Carnival Cruise Line and Five Guys!!!

westwingjazz

I'm not a big nightclub person either. But it's fun to have a few drinks and dance. I do have to toss my clothes in a plastic bag though and take a shower and wash my hair as soon as I get back to my cabin to get the smoke smell out.

If you saw me dance you would think you were at a comedy show! Sorry to the OP for getting off subject. I learned how to avoid the fools....kind like if someone on the road yells and beeps at me i just throw them a big smile...i just don't care .....it really is all about me and my friends!

If you saw me dance you would think you were at a comedy show!

See... that's half the fun of it. No one's judging you so you can kick back and let loose. I take that back, there's always a judgmental few but who cares!

Yea, right back on topic about bowling allies. I mean burgers. Or was it free food?

Central Grocery served football shaped muffulettas Superbowl weekend (or maybe I got lucky)! Not for people who don't like olives!

P1110401.JPG

This is something I'd like to see on a Carnival cruise ship. I would still hope there'd be no extra charge though.

Can you order things like omelets, bacon, pancakes and waffles from room service? Even so... not a big fan of eating in my bedroom.

On some cruiselines you can, on Carnival NO. Carnival's breakfast choices are pastries, cereals fruits, juices, and coffee/tea. The rest of the day it is sandwiches and sweets.

It would be helpful if those of you that don't understand the concept of this thread avoid taking up space that could be used by those of us that do. Are you paying attention MR PETE and PAULANDFRAN? This isn't about burgers and how much "free stuff" you can shove into your face. The key words in the OP's initial post (that means the very first post PAULANDFRAN) are DINING OPTIONS. We are discussing what other food "Options" would you like to see onboard.

LOL! Somehow some are stuck on hamburgers:D The op threw out 5 guys and asked for other options.....People have already mentioned other options that Carnival doesn't offer.........but........it flew by a few heads.....

That's ok......we went thru this same arugument with "your time dining" some people can't stand change.....they need structure......oh how they were against it....even though we kept telling them it was an OPTION:D

Walla! Now we have "your time dining" as an option.....and everyone is fine with it.......

LOL! Somehow some are stuck on hamburgers:D The op threw out 5 guys and asked for other options.....People have already mentioned other options that Carnival doesn't offer.........but........it flew by a few heads.....

That's ok......we went thru this same arugument with "your time dining" some people can't stand change.....they need structure......oh how they were against it....even though we kept telling them it was an OPTION:D

Walla! Now we have "your time dining" as an option.....and everyone is fine with it.......

Exactly, like the muffaletta I mentioned. Doesn't it look delicious?

If they want to add optional profit centers and avoid more cutbacks I'm all for that. 5 Guys, NO I can be at one in 15 minutes, or less. The Steakhouse, I have to travel over a hour, close to 2 to get the same quality steak here on land, so I'll do that on the ship.

Tepanyaki restaurant? half hour away tops. Johnny Rockets? overpriced mediocre burger joint. Not interested.

If they did a Micky D's on Carnival I would probably avoid Carnival from then on as that disease would surely spread to all the food on board. But something unusual that I cannot readily get on land, OK, and it is an option not anything I have to do. And all of the things above that aren't for me, might be the berries for someone else.

If they want to add optional profit centers and avoid more cutbacks I'm all for that. 5 Guys, NO I can be at one in 15 minutes, or less. The Steakhouse, I have to travel over a hour, close to 2 to get the same quality steak here on land, so I'll do that on the ship.

Tepanyaki restaurant? half hour away tops. Johnny Rockets? overpriced mediocre burger joint. Not interested.

If they did a Micky D's on Carnival I would probably avoid Carnival from then on as that disease would surely spread to all the food on board. But something unusual that I cannot readily get on land, OK, and it is an option not anything I have to do. And all of the things above that aren't for me, might be the berries for someone else.

Yes exactly! Everyone has their own personal preference.....if there was an option I didn't like........I would pass.......

People pay $30 for the steakhouse.......why not just eat a steak in the MDR:confused:

Because it's not nearly the same. Steakhouse steaks are about 2" thick and soooo much better. There's no comparison really.

Good point, I mean GREAT point!

RCCL has partnered with Johnny Rockets in order to provide guests with an alternative option.

Who would you suggest CCL partner with in order to provide an alternative dining option?

I will go first....I would love to see CCL partner with Five Guys as a dining option.

Your turn, suggest two or three....

1. Chic-fil-A

2. Five Guys

3. Bobby Flay's Burger Palace

You know you guys...another example of great partnerships is when RCCL partnered with Dreamworks, Carnival could use great ideas. It is the ultimate fun ship. I just wish they would have a focus group before implementing some things. Do you guys agree?

Exactly. For reasons that escape me, there seems to be a section of this board who is incapable of believing that someone else might like something they don't. Personally, I don't care for wine, but I'm okay with CCL having a wine list because I know there are other people who like it. I don't care for high French cuisine, but others do and would see having a true French experience as a possible profit center, as would offering something in the line of molecular gastronomy. I personally don't care for most chain restaurants and believe CCL can do anything a train -- even a high-level chain -- just as well if not better and not give up a licensing fee to do it.

You know you guys...another example of great partnerships is when RCCL partnered with Dreamworks, Carnival could use great ideas. It is the ultimate fun ship. I just wish they would have a focus group before implementing some things. Do you guys agree?

The only animation studio worth partnering with is Pixar, and Disney has them lock-stock-and-barrel. (Opinion, not a statement of fact.)

People pay $30 for the steakhouse.......why not just eat a steak in the MDR:confused:

The steak in the MDR is NOT Prime. It IS smaller and thinner. It is NOT cooked to order on a much smaller scale than in the Steakhouse. And I CANNOT match the price for that quality meat on land. I am a beef lover, the ONLY beef I eat on Carnival, other than the Steakhouse, is the "prime rib," which is a cut, not a quality. On RCL I do not eat beef at all, it is awful. "Chops" included. But I don't go hungry on either line.

I appreciate the tips on the beef Dan 40...hate bad beef...and I can pick out the best steak...in the bunch.

This thread is hilareous. Where is 5 Guys in the vote? I guess there is one in NW Montana..not here...but headed there..not sure if in town I go through but will keep my eyes peeled..smiles.

Well..I guess Johnney Rockets is no big deal..thought it was good...I have not seen most of these fast food places..but I really do not need them on my getting healthy regime ...only to eat whatever I want on my Oct. cruise...better go take a walk.

I still am amazed by the people who take a cruise and then eat hamburgers! Definitely lower on my list of things to eat while on board, than even pizza. Certainly would never pay a surcharge to eat a burger on board. Now if Bobby Flay partnered with Carnival, that would be another story altogether!

I still am amazed by the people who take a cruise and then eat hamburgers! Definitely lower on my list of things to eat while on board, than even pizza. Certainly would never pay a surcharge to eat a burger on board. Now if Bobby Flay partnered with Carnival, that would be another story altogether!

Why are you amazed? It's a casual atmosphere and it's casual food.

And the burger they serve in the MDR for lunch on sea days is better than the burger I had at Mesa Grill.

I would think because they like hamburgers........I know I love their fries.......

Exactly. For reasons that escape me, there seems to be a section of this board who is incapable of believing that someone else might like something they don't. Personally, I don't care for wine, but I'm okay with CCL having a wine list because I know there are other people who like it. I don't care for high French cuisine, but others do and would see having a true French experience as a possible profit center, as would offering something in the line of molecular gastronomy. I personally don't care for most chain restaurants and believe CCL can do anything a train -- even a high-level chain -- just as well if not better and not give up a licensing fee to do it.

Wine is just salad vinegar in apprenticeship!!:D:D:eek::eek:

Archived