Dining Reservations

I'm reluctant to ask the question but when I did a search I didn't find the answer. Can one only eat once at the alternative restaurants onboard? We are preparing for our first Regent cruise after many on other lines. On our most recent ones on Princess we had no problem eating any night at the alternative venues. We eat late (8:30 ish) and make our decision based on the menu for the day. Is this not possible on Regent?

The Voyager and Mariner have two dining venues that require a reservation -- the Navigator has one. You can book one night in each alternative restaurant online 75 nights prior to your cruise. It is rather important that you book as soon as the reservations open as they go quickly. Once on board, depending upon the length of your cruise and the number of people on board, you can generally book a second reservation -- especially if you are flexible with the time and the number of people at your table (i.e. it is easier to book a table for four or six than a table for two). As a side note, the menu in Compass Rose is particularly good on the night of the Captain's reception (2nd night) and the Captain's farewell (2nd to the last night). Many of us avoid booking alternative restaurants on those nights in order to dine in Compass Rose.

The menu rarely changes in Prime 7 or Signatures (menus on the Regent website). So, making reservations 75 days in advance won't make a difference.

Enjoy your first Regent cruise:)

I am pretty sure you can make 8:30 reservations at Signatures and Prime 7. We never eat that late, but we often leave that late, and I have seen people being seated as we left.

Fixed it for you, no reservations for La Veranda, think you meant Prime 7!

Archived