Best Pre Zui Hotel

gidgetgoes

Hi again. We're sailing the Zui on August 27, and want to get down to Ft. Lauderdale a day early to avoid any delays and just take it easy. What hotel would you consider the best place to kick off the cruise? I know a lot of people have stayed at the Embassy Suites, but I am not very fond of that chain (some bad experiences). Ideally, I'd love something that allows for a view of the port (I want to watch our ship come in!) and provides transportation from the airport and to the port. The Hyatt Pier 66 looks like a good spot, but I've read some unfavorable reviews. Actually, a lot of the hotels in that area have plenty of bad reviews (on tripadvisor.com and other sites). What do you guys say? And why do you like or dislike a particular hotel? Thanks for your help!

- terri

How about the Marriott Hotel and Marina. This hotel does not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but its close by and shouldn't run you more than $10 per cab. They do, however, have a shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next morning.

I'm staying "pre-Zui" at the Radisson Bahia Mar Beach Resort ($70 Priceline). It also has some bad reviews on Trip Advisor, but I'll be there all of 9 or 10 hours. The location looks great, though. Anybody ever stayed at this property?

Justin

I received the Radisson through priceline for March 11th pre-cruise. I haven't stayed here as of yet, but have heard its a great location and a fine hotel for a pre or post cruise stay. Fine by me for what I paid.

We have stayed at Pier 66 and we liked it. We are trying the Renaissance this March, just to try something new, hopefully it will be as nice as we expect.

The one place I did not care for was the AmeriSuites.

ekerr19, when you stayed at Pier 66, did you have a room where you could see the ships? I'm curious if there's just a good hotel for that. Thanks.

- terri

Terri-

We usually request a lanai room overlooking the pool. We really like the fact that these rooms have balconies with chairs and tables. I've heard the pool area can get a little rowdy at night, but we've never experienced a problem.

Hyatt Pier 66 is a nice property but is across the causeway from Port Everglades so about the only way to see the ships is if you get a room in the main hotel tower and not one of the outside units. It is located on the intercoastal so you can see plenty of private boats

Hi again. We're sailing the Zui on August 27, and want to get down to Ft. Lauderdale a day early to avoid any delays and just take it easy. What hotel would you consider the best place to kick off the cruise? I know a lot of people have stayed at the Embassy Suites, but I am not very fond of that chain (some bad experiences). Ideally, I'd love something that allows for a view of the port (I want to watch our ship come in!) and provides transportation from the airport and to the port. The Hyatt Pier 66 looks like a good spot, but I've read some unfavorable reviews. Actually, a lot of the hotels in that area have plenty of bad reviews (on tripadvisor.com and other sites). What do you guys say? And why do you like or dislike a particular hotel? Thanks for your help!

- terri

Bid 3*, Downtown on Priceline and you will probably get the Marriott Marina. Should be able to bet it for between $60 - $70 in August. Great location just off 17th Street within walking distance of shopping centers and restaurants. Water Taxi stops at Hotel. Beautiful ground and Marina with multi-million dollar yachts. We always stay there precruise.

For years we have stayed at the Embassy Suites - both pre and psot cruises. Have not had a problem.

They have free airport shuttle and free port shuttle.

And they are so close to a lot of nice restaurants.

We have been fortunate to get a room on one of the top floors (98% of the time) overlooking the ocean. Love getting up and watching the cruise ships arrive in the morning.

Archived