Carnival Cruise Line and Five Guys!!!

westwingjazz

RCCL has partnered with Johnny Rockets in order to provide guests with an alternative option.

Who would you suggest CCL partner with in order to provide an alternative dining option?

I will go first....I would love to see CCL partner with Five Guys as a dining option.

Your turn, suggest two or three....

Why?

The burgers Carnival serves for "free" are great!

The burgers RCCL serves are hockey pucks served in grease soup. ANd then they give you an option to "buy" a burger at JR's, which were nothing to write home about.

I may have my first Five Guys burger in Emporia Virginia on Thursday night.

Why would you want to drink beer in a Chuck E. Cheese on the ship? There are already plenty of places to drink beer, aren't there? Or is it the special ambience of drinking beer in Chuck E. Cheese? :confused:

Where did you get that out of my post:confused: If they had one on the ship I wouldn't even go in it....much less drink beer in it......

The only good thing about Chuck E. Cheese is that they sell beer:D

Where did you get that out of my post:confused: If they had one on the ship I wouldn't even go in it....much less drink beer in it......

Oh ok, I didn't know where you were going with the Chuck E. Cheese beer comment you made. I guess it wasn't related to the topic we were discussing. My mistake! ;)

They [AS IN RCCL] charge for everything man, worse than NCL. Pushed me too far when they started to charge for roomservice after midnight or whatever, turned me off.

When this poster made this comment about room service charges after midnight, they were referring to RCL, NOT CARNIVAL.

Five Brothers is overpriced, overrated. My family has eaten there twice and we all prefer In and Out Burger.

However, I think CCL puts out a good burger. They are served fresh, they have good fries,chicken tenders and I wish they'd bring back the onion rings.

I've never heard of "Five Guys", but places that would be great on a cruise ship are:

Wetzel's Pretzels

Cold Stone Creamery

Carmine's

Il Mulino (okay, that wouldn't happen on Carnival, LOL - everybody would think it is too expensive)

I didn't read this whole thread (it is soooo long!), but spotted somebody's idea for a 24/7 breakfast foods place - I LOVE that idea!!!! Breakfast food is better at night, IMO!

Emporia? Why on earth would anyone want willing stop in Emporia?:p Just don't let them represent the rest of VA to you. ;)

LOL.

It just happens to be the place I was, the night of 12/8/80, on my way home from Florida.

I usually stop just north of Fredricksburg, when I'm foolish enough to drive. But I'm usually headed for Myrtle Beach.

In any case, I'll heed your advice! :D

I would like to see some "specialty" places, like a nicer version of the food they have now, and charge for it. Like to me, the steakhouse is absolutely worth the $30 for much better food and a better dining experience. I love the coffee shops on board so I can get my French vanilla cappuccino, but people still have the option of regular coffee on Lido.

So I would have a specialty ice cream shop, on top of the regular free ice cream they have in the machines. They can charge for it because it would be better than what is offered in the machines, more flavors, and toppings! Sprinkles, Reese's Pieces, hot fudge. I would totally pay for that, but those that don't want ot can get regular ice cream from the Lido.

So far we've had more people complaining and showing how cheap they are, than those playing along and adding to the list. I like the idea of a Teppanyaki restaurant. If you don't want to pay extra for it fine, stand in the buffet line counting your pennies.

Honey, if I weren't cheap I wouldn't be sailing Carnival! :D

Perhaps there's a nouveau riche line you'd find more to your liking.

Why?

The burgers Carnival serves for "free" are great!

The burgers RCCL serves are hockey pucks served in grease soup. ANd then they give you an option to "buy" a burger at JR's, which were nothing to write home about.

I may have my first Five Guys burger in Emporia Virginia on Thursday night.

It would be helpful if those of you that don't understand the concept of this thread avoid taking up space that could be used by those of us that do. Are you paying attention MR PETE and PAULANDFRAN? This isn't about burgers and how much "free stuff" you can shove into your face. The key words in the OP's initial post (that means the very first post PAULANDFRAN) are DINING OPTIONS. We are discussing what other food "Options" would you like to see onboard.

It would be helpful if those of you that don't understand the concept of this thread avoid taking up space that could be used by those of us that do. Are you paying attention MR PETE and PAULANDFRAN? This isn't about burgers and how much "free stuff" you can shove into your face. The key word in the OP's initial post (that means the very first post PAULANDFRAN) is OPTIONS. We are discussing what other food "Options" would you like to see onboard.

Pay attention.

I you wish to pay for something you already get for free, which is fresh, made to order, by all means choose that option. In fact, give a $5 to the man behind the counter if it makes you feel good.

On Carnival, I can also get FREE hard ice cream, on sea days, with all the fixin's, for FREE. They also have the soft stuff 24/7, as well as soft frozen yogurt. Again, if you wish to pay for something you get for free, give that guy $5 as well.

You still with me? On RCCL, you can ONLY get hard ice cream by paying for it at the Ben and Jerry stand. The soft stuff upstairs is ONLY frozen yogurt.

Oh look. The thread is called Five Guys. WHat was I thinking?

Now, if someone wants to talk about OPTIONS for things currently not offered, and are introduced as an extra value added "luxury", I'll be more than happy to discuss that, IF I CHOOSE TO.

People have to remember when posting their options that the ones you post may not be in other people's States! I never heard of In and Out for example but have heard of Five Guys! I for one like the Taste of Nations which is on most ships i believe so i don't want anymore options.

Honey, if I weren't cheap I wouldn't be sailing Carnival! :D

I know. That seems to be the underlying draw to Carnival. It's great to have choices in cruise lines. Although it sounds like a lot of people here disagree with offering more choices if they cost extra. "Just provide what you will for free, I don't care about the wants of others."

...Now, if someone wants to talk about OPTIONS for things currently not offered, and are introduced as an extra value added "luxury", I'll be more than happy to discuss that, IF I CHOOSE TO.

How about the steakhouse option? I can order steak in the MDR, why provide an alternate place for steak that costs extra? Would you CHOOSE to enlighten us with your opinion on this option?

Archived