Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

Thank you for your expert help!! Hey, a covered balcony with a lifeboat view beats no balcony at all!! We are expecting a great cruise!!! :)

That's the right attitude.

What I don't understand is how many folk have cabins and don't have an idea what the balconies are like.

Is NCL being deliberately misleading ? Is there a big difference in price between one that is covered and has a lifeboat outside and a "normal" one with an open view ?

Isn't it annoying that the lifeboats are on the outside of the ship not recessed like they usually are.

Now I'm curious....we are sailing THIS Saturday :D (8/28) and am wondering about our balcony cabin. It's cabin 10254. Anyone got the scoop on it?? Thanks in advance. :)

10254 overlooks open balconies and lifeboats.

The bed is by the entranca door.

10254.jpg

would you know about HC cabin 8186? lifeboat view, covered? noisy from below? thanks for your help.

8186 seems to be one of four best cabins on this ship (in terms of internal layout/equipment).

The view uotside is spoiled with lifeboats though.

The balcony is covered.

Below are the corridor that gives access to lifeboats and galley(?).

Rear staircases and elevators are conveniently close.

8186.jpg

8186 seems to be one of four best cabins on this ship (in terms of internal layout/equipment).

The view uotside is spoiled with lifeboats though.

The balcony is covered.

Below are the corridor that gives access to lifeboats and galley(?).

Rear staircases and elevators are conveniently close.

8186.jpg

thanks. this was the only CAT D4 deluxe HC cabin that would take 3 passengers. seems that ncl should not charge CAT D4 prices for an obstructed view.however i am happy the balcony is covered. again, thanks.

thanks. this was the only CAT D4 deluxe HC cabin that would take 3 passengers. seems that ncl should not charge CAT D4 prices for an obstructed view.however i am happy the balcony is covered. again, thanks.

You are very welcome.

Guys, I will be out for a while.

Happy cruising to everyone!

Lusitanica, I tired hard to figure out where our cabin was located based on the many responses you gave others. I finally gave up! It at first appeared we had a balcony on a bump out and then in another picture I figured I was crazy. :eek: We will be in cabin 14129. Can you help us out? And thanks a bunch what a lot of work this must be but I sure appreciate it. :D

Thank you Lusitanica !!!

Why would you not recommend the Epic as my 1st cruise ?? :confused:

I would not recommend Epic for "1st cruise ever".

11168 overlooks open balconies followed by rescue boat, cranes and other equipment.

No huge lifeboats directly below though.

Thank you Lusitanica !!!

Why would you not recommend the Epic as my 1st cruise ?? :confused:

As you are already booked, I wish you happy journey.

Generally speaking, for the 1st time cruiser it's better to start from a ship that offers the whole variety of cruising "pleasures".

It does not mean that the first time cruiser won't be happy with Epic.

On the contrary, the first timer is most likely to be among those happy.

But the 1st time cruiser may get a wrong impression of what cruising is because the whole cruising is not limited to what Epic offers.

Bon voyage!

Edited by lusitanica

Lusitanica, I tired hard to figure out where our cabin was located based on the many responses you gave others. I finally gave up! It at first appeared we had a balcony on a bump out and then in another picture I figured I was crazy. :eek: We will be in cabin 14129. Can you help us out? And thanks a bunch what a lot of work this must be but I sure appreciate it. :D

14129.jpg

Guys, I will be out for a while.

Happy cruising to everyone!

Edited by lusitanica

I was wondering about the connecting rooms........ a ncl person said over the phone that all cabins that have what looks like a small box next to the balcony door are connecting.......I don't see the actual door in pictures I've reviewed....Can anyone tell me if that's true and do the balconys open up to adjoining cabins too ?

anyone have a connecting door picture so I can see the layout ?

Now I'm curious....we are sailing THIS Saturday :D (8/28) and am wondering about our balcony cabin. It's cabin 10254. Anyone got the scoop on it?? Thanks in advance. :)

Hi there :)

We too are booked in that cabin for next summer (med Cruise) , 2 adults and our daughter who will be 15. Any info and pics you can bring back would be brilliant!!! :D

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Sam :)

I was wondering about the connecting rooms........ a ncl person said over the phone that all cabins that have what looks like a small box next to the balcony door are connecting.......I don't see the actual door in pictures I've reviewed....Can anyone tell me if that's true and do the balconys open up to adjoining cabins too ?

anyone have a connecting door picture so I can see the layout ?

The only rooms that connect with doors on the INSIDE are on 13 and 14. You can see a small square in the corner of each room on these decks showing which room they connect to. The connection door is narrow, like a closet door, and latches open if you want. Having said that, what I HIGHLY recommend (having sailed in a connecting room) is to NOT get one. Why? Well, it takes away much needed closet space in those small rooms, plus we found it was just as easy to use the open balconies to go between the 3 rooms we had. Almost all balcony dividers open (I think the exception is some of the suites), and you can just connect that way without losing space. Here are some pics.

Our open balconies (we opened them ourselves with a coffee stirrer. lol)

249-vi.jpg

290-vi.jpg

View from 14024 to 14022 through the connector

490-vi.jpg