Carnival Cruise Line and Five Guys!!!

westwingjazz

[quote name='paulandfran']I can see paying for the steakhouse experience. Not only do you get a better cut of meat but the whole finer dining experience and atmosphere. JMO I don't find Johnny Rockets or 5 Guys worth paying extra over the burgers on the Lido. But to each his/her own.[/quote]

Johnny Rockets has entertainment too.....a really fun upbeat atmosphere.............but this is not about paying extra for a burger......the op wanted some ideas of other types of food places......not just burgers;)

[B]Johnny Rockets is one of the reasons i won't go on RCCL. Like you have said i can eat this stuff at home....lets leave cruise business to the professionals....they have a sucsessful business so far i would say! But so not to upset the OP i do like Five Guys Burgers n Fries![/B]

[quote name='Kurbanfan']Johnny Rockets has entertainment too.....a really fun upbeat atmosphere.............but this is not about paying extra for a burger......the op wanted some ideas of other types of food places......not just burgers;)[/quote]
[B]Ok other ideas? How about Toby Keiths I Love This Bar and Grill! Love that place :)[/B]

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B][COLOR=red]Johnny Rockets is one of the reasons i won't go on RCCL[/COLOR]. Like you have said i can eat this stuff at home....lets leave cruise business to the professionals....they have a sucsessful business so far i would say! But so not to upset the OP i do like Five Guys Burgers n Fries![/B][/quote]

That is the silliest thing I ever heard.......you don't have to dine there.......heck you don't even have to walk by it.........good lord:rolleyes:

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Johnny Rockets is one of the reasons i won't go on RCCL. Like you have said i can eat this stuff at home....lets leave cruise business to the professionals....they have a sucsessful business so far i would say! But so not to upset the OP i do like Five Guys Burgers n Fries![/B][/quote]
So because JR is onboard some RCI ships, that is one reason to not sail with them ??? Wow... talk about a silly reason and truely hope there is more rationale to that decision of saying no to RCI !

[quote name='travelntreats']So because JR is onboard some RCI ships, that is one reason to not sail with them ??? Wow... talk about a silly reason and truely hope there is more rationale to that decision of saying no to RCI ![/quote]
[B]Oh yes the bowling alleys....rock climbing walls....and the reviews![/B][B]But mainly the price for something no better then Carnival.[/B]

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Johnny Rockets is one of the reasons i won't go on RCCL. Like you have said i can eat this stuff at home....lets leave cruise business to the professionals....they have a sucsessful business so far i would say! But so not to upset the OP i do like Five Guys Burgers n Fries![/B][/quote]

And you can go to the beach at home too, Bruce. So why exactly do you go on cruises then?

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Invite me down when its ready and we can throw back a few;) They have Toby's Fried Bologna Sandwishes! Beer in a huge mason jar...love it![/B][/quote]

I have stayed at Harris in Vegas several times and never seemed to stop by the restaurant........always end up at Margaritaville......so yeah I will have to go check this one out:D

How about a legit craft brew type pub?

I'm not talking about a smoke filled sports pub where you can get you're bud light in a glass. I'm talking about a nice pub style venue that serves fine and craft/microbrew beers and cider. Would anyone other than me be into this?? Obviously this wouldn't have to be a chain or franchise or anything, so it mightbe off topic, but still seems like it might fly.

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Oh yes the bowling alleys....rock climbing walls....and the reviews![/B][B]But mainly the price for something no better then Carnival.[/B][/quote]

Alot of people on here said they would quit Carnival if they implemented "your time dining"........that was until they found out it was an OPTION...

[quote name='LemurCat']And you can go to the beach at home too, Bruce. So why exactly do you go on cruises then?[/quote]
[B]My beaches are not as nice as yours. I haven't been in the ocean here since probably 1975. I cruise to get away from the stuff i see day after day...including but not limited to bowling alleys...rock climbing walls and Five Guys....even thought i have done all the above![/B]

I'll play! How about a Melting Pot Restaurant or an Beni Hanas? I have to admidt though, that food is not at the top of my list, I would be on cloud 9 if they put a Starbucks in :D whoever suggested the Cinnabon shop should be sued :eek: there is NO WAY I could stand the temptation of Cinnabons being readily available, none of my clothes would fit by the end of the cruise, as far as splurging is concerned, there is nothing better than ooey gooey cinnamon goodness!

[quote name='Kurbanfan']I have stayed at Harris in Vegas several times and never seemed to stop by the restaurant........always end up at Margaritaville......so yeah I will have to go check this one out:D[/quote]
[B]Was that you at Margaritaville i saw sliding into that big Margarita glass:D[/B]

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]My beaches are not as nice as yours.[/quote][/B]

I'm not laughing at you, just point out that my beaches are your beaches too. You're like a hop-skip-and-a-jump down the GSP.

[B][quote] I haven't been in the ocean here since probably 1975. I cruise to get away from the stuff i see day after day...including but not limited to bowling alleys...rock climbing walls and Five Guys....even thought i have done all the above![/B][/quote]

Well, not everyone is you, and there are people who do enjoy those things. You might hurt their feelings. Some people like to see the same stuff. It reassures them. They are usually the people going to McDonald's and KFC on the islands. And how is that any different then going to Margarittaville or Senor Frog's or Carlos-n-Charlie's while on a cruise? They're all chains restaurants, offering cookie-cutter food in cookie-cutter settings.

Yes, I agree that it would be only an alternative and those who don't want it don't need to use it; however, that option will take up space on the ship which could be used for other things.

There is also the thought that they may follow in Royal's footsteps. You have the standard ones offered at the buffet/MDR but in order to get a "decent" one you have to pay for it.

[quote name='westwingjazz']RCCL has partnered with Johnny Rockets in order to provide guests with an alternative option.

Who would you suggest CCL partner with in order to provide an alternative dining option?

I will go first....I would love to see CCL partner with Five Guys as a dining option.

Your turn, suggest two or three....[/quote]

Cost of Five Guys burger = $5.
Cost of Carnival burger = $0.
Until you can get Five Guys to come cook it, I say the Carnival burger is fine with me. And it's not much different from Five Guys. I'm taking a pass on this one.

But you might get me to talk about Five Guys' fries (peanut oil makes a big difference!) :)

[quote name='elcuchio24']How about a legit craft brew type pub?

I'm not talking about a smoke filled sports pub where you can get you're bud light in a glass. I'm talking about a nice pub style venue that serves fine and craft/microbrew beers and cider. Would anyone other than me be into this?? Obviously this wouldn't have to be a chain or franchise or anything, so it mightbe off topic, but still seems like it might fly.[/quote]

Me! Me! Me!

Archived