Buy One, Get One Drink of the Day Coupons

I was curious if anyone has been to the Port Shopping talk, bought the $25 coupon book, and received the Buy One, Get One Drink of the Day deal lately. We'll be on FOS in 9 days, and I'm hoping they'll have this deal... Anybody recently back from FOS and see these for sale?

Thanks in advance!

We have friends that just came off the Freedom a week ago and unfortunately bought that same book for $25. They were highly disappointed in the coupon book and gave it to us for our upcoming cruise. There are no buy one get one free drink coupons in the book they gave us. There's a ton of "free" trinkets for various shopping locations, should you stop in w/your coupon. Since you are going on Freedom, I think your better bet if you are looking for buy one get one free drinks is check at the Olive or Twist and find out which evening they have this special for drinks. I believe when we went it was martinis, but maybe that has changed. It was offered on specific evenings, for a limited time frame. Have a great cruise!

We have friends that just came off the Freedom a week ago and unfortunately bought that same book for $25. They were highly disappointed in the coupon book and gave it to us for our upcoming cruise. There are no buy one get one free drink coupons in the book they gave us. There's a ton of "free" trinkets for various shopping locations, should you stop in w/your coupon. Since you are going on Freedom, I think your better bet if you are looking for buy one get one free drinks is check at the Olive or Twist and find out which evening they have this special for drinks. I believe when we went it was martinis, but maybe that has changed. It was offered on specific evenings, for a limited time frame. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the info... From my understanding, based off of threads from this past spring, is that the BOGO Drink of the Day deal is sometimes included with the Port Shopping booklet - for $25 you get the booklet and a sticker that goes on your Sea Pass which allows you to get a free Drink of the Day when you buy one... I don't think anyone ever determined exactly how they determined when to include the sticker and when not to, what ships, etc., but I'm hoping they'll offer it on our cruise! It would definitely help with the bar tab!

Thanks for the info... From my understanding, based off of threads from this past spring, is that the BOGO Drink of the Day deal is sometimes included with the Port Shopping booklet - for $25 you get the booklet and a sticker that goes on your Sea Pass which allows you to get a free Drink of the Day when you buy one... I don't think anyone ever determined exactly how they determined when to include the sticker and when not to, what ships, etc., but I'm hoping they'll offer it on our cruise! It would definitely help with the bar tab!

I know for sure that this was available on the Mariner back in September.It also started around that time. But saw a few people who had the sticker on ther sea pass and they were quite happy with that promotion. I think it's unlimited buy 1 get 1 free.

I know for sure that this was available on the Mariner back in September.It also started around that time. But saw a few people who had the sticker on ther sea pass and they were quite happy with that promotion. I think it's unlimited buy 1 get 1 free.

That's my take as well (that it's unlimited by one get one)... Hoping we'll be fortunate enough to join in the fun!

Maybe whether it is included or not depends on specific itinerary and ports stopped at. The merchants who get (buy?) coupon space in the book in order to generate traffic want to be sure there is other incentives for passengers to buy them and come visit their store. Certain ports may have better incentive for the merchants to pay more to be in the book if RCI sweetens the deal to buy one.

Unlimited BOGO for my wife and I could cover the coupon book cost really fast even if we used the sticker and tossed the book. Bummer for the merchants though. If they really wanted to work the promotion aspect the merchants would have BOGO DoD coupons and would exchange them for the one in the book when people come into their shop.

We were just on the Freedom a couple weeks ago and there was no sticker you could get for BOGO drinks...however...there were several times the different bars made those kind of offers. They were announced in the Cruise Compass each day.

BTW, are you going to be on the Aug 1st sailing???? We are going to be on that one also. Have you signed up for the meet and mingle??? If not, be sure you do. We just started to go to the M&Ms and so far we have met some nice people that we ran into throughout the cruise. We'll look for you.

Bonnie & Billy

This was indeed the case on Independence in january 2010.....It is unlimited BOGO with the drink of the day and yes I did pay for my $25 shopping book and then some----I personally did utilize man of the coupons for savings although it is easy to see how some people dont find that to be the case.....

We were just on the Freedom a couple weeks ago and there was no sticker you could get for BOGO drinks...however...there were several times the different bars made those kind of offers. They were announced in the Cruise Compass each day.

BTW, are you going to be on the Aug 1st sailing???? We are going to be on that one also. Have you signed up for the meet and mingle??? If not, be sure you do. We just started to go to the M&Ms and so far we have met some nice people that we ran into throughout the cruise. We'll look for you.

Bonnie & Billy

Thanks for the info... Yes, we're on the 8-1-10 sailing, and have signed up for the M&M.

do they offer these on TA (I am thinking not.. due to the amout of time at sea.. and how do you know if/when/where to buy it? what other items are in it?

thanks!

I haven't seen the shopping booklet offered on Trans Atlantic sailings.

This past February we purchased this shore coupon book and as posted above a sticker was placed on my Sea Pass Card that allowed us to purchase unlimited drinks of the day! It was quite deal.

Later

Earl

I haven't seen the shopping booklet offered on Trans Atlantic sailings.

Think you are right. I knew for sure that is was available in Sept on the Mariner, but couldn't remember if I have seen it on my transatlantic on the Navigator.

I was curious if anyone has been to the Port Shopping talk, bought the $25 coupon book, and received the Buy One, Get One Drink of the Day deal lately. We'll be on FOS in 9 days, and I'm hoping they'll have this deal... Anybody recently back from FOS and see these for sale?

Thanks in advance!

I know you are being specific about Freedeom of the Seas, but when I was on the Oasis (I would think they are doing it on several ships) they did offer this, bought the book and got the BOGO Drink of the Day. Hope this helps.

We will be on Oasis next month. :D Does anyone know if this is avaliable and if so when? Thanks. Happy cruising!!!!!

This was offered on the Oasis. Go to the port and shopping talk. It lasts about an hour, and if you buy the book for $25 you get a sticker to place on the back of your sea pass card. Show it to the bartender and they know it's a buy one get one drink of the day.

On our cruise (we did Eastern) I believe the talk was the first full sea day. Right after bingo. Enjoy the cruise

Unlimitted bogo free drinks of the day???

Unlimited buy one get one of the Drink of the Day, yes. Buy the useless Shopping Coupon Book for $25, with a special sticker on it that is apparently only offered on some ships/sailings. That's what the deal is, if you find it aboard your cruise.

Unlimited buy one get one of the Drink of the Day, yes. Buy the useless Shopping Coupon Book for $25, with a special sticker on it that is apparently only offered on some ships/sailings. That's what the deal is, if you find it aboard your cruise.

Doesn't seem so useless even if the BOGO drink of the day is the only thing you use it for. I haven't cruised yet but from what I understand drinks can be quite pricey and even if the drink of the day is only $5 you'll get your monies worth by getting a drink each day, right?

This sounds like a great idea to me, unfortunate that you have to attend the shopping talk, which I wasn't planning on doing but I'll have to think about it now.

Cheers :)

Persnickety

As long as there are drink coupons, that'll work... the rest are useless.

Doesn't seem so useless even if the BOGO drink of the day is the only thing you use it for. I haven't cruised yet but from what I understand drinks can be quite pricey and even if the drink of the day is only $5 you'll get your monies worth by getting a drink each day, right?

This sounds like a great idea to me, unfortunate that you have to attend the shopping talk, which I wasn't planning on doing but I'll have to think about it now.

Cheers :)

Persnickety

You have to attend a shopping talk?! Oh my.. I'll send my wife!

A couple questions...

1. How long does this shopping talk last?

2. What other kinds of coupons are in the book?

3. Are the drinks of the day already a good value? Are they cheaper on their featured days than they are other days? If one drink is $5, then sure we might use it, but if it is still $12 for one drink, I may just opt not to drink at all.

4. Are the featured drinks very weak? Can you order them extra strong?

5. Is the drink of the day available at all of the ship bars, or only certain ones?

6. Are you allowed to buy a drink at one bar and carrying it to another?

Archived