Surprise I Haven't Seen This...

I would assume that they hadn't heard about it, as I hadn't.

Not a "happy", consumer-friendly trend, alas. Probably won't effect most people very much.

I look at it this way, they are merging policies. This is almost the exact same as the UK policy (short of the nonrefundable deposit).

I am ok with this. Buy insurance and you don't have to worry about what they penalize you with. And don't give me "I can't afford insurance." Just like if you can't afford insurance, you don't drive - if you can't afford insurance, don't vacation :) Not work the risk.

I am not seeing the difference in what it is now:confused:

The page shows both policies. Scroll down to see the current policy and compare the dates and percents of penalty.

How long until they add the nonrefundable deposit? Guesses? Bets? Anyone? You know it is coming...

What I read into the new policy is that they will be changing final payment dates from 70 days out to 75 days out. Not really much of a change and it won't change my decision about buying insurance or not.

More to it than that, e.g. you used to be cancel up to 7 days out and still get some refund, whereas now it's 14 days.

As the OP said though, it's unlikely to affect too many people (and not something many will be able to foresee either!).

(To the OP, you posted a link while signed in under your personal name. You may want to repose link not signed in and pull the original link.)

That is crazy, but not me lol. Not sure if it is a faux RCCL account or what not, but..yeah.

Archived