Carnival Dream: Cove Balcony Review

Jazzyfilly

Love the review so far, and we have many friends who have traveled in the Cove Balcony and said it was fantastic. They also said to bring a bungie cord to keep the door open at night so you can be lulled to sleep hearing the waves....ahhh fantastic.

Only we are in a Spa Balcony at the Top of the ship this time, on deck 12....yes I know it's open from above to all who see us from the next deck up, but what the heck, if they drip their condensation from their drink on my back, I will just turn around, look up and wave! Heck I don't need the privacy, ain't nothin nasty or dirty going on, on my balcony! Just me drinking a Martini!

We wanted a Cove but they were all sold out. However, my PVP said that after the final payment date (July 26th) they will open up again with all the cancellations, etc. But now, I don't want to move from the spa balcony as the spa is included in our room....what a friggin trade off! View and Water.....Spa......View and Water........Spa....

What are we going to do?

Love the review so far, and we have many friends who have traveled in the Cove Balcony and said it was fantastic. They also said to bring a bungie cord to keep the door open at night so you can be lulled to sleep hearing the waves....ahhh fantastic.

Only we are in a Spa Balcony at the Top of the ship this time, on deck 12....yes I know it's open from above to all who see us from the next deck up, but what the heck, if they drip their condensation from their drink on my back, I will just turn around, look up and wave! Heck I don't need the privacy, ain't nothin nasty or dirty going on, on my balcony! Just me drinking a Martini!

We wanted a Cove but they were all sold out. However, my PVP said that after the final payment date (July 26th) they will open up again with all the cancellations, etc. But now, I don't want to move from the spa balcony as the spa is included in our room....what a friggin trade off! View and Water.....Spa......View and Water........Spa....

What are we going to do?

Ha! I never thought about the bungie cord!

And go with the spa balcony :) I would had loved to use the hot tub...pool thing thing they have down there (It's massive!). I have a photo of it, it looked fantastic to dip into!

38049_1479088216064_1199520486_31343392_4932012_n.jpg

Hey! Us too! Are you leaving out of Port Canaveral?

Yes Tess...I am not aware for another Dream leaving somewhere else! LOL....I am glad our info match.

Anyway, you should go join the roll call - so we don't hijack the thread.

IMO these balconies are better than regular balconies. I had a regular balcony on the dream and it overlooks the the deck, not the ocean. I would much rather look down on my balcony and see water :) Id recommend these to everyone!

We're booked in #2368 for December and I've noticed that it's under the galley. Any one have a review for #2368 in regards to noise from the galley.

Our cabin was under the galley last December. There was no noise the entire week, except for the last night. Maybe they do some extra cleaning or something then. We heard some scraping sounds like things being moved. But it was not enough to bother us, and have rebooked another cove for November.

We need more photos!

Does anyone have a picture to show how close you are to the water?

Also a photo of big wave conditions would be neat to see? How wet does the Cove get when the waves whip-up a little?

• 1 year later...
We sailed the first Western last December in adjoining coves and have booked again for this coming November. The balcony dividers do not open which is the only negative thing, to me, about these cabins. Since we had adjoing rooms I had hoped at least these dividers would open.

Yes, some of the cove balcony dividers do open. My daughter and son-in-law had a stateroom next to ours. We had the cabin steward open it up for us.

2110170550105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes, some of the cove balcony dividers do open. My daughter and son-in-law had a stateroom next to ours. We had the cabin steward open it up for us.

2110170550105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

I noticed in our cove balcony (2-285) that the door adjoining the cabins was on the opposite side (and obviously, a different cabin) of the adjoining door for the balcony. So you could have an adjoining *room* with one cabin, and an adjoining *balcony* with the opposite cabin. I found that odd - why not make the adjoining balcony be the same as the adjoining room?

CoasterJan

• 7 months later...
We're sailing on the Dream for the first time in three weeks (YAY!) and have a Cove Balcony - I will be sure to take photos and post a report when we return. We are looking forward to a new experience.

so I'm really late in replying after our wonderful cruise last Christmas on the Dream. We stayed in Cove Balcony port side, and while I don't remember the exact cabin number, it's the fourth cove from the front on the port side - it's one of the two between the elevator lobby entrances off the hallway so we didn't get much traffic in front of our door. This guy was always waiting for us:

DSC00202.jpg

We have sailed in balcony cabins before but this was our first Cove balcony. We liked how we could watch the comings and goings of other guests and crew and port officials particularly at time for everyone to be onboard at the end of the day. Our cabin was located just to the side of the second forward gangway. Great spot for people watching.

This picture gives some perspective as to location on the ship - start counting from the bigger areas on Deck 2 to the fourth one - that was our cabin:

DSC00461.jpg

Here's a picture of the door with the steel door open - it was never closed until disembarking morning when they opened up all the dividers and closed the outer doors for cleaning and painting:

DSC00124.jpg

And this is the steel door as it was open all week:

DSC00123.jpg

And a picture of the other side's divider:

DSC00600.jpg

As for how the room itself was set up, it was probably the same as other cabins, so I won't post pictures of the inside unless someone wants to see it. We loved having a door / window configuration for the balcony cabin - we haven't had that before - it's always been a sliding door on other ships we've sailed. The window afforded extra shelving for DH to put his glasses, watch, books, kindle, etc. on. Like an extra night stand!

We loved the location of the Cove balcony cabin because it was near the elevators and on deck 2. We could walk up one flight to be at the Lobby bar in the Atrium to get our sodas / juice (we got the package). Our dining was Your Time Dining and we were assigned second floor of the Crimson, so just walked up a few decks for dinner. The boys' youth activities (Club Cool) was on Deck 5 midship so they didn't have too far to go. While we didn't go to the main theater often, it was just one flight up if we were interested.

What was especially nice was coming in after a long hot day out and just having to walk up to Deck 2 from the gangway - no long waits for an elevator!

Archived