Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

I personally felt sorry for those in exposed balconies down below our room, but you will certainly get more sun that way for sure! I guess I didn't consider the fact that some people would prefer all that sun, even though it was hotter than heck outside. On the other hand I liked the extra cover over the balcony that I had in 14022. We had a couple of storms and it was nice to be out there and dry.

1281-vi.jpg

266-vi.jpg

Brand spanking new here...but loving all this information..... I can honestly say I'm a real newbie to this forum and cruises after a few hours of reading.... had no idea never been to a forum such as this and 1st cruise ever 11/30 - Epic...

Thanks to all !!!

I've looked through this thread and seen no mention to this room and was curious of the location balcony position etc...can anyone help ?? I've have looked at the NCL resources and there is no help for me anyhow to find this one....

Room # 11168

Thanks

brbo

Cant beleive how good you are at this, any help locating or advise on 12308 please.:)

The very aft portside cabin with the bed next to the entrance door.

Overlooks open balconies below.

The balcony is sligtly larger than standard.

No lifeboats directly below.

50% of panoramic view is somewhat obstructed by the equipment hanging outside behind 12308 balcony.

12308ah.jpg

Ok, 'everybody else is doing it'...what about 8047? I think uncovered over a life boat. Thanks!!! Hey, do you live on the Epic?!?!?!? :D

NCL gives contradictory info, but IMO 8047 is covered and located as shown.

Yes, it's complemented with a huge lifeboat. :mad:

8047v.jpg

11185 overlooks lifeboats.

Note that the balcony is seen with the partition opened.

Normally 11185 would look as the balcony one deck below (which is 10197).

Thanks lusitanica! You're great to do this for everyone. I was wondering why this cabin looked different than the others in the picture - good to know it was the open partition.

Maybe your pictures can be organized on this forum somehow in order of decks and whatnot. That way, even though your picture for me was of 11185, someone asking for say 11155 can just count the balconies over. Might save you from everyone asking for cabin pictures when maybe 4 or 5 pictures can show them all. Thanks again!

Edited by db1234db1234

Brand spanking new here...but loving all this information..... I can honestly say I'm a real newbie to this forum and cruises after a few hours of reading.... had no idea never been to a forum such as this and 1st cruise ever 11/30 - Epic...

Thanks to all !!!

I've looked through this thread and seen no mention to this room and was curious of the location balcony position etc...can anyone help ?? I've have looked at the NCL resources and there is no help for me anyhow to find this one....

Room # 11168

Thanks

brbo

I would not recommend Epic for "1st cruise ever".

11168 overlooks open balconies followed by rescue boat, cranes and other equipment.

No huge lifeboats directly below though.

11168.jpg

I already swapped once when I realised our cabin was above the bowling alley!

Have I done better with 8190?

Now it's above a sort of service area (galley?). It's hard to say how it affects you.

Half of the view outside is taken by lifeboats.

8190.jpg

Edited by lusitanica

NCL gives contradictory info, but IMO 8047 is covered and located as shown.

Yes, it's complemented with a huge lifeboat. :mad:

8047v.jpg

Thank you for your expert help!! Hey, a covered balcony with a lifeboat view beats no balcony at all!! We are expecting a great cruise!!! :)