FLL hotel

stx4mee

We are cruising on March 20, 2011 from Ft. Lauderdale and looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise that is close to the port. Looking for something mid to upscale and within walking distance (if possible) of good restaurants etc.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!!

I can't talk about hotels in Fort Lauderdale but I can tell you what I did in Miami in February of this year. I was leaving from the Port of Miami, after having flown in from Montreal which costs quite a lot in wintertime, and wanted to keep costs down. I bid on Priceline and got a room for 85$ at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown. People are apprehensive about bidding on Priceline but if you go on http://www.betterbidding.com, they give the hotels by areas and amenities. You just have to match them up and you get a pretty good idea of what your hotel is going to be. There is also a calendar of wins that tells you for how much the hotels went for.

There is also Hotwire.com if you don't win anything on Priceline. You go on betterbidding also and match the area and the amenities.

There is a port of call thread here on CC and if you go to the Florida departures you can get some great advice on hotels.

We have left out of FLL a couple of times and can recommend Courtyard Marriott on the beach. You are on the trolley line and it is an easy walk to restaurants. I don't know if you are looking for fine dining (we weren't) but the room was nice and they have a pool area that is elevated and overlooks the beach.

We have also stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th. Location is great, and I like the hotel. There is a shopping complex behind it for last minute items and a couple of restaurants to choose from there.

Go to the departure boards and someone will be able to help you out for more specific questions on hotels.

We love Marriott Hollywood beach nice rooms newly renovated great restaurants good food right on the Hollywood broadwalk with in minutes of shops bars restaurants karaoke , just a cool place to be yes it is bit pricy but u are right on the beach :Dsteps from the hotel right on the beach plus their restaurants and bar look over the beech:) nice place to enjoy you breakfast lunch and dinner and a nice heated pool and a hot tub we love it there keep returning year after year!!!

We were told the "Sleep Inn" FLL airport is nice. Check their website.

We will be staying there in November (pre-cruise).

They have free trans from the airport to the hotel and free shuttle to the ship. They are across the street from a shopping center (Publix) and next door to a Walgreens. Many restaurants in walking distance (we were told by the front desk).

We are booked into the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale North. Shuttle to/from airport and cruise terminal. Close to Total Wines, #7 stop on the water taxi and almost walking distance to cruise terminal. Breakie included. The pix of the rooms look like a good value - spacious. $170/night

Will be posting once we return on Jan 16th.

SP

In FLL, for upscale we love The Pillars. It's part of the Small Leading Hotels of the World and located right on the intercoastal. They don't offer any shuttles but you can get a taxi. Their private restaurant is amazing also.

We have stayed many times at the Embassy Suites pre and post cruise. They have their own restaurant - E-Spot -- very good.

There are lots of restaurants in the area.

Also it is within walking distance - a block to the Harbor Shops which has lots of restaurants and shops like Lublix and Total Wine.

We have stayed three times at the Renaissance Marriott Hotel and have not been disappointed. The hotel is very comfortable, and is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and shops. We could walk to the water taxi as well that took us close to beaches, the main shopping mall, and tourist attractions.

I'll second Hyatt Place - or any of the other mentioned 17th St. Causeway area hotels.

The high season March rate of $159 isn't quite as much of a bargain as the off season rates, however -- check this link:

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Have enough people mentioned yet that TOTAL WINE is in the area? :D

OTOH, I have a friend who swears by the Sleep Inn mentioned above, saying the breakfast and accommodations are both wonderful.

Our favorite is the Hyatt Pier 66. It is absolutely wonderful. There are good restaurants on property or a short walk across the bridge. The pool area is beautiful for a very relaxing, enjoyable morning before heading to the port. The staff at this hotel are exceptional. We made arrangements with a driver to pick us up at FLL, take us to the Hyatt, take us to the ship, and then from the ship to FLL. It was wonderful. He stopped at the Walgreens on the way to the port for us to pick up last minute items. Cherie

Archived