Carnival Cruise Line and Five Guys!!!

westwingjazz

How about the steakhouse option? I can order steak in the MDR, why provide an alternate place for steak that costs extra? Would you CHOOSE to enlighten us with your opinion on this option?

Sure. USDA Aged Prime vs. Choice, inividually prepared.

Any other questions?

How about the steakhouse option? I can order steak in the MDR, why provide an alternate place for steak that costs extra? Would you CHOOSE to enlighten us with your opinion on this option?

Yes i will, because its a nice romantic evening away from the people who chose not to dress decent in the MDR. The food is also alot better. But why add more pay places? Isn't one enough or should we be like RCCL and charge alot more for a cruise and have more pay places, yet the experience between the two cruiselines is alike as previously posted by people who have sailed both Carnival and RCCL. Sushi is free for the people that like it...they could have charged for that too. I say leave a succsessful product alone.

Yes i will, because its a nice romantic evening away from the people who chose not to dress decent in the MDR. The food is also alot better. But why add more pay places? Isn't one enough or should we be like RCCL and charge alot more for a cruise and have more pay places, yet the experience between the two cruiselines is alike as previously posted by people who have sailed both Carnival and RCCL. Sushi is free for the people that like it...they could have charged for that too. I say leave a succsessful product alone.

Not everyone likes steakhouses, Bruce. If the current pay restaurant was molecular gastronomy, would you be praising it so highly? I doubt it.

Are you paying attention MR PETE and PAULANDFRAN? This isn't about burgers and how much "free stuff" you can shove into your face.

I'm pretty sure I never talked about "how much free stuff you can shove into your face". :confused:

But anyway back on topic: "Carnival Cruise Line and Five Guys!!!"

I may eat at a place like Five Guys at home but I'm not that interested in one onboard. Some mention the ambience is worth paying for. IMO the ambience is better on the Lido. I can sit in a chain restaurant anytime at home. I'd rather sit at the pool and people watch and grab a free burger on the ship. Part of the appeal of a cruise is that the food is included. I won't say I'll NEVER pay extra for food but for a burger?? Nahhh, not me.

There's something about eating a burger on a cruise ship that simply makes it taste better. Or is it just me?

Yes i will, because its a nice romantic evening away from the people who chose not to dress decent in the MDR. The food is also alot better. But why add more pay places? Isn't one enough

I guess one will have to be enough as long as it satisfies your needs, because after all, isn't it all about you? Besides we can't enjoy a nice meal as long as those people are dressed so inappropriately for dinner.

I'm pretty sure I never talked about "how much free stuff you can shove into your face". :confused:

I may eat at a place like Five Guys at home but I'm not that interested in one onboard. Some mention the ambience is worth paying for. IMO the ambience is better on the Lido. I can sit in a chain restaurant anytime at home. I'd rather sit at the pool and people watch and grab a free burger.

There's something about eating a burger on a cruise ship that just makes it taste better. Or is it just me?

I agree with you Fran, but with that said i have stated that about bowling alleys and ice rinks ( that i can do that at home) Of course the normal nasty replies on here were some people might not live near bowling alleys or ice rinks??? I think there is almost as many bowling alleys as Schools! Or just cause i don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't > I agree but isn't this post about opinions? Hmmmm

I may eat at a place like Five Guys at home but I'm not that interested in one onboard. Some mention the ambience is worth paying for. IMO the ambience is better on the Lido. I can sit in a chain restaurant anytime at home. I'd rather sit at the pool and people watch and grab a free burger.

There's something about eating a burger on a cruise ship that just makes it taste better. Or is it just me?

I'm sure you didn't. I was refering to your lack of understanding the concept of the thread. We don't care if you like Five Guys burgers, ever heard of Five Guys burgers or even if you eat burgers. The OP just asked if there are other dining options you would like to see onboard. HIS choice was Five Guys. Apparently you would prefer to sit by the pool. I have a pool at home so I don't need one on a ship. Isn't that the logic stream here Bruce.

I'm sure you didn't. I was refering to your lack of understanding the concept of the thread. We don't care if you like Five Guys burgers, ever heard of Five Guys burgers or even if you eat burgers. The OP just asked if there are other dining options you would like to see onboard. HIS choice was Five Guys. Apparently you would prefer to sit by the pool. I have a pool at home so I don't need one on a ship. Isn't that the logic stream here Bruce.

You have a pool at home with thousands of people to watch? AND you have someone cooking you burgers on your deck? Cool. I see why you don't want to eat burgers on deck then.

Isn't that the logic stream here Bruce.

Actually not for me...i have a pool with hottub but still use the ones on the ship...its the ambience! A bowling alley is a bowling alley even on a ship...unless of course they put it along the edge of a sports deck railing overlooking the water! Now then i might bowl!By the way i do love NH and realize that bowling alleys are not close by there! So its true there are exceptions!

i do love NH and realize that bowling alleys are not close by there! So its true there are exceptions!

Yeah, unfortunately bowling alleys have been going out of business. I can't imagine why. I do see how they would be popular in NJ. I've seen that show The Jersey Shore.

In all seriousness I would like to apologize to anyone that thought my comments were rude and off topic. I guess I was too concerned with certain people that didn't understand the concept of the thread. I love these boards for their information AND opinions. I'm sorry. But I still think a 24 hour breakfast place should have a place onboard.:)

Yeah, unfortunately bowling alleys have been going out of business. I can't imagine why. I do see how they would be popular in NJ. I've seen that show The Jersey Shore.

In all seriousness I would like to apologize to anyone that thought my comments were rude and off topic. I guess I was too concerned with certain people that didn't understand the concept of the thread. I love these boards for their information AND opinions. I'm sorry. But I still think a 24 hour breakfast place should have a place onboard.:)

Those so called people from that Jersey Shore show actually bowled? They aren't from Jersey most of them and the people i know sure don't resemble them...Thank God!

Actually not for me...i have a pool with hottub but still use the ones on the ship...its the ambience! A bowling alley is a bowling alley even on a ship...unless of course they put it along the edge of a sports deck railing overlooking the water! Now then i might bowl!By the way i do love NH and realize that bowling alleys are not close by there! So its true there are exceptions!

Actually, the bowling alley is in a night club, so it does have ambiance. But, you can go to night clubs at home, right?

Actually, the bowling alley is in a night club, so it does have ambiance. But, you can go to night clubs at home, right?

Nah i don't do nightclubs on the ship! Or at home. Just piano bar! I am 52 so i think i am done with nightclubs! Haven't been bowling in years but they were too smokey for me!

Nah i don't do nightclubs on the ship! Or at home. Just piano bar! I am 52 so i think i am done with nightclubs! Haven't been bowling in years but they were too smokey for me!

I'm not a big nightclub person either. But it's fun to have a few drinks and dance. I do have to toss my clothes in a plastic bag though and take a shower and wash my hair as soon as I get back to my cabin to get the smoke smell out.

So I won't find you at Bamboo down in Seaside Heights? ;)

Archived