AA Miles

Got2Cruise

Is there any other uses for AA miles? We don't travel often, only one vacation a year, and it seems our AA miles always expire before we have enough to cash in. At one time there was a link to donate to the military and another time I think I received a magazine subscription. I would rather donate than have my miles expire, any ideas?

AA Citibank credit/debit card-not only do you accumulate miles with each purchase (and there are very often bonus miles offers for dining, flowers, shopping), but each time you make a purchase and add even a couple of miles, the expiration date extends.

We don't travel often, only one vacation a year

Same here. But we haven't paid for airfare for our last 6 or 7 trips - next up, Fiji. Use our AA cc for everything - including auto pay each month on some utilities. Miles will never expire... :) In fact, I just got an email from them a few weeks back with a new toolbar you can download. Will automatically pop up a window if you visit a website where you can earn miles.

Check the program's Web pages for a full list of what you can use the miles for, ranging from rental cars, to restaurants to hotels. If in doubt, call the program. And the idea of donating some (if not all) to charity is a nice idea. There are several programs, including some to fly children and families to hospitals for medical care, to programs to soldiers and their families. Not sure about tax deduction for this.

Archived