner in his shorts.

I can't think of anything dumber than not declaring booze.

Most of the time, they will let you slide if you are over, and even if they don't, the duty on it is so small that if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be cruising.

And if it is to bring it on the ship, why bother?

Why the heck would I want to ruin my vacation with the added stress of trying to get away with such a paltry thing?

I can't think of anything dumber than not declaring booze.

Most of the time, they will let you slide if you are over, and even if they don't, the duty on it is so small that if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be cruising.

Ahhh......this is not what we're talking about.

Some of us like to relax on our balconies with a cocktail without having to go to a bar outside our cabin. I'm usually in just a pair of shorts. I don't want to have to put on a shirt and shoes just to get a drink that might not be mixed exactly like I'd like it. Not to mention the mere convenience.

I still had a $350 bar tab for my last cruise. They still made plenty of money off me.

Archived