How often do they change shows ???

sweetlouise

does anyone know how often they change shows? Or do the shows just rotate around to different ships??

We just got off the Liberty 2 weeks ago and I was kind of disappointed (although I still loved the shows!) that 3 of the shows were the same as we saw on the Pride 2 years ago. I could understand if we were cruising within the same year, but TWO years later it's the same shows? Carnival Legends (they could at least change the stars), Just Rock, and Wonderful World.

The shows only change when the ship goes into drydock. At least, that's what one of the dancers told us the last time we were on a CCL cruise, but I'm pretty sure it holds true for most if not all cruise lines.

The reason being that it takes a lot of time and money to change the lighting and sets and all of that for the shows.

The shows only change when the ship goes into drydock. At least, that's what one of the dancers told us the last time we were on a CCL cruise, but I'm pretty sure it holds true for most if not all cruise lines.

The reason being that it takes a lot of time and money to change the lighting and sets and all of that for the shows.

Sorry, but that doesnt make any sense. As I said Im still seeing the country show on Ecstasy I saw 4 years ago....Ecstasy for sure has been in dry dock last year, plus a ship goes into dry dock every 3 years approx... and shows dont change that often.

Sorry, but I also dont think they change them during dry dock on other cruiselines.

PS one of the shows on Ecstasy has changed since I saw it in January. I was on in July. The computer mouse show whatever it was called is gone.... so it changed this year, not during dry dock.

Sorry, but that doesnt make any sense. As I said Im still seeing the country show on Ecstasy I saw 4 years ago....Ecstasy for sure has been in dry dock last year, plus a ship goes into dry dock every 3 years approx... and shows dont change that often.

Sorry, but I also dont think they change them during dry dock on other cruiselines.

I think drydock would be the only time they could change the sets.

I think the Ecstasy did not chane the shows the last time it went into drydock because CD Steve Cassel has a big part in the Xtreme County show.

Really? I didn't know that some shows would run that long. I remember the dancer said something to that effect. Maybe this would be a good question for Host Mach.

To me it doesn't make sense to have the same shows over and over. Of course if it costs $1 million plus to do, then maybe they want to make it last as long as possible.

I think the Ecstasy did not chane the shows the last time it went into drydock because CD Steve Cassel has a big part in the Xtreme County show.

Perhaps it's like every other drydock?

then how do you explain the other show on Ecstasy changing between last January and July??? When it dry docked last Sept?

I cant see them changing out shows every 3 years.... I havent heard it happens that soon in between.

I can definitely use a change in shows. While I love "Ticket to Ride", I have seen it 4x (2 different ships). Same with a few other shows. And they definitely run the shows at least 5 years, (on some ships) and thru some drydocks. Our first CCL cruise was in 2005 on Liberty. Was on Liberty again this past Feb. - almost 5 years later- and the shows were the same! And Liberty had been thru a (I think) recent drydock.

I don't doubt that they change the shows when the ship is in dry dock, but not EVERY TIME the ship is in dry dock. I have no doubt that the shows will go on for at least 5 years, and perhaps even longer. Not only do they have to swap out all the sets, but the line is paying royalties on all the music used in the show as well. That's also one of the reasons that they haven't changed the "Legends" or the music in the "Legends Show". Too expensive!

"SKY"

I have been told by people in the entertainment department (technical directors, lead stage techs, lead lighting and sound techs) the the cost for switching up a show is over $3 million. That is just the cost of installing the sets, reprogramming the technical system and making changes as needed in the backstage rigging. It does not include the cost of sets, clothing, royalties, and rehearsals.

Yes, when shows do change, it is done at drydock time. No, it does not happen each drydock.

Drydocking is done for the required hull and mechanical inspections. The updating of facilities is done at that time as the ship is already out of service, so they can kill two birds with one stone.

Doc

Id say 5 years?? Im still seeing shows on Ecstasy I saw in 2006.

Same here, we saw those in 2007 & 2010. Here is the true question, will Triumph have differents shows or will Extreme Country be part of her playlist.

Archived