Stupid Qestions Asked Of The Crew

OK, technically these were asked on shore rather than aboard the ship, but an employee in a shop in Alaska told me that among the most frequent questions from cruise passengers were, "What kind of money do you use here?" (Alaska's a U.S. state now - hadn't you heard?) and "Do you have any Mounties items?" (um, no, try Canada...)

One of my favorites that the CD's haven't gotten onto yet is one that several of us came up with during a bacardi blast.

What religion are those people who wear a round patch behind their ear? After a few more rum & cokes it was decided that they were Apaches.

One of my favorites that the CD's haven't gotten onto yet is one that several of us came up with during a bacardi blast.

What religion are those people who wear a round patch behind their ear? After a few more rum & cokes it was decided that they were Apaches.

OMG!!!!:p:D:D

This one was from my sister:

Do ship dock in the middle of the ocean, so the passengers can jump down and swim?

This other one was from a passenger looking for his cabin and I overheard he told his wife:

The reason we got lost looking for our cabin was because the ship change direction.

Do you live on the "boat" or get on every morning? (asked at about 12a.m. while we were about 20 miles out to sea)

Why does your name tag have an American city and state on it (looking at the spot that says "hometown")

You sound American! How did you get that accent?

Does the crew eat? (not "does the crew eat here...just 'does the crew eat?')

Do you train the dolphins to follow the ship?

It is too hot out here on deck, why wont you make it cool down?

Why would you let it rain during my vacation? I'll never sail here again! (seriously...)

Are you going to make the birds leave the ship alone?

My favorite was after we had a crew party one night in the lounge (well after it closed) a guest tried to wander in and we shooed them away. They turn and ask "How dare these people not let us in! This is our ship!" When we stated it was a crew event she actually said "This is ridiculous! Don't you know you are here to serve us! We tell you when to party and it is NOT NOW. Now get out and put on a show!"

And...while not working on a ship but while working for a shorex company in AK

"What is the name of this lake?" - On a boat about 5 feet from their cruise ship, while the load onto the tender to take the tour.

How do all the people get here? Are they hired? - speaking of the people who live in the town.

Where does your electricity come from?

Do you have to hunt for food?

What is that big building with the cross? (That would be a church...)

Can we pet the Sea Lions?

Can you make it smell better out here (near the Sea Lions)

Can we fish at the hatchery?

Can we play with that bear cub?

You forgot the one about how long the extension cord is that connects the ship to an outlet on land for power. :D

Don't try and fool us, everybody knows that they beam it in by satellite these days.:)

Not on a ship but one of my faves:
We had a neighbour hood party.I went to McDonalds and ordered 20 hamburgers,6 cheeseburgers,12 milkshakes 8 soda and 20 large fries.
The person behind the counter taking my order asked 'is that take out or will you be eating in ".
I know it was a automatic response but it still made me shake my head.

Archived