Secrets of Oasis?

We are sailing Oasis in 2012, I know a while a way but I just had twin girls and by then I'll need a break and the grandparents want time alone with them...they'll be 3 then- after that they'll start going too... anyway...

we're booked on Oasis as a romantic get away for our anniversery... are there any secrets or little things you've figured out by sailing that you might wanna share the wealth of knowledge? It is just such a large ship that I don't wanna figure out the best coffee houses and snack shops, and relaxing places on day 6 and have to leave soon...

OH and what is a must do in St. Thomas, and St. Martaan (I've been to Nassau before and know around it and how to get all the free stuff...:D)

Also has anyone notice on this particular ship, is the Grand Suite worth the extra money up from the Junior Suite?

Thanks for any insight. I know its a while off but we're excited!

We are sailing Oasis in 2012, I know a while a way but I just had twin girls and by then I'll need a break and the grandparents want time alone with them...they'll be 3 then- after that they'll start going too... anyway...

we're booked on Oasis as a romantic get away for our anniversery... are there any secrets or little things you've figured out by sailing that you might wanna share the wealth of knowledge? It is just such a large ship that I don't wanna figure out the best coffee houses and snack shops, and relaxing places on day 6 and have to leave soon...

OH and what is a must do in St. Thomas, and St. Martaan (I've been to Nassau before and know around it and how to get all the free stuff...:D)

Also has anyone notice on this particular ship, is the Grand Suite worth the extra money up from the Junior Suite?

Our two favourite beaches are on St. Maartin ... Orient Beach (on the French Side) and Maho Beach (on the Dutch Side). Orient is gorgeous, wide sandy beaches, warm water, very "European" (if you get my meaning). Maho, on the other hand, is just "plane" fun (if you forgive the pun)...

Michael

I'm one of those weird people who LOVE to shop, and get a bargain. So when my husband and I were on Monarch for a 4 night trip to the Bahamas, we went to one of the shopping seminars on diamonds and things that for parents of multiples can dream about for now... So we went and they gave us this treasure map and all these vouchers for free things in all these stores if you visit. You go in, give the voucher, they stamp the paper... and sometimes get really good deals on things that were more expensive. We ended up getting 8 1 carrat saphire pendants, 2 2 carrat topaz pendants, 1 charm bracelet, 1 midnight topaz, 2 sophi fiori 1 carrat saphire pendants, 2 pairs of earings- 1 of them being tanzanite, and a few other things not worth mentioning but are fun. We went into the seminar on day 1 of the cruise, it lasted for about 30 minutes... there weren't many people but we went they gave us vouchers then when we got to Nassau we just went Jewelry store to jewelry store picking up the items... it was really really cool.. because its not like they came from hole in the wall places but from recommended RCI jewelry stores on Bay Street (I think that's the name of it) and theres a map that leads you to all of them... we did buy a few things, I think we bough a few extra pairs of earings that matched the pendants we got... of course they try to "up-sell" you on things, but we just got the things on our vouchers and left... my husband was skeptical and then at the end of the day... was impressed...it was so neat!

Junk!

It might not have been top of the line, but it was a lot of fun for someone who likes to shop and walk around the city... so for us it was fun and worth it plus made really cute things to give a way when we got home. The coolest part were the un cut stones we received.

I would not call Oasis a "romantic ship", too many people everywhere. To us, our most romantic cruise was on Princess. Oasis is a huge beautiful fun and impressive ship, but romance? We've been to St T and St M four times. The best tour we did in St Thomas was the one that took us to the top where you can see the ships docked, unfortunately Oasis docks in Crown Bay which is not as beautiful as the usual pier that I cant remember the name. That was disappointing but the captain did explain why. St Marteen, well, I hope you like the beach, that's about it. The tour that takes you around the island is not worth it, IMO.

BTW: what did you get free in Nassau? do tell... we never got anything free the two times we've been there.

We were on the Oasis the end of May,2010 and found it wonderful. We heard alot of complaints but I found that if you were prepared and made reservations in advance there weren't any problems. The stage show, Hairspray, was Broadway quality and the Ice and Comedy show not to be missed. We had one of those balcony rooms overlooking the Broadwalk in the back of the ship and were able to watch the Aqua show nightly and not be mixed up with the crowds.

The Cafe in Central Park is wonderful for breakfast and lunch and the atmosphere is incredible. You are actual in the center of the ship but outside!!!!

We had an incident during the cruise, an employee jumped overboard and we were ordered by the Coast Guard to assist in the search. By the time we got released we missed St.Thomas and went directly to our next stop.

RC sent us $200 vouchers for another cruise but they have to be used within 12 months and can only be used for bookings.

All in all we ejoyed the ship, it is certainly a differnt cruise experience than normal.

We were on the Oasis the end of May,2010 and found it wonderful. We heard alot of complaints but I found that if you were prepared and made reservations in advance there weren't any problems. The stage show, Hairspray, was Broadway quality and the Ice and Comedy show not to be missed. We had one of those balcony rooms overlooking the Broadwalk in the back of the ship and were able to watch the Aqua show nightly and not be mixed up with the crowds.

The Cafe in Central Park is wonderful for breakfast and lunch and the atmosphere is incredible. You are actual in the center of the ship but outside!!!!

We had an incident during the cruise, an employee jumped overboard and we were ordered by the Coast Guard to assist in the search. By the time we got released we missed St.Thomas and went directly to our next stop.

RC sent us $200 vouchers for another cruise but they have to be used within 12 months and can only be used for bookings.

All in all we ejoyed the ship, it is certainly a differnt cruise experience than normal.

Thank you so much for your insight! really someone jumped overboard?! WOAH!

If you're looking for romance on Oasis, you can definitely find it. Deserted top decks late at night. Your balcony of your stateroom. The cantilevered hot tubs were almost always empty. Plenty of cozy spots in the Solarium. The secret spots up on Deck 14, and back on Decks 11, 12 and 14. Central Park's benches and loungers.

My husband and I had a very romantic cruise on the oasis. When you want romance it doesn't matter where you are or how many people are around you'll find ways to find romantic moments. We went with the intention of enjoying each others company without interruptions and that's what we did. We had very little connection to the other thousands of passengers on the ship.

My husband and I are leaving this Saturday (7/17) for our "romantic cruise" on the Oasis as Diamond plus members. We have been married 26 years and I am very excited to be cruising alone with him (always took the kids...now 21 and 24). I will be looking for those romantic and hidden places and be reporting LIVE from the ship (my 5th LIVE ship report). I will start the thread on Friday in anticipation of pre-questions etc and can't wait to share with everyone!!!

There are plenty of quiet places on the Oasis. Central Park in the evening is a wonderful place to sit and relax. Very comfortable chairs and very quiet. You can do as much as you want or as little. One thing about this ship, you will never be bored. One has to experience this ship to truly get it. Enjoy your cruise.:)

By the way, this has been posted before but it is funny. How many times does this guy "this boat is huge". Funny.

Another nice video of her shot in St. Maarten. Some really good exterior shots.

http://cruisedocs.com/ Here you will find alot of information about the Oasis. Read the first header, a fellow cruisers notes. Its great. ;)

There are plenty of quiet places on the Oasis. Central Park in the evening is a wonderful place to sit and relax. Very comfortable chairs and very quiet. You can do as much as you want or as little. One thing about this ship, you will never be bored. One has to experience this ship to truly get it. Enjoy your cruise.:)

By the way, this has been posted before but it is funny. How many times does this guy "this boat is huge". Funny.

Another nice video of her shot in St. Maarten. Some really good exterior shots.

Thank you for sharing!!!!!! So funny "that boat is huge" lol

can't wait for the live posting!!!!

I can't wait either..lol. I will probably start the thread tomorrow at the hotel (we are on the train...I don't fly....heading to Ft Lauderdale) because I know people usually have questions that I can collect before we board so I can respond once I go LIVE. I am sooooo excited...can't believe I get to board the Oasis in 2 days!!!

Somewhere on the website (in the sub-forum Oasis) are secret vantage points on Oasis. I took what was written and added my own thoughts. I have not posted my info as it is too lengthy. Email me at: catsrus2432@embarqmail.com and I will send this info to you as an attachment from my word processing program. There are some wonderful vantage points that few people know about on Oasis.

Somewhere on the website (in the sub-forum Oasis) are secret vantage points on Oasis. I took what was written and added my own thoughts. I have not posted my info as it is too lengthy. Email me at: catsrus2432@embarqmail.com and I will send this info to you as an attachment from my word processing program. There are some wonderful vantage points that few people know about on Oasis.

Just sent you an email...you're a sweetie to offer the info...thank you soooo much! I am sooooo excited for Saturday!

Yes, but they smell. Didn`t anyone else notice that? Ewww. :p It was just an oogie feeling, knowing people had been in them all day long with their sunscreen on.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...think we'll pass on this!

Archived