Buy One, Get One Drink of the Day Coupons

A couple questions...

4. Are the featured drinks very weak? Can you order them extra strong?

Sometimes the drink if the day is not something I would like so that's why I'm not sure if it's realy worth it.:confused: You'd actually have to want to have that drink that day and like it for it to work. IMHO.

Last year (summer 2009) on the Grandeur we bought the book for unlimited anytime BOGO drink of the day with the sticker. Last month (June 2010) on Explorer the BOGO deal with a book was VERY limited. It was good in one bar only and between the hours of 10-11PM. :p

I was advised that "the deal" depends on the individual ship and the "book" marketing contract at the time with that ship.

Last year (summer 2009) on the Grandeur we bought the book for unlimited anytime BOGO drink of the day with the sticker. Last month (June 2010) on Explorer the BOGO deal with a book was VERY limited. It was good in one bar only and between the hours of 10-11PM. :p

I was advised that "the deal" depends on the individual ship and the "book" marketing contract at the time with that ship.

Thanks for the info...

Hoping someone here has recently returned from Freedom and has some more info! I'm hoping they'll offer the BOGO deal on our cruise!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I'm reviving this thread, I know it is a little old. I am just wondering since this was back last July, if anyone has been on a recent Oasis cruise that had this sticker/DoD special? Did you have to attend the shopping talk?

Last March on Voyager, we got the coupon book with the sticker for B1G1 drinks of the day. But we got it the day of boarding on the Promenade. They were announcing it and selling it right there.

We are planning to go on Oasis in June, and would love to get that sticker again.

TIA.

In January on the Voyager they did not have any shopping books for sale. They had the "Savy Traveler" with all the coupons that you can pick up while in the shops at the ports. They were charging $30 for the leather folder and coupons and there were no drink specials associated with it. They said they were limited to 150 per sailing of these so you better stand back and watch as pure pandemonium breaks out during the port and shopping show (At least that's what the shopping guide on the Voyager described would happen).:rolleyes:

We asked about the BOGO DOD before the shopping show and were told by the shopping guide (Vince I believe) that it is up to the Food & Beverage manager on each ship if they have that offer and the current one on Voyager doesn't do them. Must have been a new F&B manager on the ship in January because we heard the BOGO DOD was happening on Voyager in December. :confused:

On Independence Feb-2010 they had the shopping book which the sticker was BOGO on all Drink of Day for the rest of the week

On Adventure Jan 2011- they had the Savvy Traveller which was 30 and had the sticker for BOGO for the Drink of the Day for Port Days Only.

I bought both, definately got my money's worth plus the Savvy Traveler portfolio matches the Parazul Bag I got so it was worth it for me anyways..

I was just on the Oasis in Jan. and the coupon book had the offer buy a glass of champagne and get one free. I asked about the bogo drink and they said not this time. good luck. Just ask at the port shopping desk. Good luck. Have fun!!

In January on the Voyager they did not have any shopping books for sale. They had the "Savy Traveler" with all the coupons that you can pick up while in the shops at the ports. They were charging $30 for the leather folder and coupons and there were no drink specials associated with it. They said they were limited to 150 per sailing of these so you better stand back and watch as pure pandemonium breaks out during the port and shopping show (At least that's what the shopping guide on the Voyager described would happen).:rolleyes:

We asked about the BOGO DOD before the shopping show and were told by the shopping guide (Vince I believe) that it is up to the Food & Beverage manager on each ship if they have that offer and the current one on Voyager doesn't do them. Must have been a new F&B manager on the ship in January because we heard the BOGO DOD was happening on Voyager in December. :confused:

NOOOOOoooooooooo.........

Last year I loved the BOGOs.

I would pay the bartender a nice tip ( went to the same one most days )

and would get them a little strong !!!!!!!!

A little tip goes a long way.

sisters and I do not mind strong fufu drinks !! :D

:rolleyes:

Archived