HAL, South Queensferry overnight and tendering

Hello all. For previous HAL ships that had an overnight stop in EDI, and were tendering -- damn that Forth rail bridge :-) -- any idea how late tender service ran into the evening?

We're on the Eurodam next month and have independent (non-shorex) second show tickets for the Tattoo (22h30) so I suspect that we won't be getting back to the South Queensferry jetty until closer to 01h00.

Scott.

I suspect you will be some bit later than 0100 getting back....the Tatoo runs 90 minutes, then you will have a mile walk back to transportation and then the train back to Dalmeny and a walk back to the pier...unless you have made other return transportation arrangements....but the tender question is a good one that I don't know the answer to, so at least this will bump your OP back up the board!:confused:

Thanks ... unfortunately I don't think either bus or train transport run past 23h45 or so, so it looks like it will be a cab for us. Of course, in calling HAL, you get a different answer each time (so resultantly I have zero confidence in what the lovely call centre ppl are saying) -- and I'd rather NOT be caught out and forced to purchase an hotel room at 02h00 at a walk-up rate when the city is already chockablock w/ tourists. Scott.

Archived