Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

The stateroom bar setup is one bottle of liquor and 6 cans of soda/mix. The Classic is $80 and the Premium is $100. If you want another bottle you have to buy another setup.

So, would that be a 750 ml bottle? Going on the Equinox on 2/28/11. Hubby is the drinker, not me.

Thanks for a reply.

GG

:mad:So, does that mean Celebrity charges $100 dollars for a bottle of, let's say, Grey Goose and 6 cans of soda/pop for $100? Does that make sense to anyone?

You can't drink it in any of the bars, shows, restaurants...just your room.

Something seems wrong with that picture.

The stateroom bar setup is one bottle of liquor and 6 cans of soda/mix. The Classic is $80 and the Premium is $100. If you want another bottle you have to buy another setup.

:mad:So, does that mean Celebrity charges $100 dollars for a bottle of, let's say, Grey Goose and 6 cans of soda/pop for $100? Does that make sense to anyone?

You can't drink it in any of the bars, shows, restaurants...just your room.

Something seems wrong with that picture.

That's right. Grey Goose would be in the Premium setup and it would cost $100 and it is for consumption in the cabin only. Does it make sense? Only if it's worth it to an individual to be able to make drinks in the cabin. I once bought the classic stateroom setup as a birthday gift. Was it a good value? No... but it was a good gift. :)

Sorry' date=' I don't have time to read back the 650 or so posts. :o

Can you tell me what the price is for a 8 day cruise for the premium and classic package.

Thanks![/quote']

Classic - $39 per night + 15% service charge

Premium - $49 per night + 15% servince charge

Classic NON-alcohol package - $13 per night + 15% service charge

Premium NON-alcohol package - $16 per night + 15% service charge

The service charge is paid on the total of the package at the time of purchase.

Classic - $39 per night + 15% service charge

Premium - $49 per night + 15% servince charge

Classic NON-alcohol package - $13 per night + 15% service charge

Premium NON-alcohol package - $16 per night + 15% service charge

The service charge is paid on the total of the package at the time of purchase.

Thanks!

So that would be about $395. for a seven day cruise for the premium package and around $320 for the classic.

I'm weighing the options of the beverage plans. This is our first cruise and I'm torn. We have done so many all-inclusive resort that this is all new to us! I believe I've read that the beverage plans don't include room service. This is what seems to be throwing me - so if we're in a concierge class cabin, and have afternoon hors d'ouvres, I can't even order a diet soda if I have the non-alcohol package? I would have to pay extra for that drink? But I would assume that on the way back to our cabin I could stop and pick up a drink for the room right? Same if we had the premium alcohol package - no room service on the drinks?

Also, I've read on other cruise lines you can bring aboard bottled water or soda - I haven't seen anything here mentioned about allowing that, or not. Only mentioning wine. Can water or soda be brought aboard?

Thank you so much!

Just back from a 14 day cruise. Both my DH and I had a premium package. We had prepaid it before the cruise. We vas very satisfied with it! Very easy, no papers to sign, and no big bar bill to pay after the cruise....

Did we drink so much that it covered the cost? I don't know actually - but as said before - it counts up very fast... A beer to the lunch, two beers/drinks in the afternoon, a drink before dinner, two glasses of wine at dinner, a drink or two at the night club. Water for the excursions, a smoothie now and then. It really adds....

If (when) we cruise again we will by the package again for sure!

/s

Thanks for all your posts in regard to the drink packages. To summarize my feelings about the packages, I didn't want to be worrying about cost for every drink my wife and I order. This way, we can order as we like even if on any given day we do or do not reach the break even point and in the event we don't actually break even I will be satisfied that it was something that was worth the price. In fact, I actually pre-purchased our packages (premium) today. Only 65 days left to the cruise and I will post my after cruise feelings upon my return home.

I am a Platinum RCL going on Solstice in two weeks, I was surprised that the menu on this thread seems to say they are charging for hot tea and orange juice in the Buffet and MDR. I am reading this correctly?

On RCL, teas were always free 24/7 and OJ in the buffet was free.

I'm a bit confused... :confused: If I like smoothies and sparkling water, but regular beer, 8$ wine glass are enough for me... do I still have to pay for the Premium alcohol package, or would the classic alcohol package cover everything I need?

I am a Platinum RCL going on Solstice in two weeks, I was surprised that the menu on this thread seems to say they are charging for hot tea and orange juice in the Buffet and MDR. I am reading this correctly?

On RCL, teas were always free 24/7 and OJ in the buffet was free.

fresh squeezed OJ is a charge on all cruise lines. Also super specialty teas are a charge on all cruise lines.

Oj from the tap and standard teas are no charge.

I'm a bit confused... :confused: If I like smoothies and sparkling water, but regular beer, 8$ wine glass are enough for me... do I still have to pay for the Premium alcohol package, or would the classic alcohol package cover everything I need?

Look at the celebrity website to make your final decision as some of what you want is in the premium package.

Just back from Eclipse cruise. Had premium package. You can use it in both main dining and specialty restaurants. My DH and I decided that while we didn't get our money's worth every day, the convenience made it worthwhile. Plus, I would never have tried all those delicious martinis if we hadn't had the package!

Just back from Eclipse cruise. Had premium package. You can use it in both main dining and specialty restaurants. My DH and I decided that while we didn't get our money's worth every day, the convenience made it worthwhile. Plus, I would never have tried all those delicious martinis if we hadn't had the package!

That's why I'm leaning towards the package.

After trying all those scrumptious martinis, I'll probably be leaning myself. :o..:D

I read a couple of posts where people with the drink packages seemed to think the servers avoided them, probably to limit the drink damages to Celebrity. Anybody got any comments about being treated differently because you had a drink package? Most of the bad comments seem to be in the MDR.

We were neveer treated any differently at any of the bars. Since you must pay for each drink or group of drinks as you go, there is no tab running. We never ate in the MDR, always specialty or BLU. As a matter of fact, in BLU we would be given refills before glass was empty, and since the wine sommelier pored the wine, any after dinner drinks were brought and billed by the waiter, so often we had wine and a cocktail at same time. We also always got a wine to take to the rest.

I would think in the MDR the pace is so hectic that the waiters would prefer to have bottle service because it saves them a lot of time.

Hope this helps.

Sorry we were on the Equinox. (and if on a Solstice class ship do not be intimidated by the Cellar Masters BAr) We think people bypassed it becuase they were afraid to show their lack of knowledge about wine at such a high end place. It looked high end but was not really at all, which was great becasue it was never crowded.

We received excellent bar service everywhere -- in MDR, in specialty restaurants, in Oceanview Cafe, the coffee bar and all other bars. No complaints whatsoever about service. As a matter of fact, I thought the staff was excellent in all areas.

Help, have read lots on this thread, and now have a headache!

Off on Eclipse in May, can anybody help with a couple of queries, really can't face looking through 673 replies LOL.

We are thinking of buying a 'Classic Non-Alcoholic Package' , if we do can you get 'latte' coffee from Café Al Bacio in the cardboard cups with lids and take them to your stateroom?

And does the package include includes non-alcoholic beverages, i.e. Strawberry Banana Soda, Peach Sangria and similar. The website is a bit sparse as to what you can actually have on the deal!

Richard