Royal Caribbean and military discount.

I'm at work in the ER today, and hopefully will have time to call RCCL myself, but if not, I have a quick question and I'd really love to get an answer in less than 12 hours from now.

A cruise I'm considering now has a military special price. My husband is retired military with full benefits. I also have a spouse card.

We're looking to book two rooms on this cruise. One for my husband and myself. A second for our teens. Would the discount be available for both rooms?

Thanks so much for a reply!

In my past experience, Royal Caribbean has only allowed one cabin to be eligible for the military rate (the cabin the eligible passenger is in). I believe the only acceptable forms of proof are a DD214 or a retired military ID and not a spouse card.

From what I know is YES. You and one kid in a room and your DH and other kid in the second room. I also think that for your kids to have a room by them self one has to be 21 unless the cabin are connected. Hope this helps.

Just read the other post. My mom had a ID card and can get the discount. My dad was in the Air Force not her but she still gets the discount. Two ID's in two rooms two discounts I'm almost sure of. Best bet is to call.

Based on these rules (copied from RCL's site), I don't think you can get a second room on your spouse card. Paragraph 4 limits spouse benefits to those who are married to an actively deployed or deceased military person.

But it can't hurt to try to split the children and have one of each of you in the cabin. All they can say is no.

To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

1. Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.

2. Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.

3. Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.

4. Spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. All other guests traveling in the same stateroom are also eligible for the military rate. Spouse must present the PINK Dependent Military ID upon check-in as proof of eligibility.

The only way a spouse can get the discount is IF the military person is actively deployed or deceased.

My husband is a retired naval officer and I am not eligible for the military discount on my own, or if I booked a second room on the same sailing.

Archived