Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

I'm cruising for the first time ever on Epic to the Western Med October 16. My best friend and I are in 9121. Do you happen to know whether that balcony is covered or not, obstructed or not? Thanks!

Mike

Ok

After reading all 17 pages I am very confused!

We are booked in a balcony cabin 9085. The best I can figure from these post is we are a covered balcony but our view below will be a life boat.

We wanted to be close to the elevators so that is why we picked this room along with the NCL booking agents help.

Where should we be if we want a covered balcony and to be able to look down and see the ocean and not someones balcony or the lifeboats?

This matters more than being close to the elevator!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Ok

After reading all 17 pages I am very confused!

We are booked in a balcony cabin 9085. The best I can figure from these post is we are a covered balcony but our view below will be a life boat.

We wanted to be close to the elevators so that is why we picked this room along with the NCL booking agents help.

Where should we be if we want a covered balcony and to be able to look down and see the ocean and not someones balcony or the lifeboats?

This matters more than being close to the elevator!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

I don't know if this picture ( The grand floating hotel called Epic) will help you or not--but what I hope you can see here is that with a few exceptions, just about every balcony on Deck 8 is open to above, and conversely, just about every balcony above Deck 8 will look down on a Deck 8 or 9 balcony. The lifeboats are also quite visible from above. (I'm not going to do Lusitanica's thing and correlate pictures to deck plans for you--sorry.)

The only balconies which are essentially assured of looking straight down at water are the aft ones (as seen here: Stern view, NCL Epic)

Maybe I'm missing something, but when we were out on our balcony, we were sitting down and looking out at the ocean. I'm pleased to report that those views are completely unobstructed. :)

Sailing away!

Wow, this is a long thread!

McMommy, I think you're right, your cabin 9085 is covered but the lifeboats are below.

I haven't read all the previous pages, so please forgive me if this has already been posted.

For my upcoming cruise on the Epic I wanted the cheapest balcony that was covered, with no view of someone else's balcony or lifeboats below, not at the front where it's extra windy, and no possible horrible noise problems. Of course everyone has their own priorities. I don't mind a long walk from the elevators or being on a lower level.

I looked at photos of the exterior of the ship and this website, where you can see the room numbers clearly and also drag one deck over another:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Click on Norwegian, then Epic, on the lower left of the page, click on drag decks, and all the decks will be shown. You can move the decks around by dragging it with your mouse.

When you place one deck over another, line up the elevators.

You can then see what you are over and under precisely. (I happen to be an architect.)

To see whether you are over life boats, find a photo and count rooms from either the front or the back of the ship to locate your selected balcony.

For my own particular parameters, my choices were 8199 to 8209. These are the cheapest category balconies, toward the back of the ship, on the sides (not the more expensive aft ones). They are over Cagneys, but not over an unidentified blank space.

If this thread is still popular when I get back, I'll post again!

Edited by helencw

I don't know if this picture ( The grand floating hotel called Epic) will help you or not--but what I hope you can see here is that with a few exceptions, just about every balcony on Deck 8 is open to above, and conversely, just about every balcony above Deck 8 will look down on a Deck 8 or 9 balcony. The lifeboats are also quite visible from above. (I'm not going to do Lusitanica's thing and correlate pictures to deck plans for you--sorry.)

The only balconies which are essentially assured of looking straight down at water are the aft ones (as seen here: Stern view, NCL Epic)

Maybe I'm missing something, but when we were out on our balcony, we were sitting down and looking out at the ocean. I'm pleased to report that those views are completely unobstructed. :)

Sailing away!

Thank you! I guess I'm ok with our choice, maybe the upsell fairy will call!

Wow, this is a long thread!

McMommy, I think you're right, your cabin 9085 is covered but the lifeboats are below.

I haven't read all the previous pages, so please forgive me if this has already been posted.

For my upcoming cruise on the Epic I wanted the cheapest balcony that was covered, with no view of someone else's balcony or lifeboats below, not at the front where it's extra windy, and no possible horrible noise problems. Of course everyone has their own priorities. I don't mind a long walk from the elevators or being on a lower level.

I looked at photos of the exterior of the ship and this website, where you can see the room numbers clearly and also drag one deck over another:

Click on Norwegian, then Epic, on the lower left of the page, click on drag decks, and all the decks will be shown. You can move the decks around by dragging it with your mouse.

When you place one deck over another, line up the elevators.

You can then see what you are over and under precisely. (I happen to be an architect.)

To see whether you are over life boats, find a photo and count rooms from either the front or the back of the ship to locate your selected balcony.

For my own particular parameters, my choices were 8199 to 8209. These are the cheapest category balconies, toward the back of the ship, on the sides (not the more expensive aft ones). They are over Cagneys, but not over an unidentified blank space.

If this thread is still popular when I get back, I'll post again!

Interesting web page but they want me to join and it's not free! Is it worth it?

Hi Lusitanica, do you have any insight on cabin 8083 ? Directly above a lifeboat, exposed balcony etc. Any info is greatly appreciated. TY

Hi SASA13, obviously not Lusitanica here but I thought a fellow roll call member could help. I was looking at the deck plans and some previous photos that have been posted and it does appear that your balcony is exposed and over a lifeboat.

With that said, I wouldn't be too concerned. When on one's balcony, you look out onto the seas, not straight down on your neighbours or the lifeboat:D. We will have fun in a few short months!

mcmomny,

This web site is free to view the deck plans.

You only have to join if you want to view photos. I haven't joined. There are plenty of free photos if you search online.

Click on Norwegian, then Epic,

Be sure to find "drag decks" on the lower left of the page, and click on that.

All the decks of the Epic will be shown to the same scale on one page. You can move the decks around by dragging it with your mouse.

When you place one deck over another, line up the elevators, and you can see if you will over look the balcony below, or if the balcony above covers you.

I believe your room 9085 is fully covered by the balcony above, and the room next to you toward the front 9083 has a tiny corner exposed.

You are not overlooking a balcony below. If you look toward the front of the ship, you may see some exposed balconies, but I don't think that would be bothersome.

Since you are on the 9th floor, the life boats on the 7th floor are some distance away, and I wouldn't find that bothersome either.

Since I wanted to pay as little as possible, I had to be more careful in selecting the balcony for myself on the 8th floor.

If I didn't mind paying more, I would select an aft balcony (I love those!)

Edited by helencw
typos

• 2 weeks later...

We booked cruise without choosing room (just category) and got 'upgraded' to family balcony class B3 room 14045. I was a bit worried when I saw this was the family deck - we are celebrating our newly 'empty nest' status. Anyone know if deck 14 will be noisy, and if room 14045 will have an OK balcony?

thanks!:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Lusitanica - Do you know if 9249 is an exposed balcony? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Not LS, but here's a link to the free drag it deck plans for the Epic. 9249 is not an exposed balcony.

Enjoy your cruise on the Epic - we loved her.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

we are also in this room and would love to know what the balcony is like (covered or open) wife loves the sun and I hate it? It looks to be besdie the bump, so I am not sure if I picked a good one?

thanks all (first time on Norwegian)

I just put a courtesy hold on these two connecting rooms. I'd like to know the balcony configurations before putting deposit on them. They are very close to the bridge and I don't want to porthole type rooms. Anyone know what they look like? I have til tomorrow to decide. Thanks!

Edited by skiwee

I just put a courtesy hold on these two connecting rooms. I'd like to know the balcony configurations before putting deposit on them. They are very close to the bridge and I don't want to porthole type rooms. Anyone know what they look like? I have til tomorrow to decide. Thanks!

It looks like 13012 & 13016 are just normal balcony rooms:

15s1rq0.jpg

we are also in this room and would love to know what the balcony is like (covered or open) wife loves the sun and I hate it? It looks to be besdie the bump, so I am not sure if I picked a good one?

thanks all (first time on Norwegian)

14151 is covered. The only open Balconies are on deck 8.

Here is a Youtube video tour of your cabin:

EDIT:

Picture:

2m5fn9l.jpg

Edited by Sgt Superman

• 1 month later...
Hi SASA13, obviously not Lusitanica here but I thought a fellow roll call member could help. I was looking at the deck plans and some previous photos that have been posted and it does appear that your balcony is exposed and over a lifeboat.

With that said, I wouldn't be too concerned. When on one's balcony, you look out onto the seas, not straight down on your neighbours or the lifeboat:D. We will have fun in a few short months!

HI Kerrytens :) Thanks for the info. I have sinced moved to cabin 11124. Can't wait.