New on Room Service menu

stoneharborlady

Who has a microwave??

Don't you pack your liquor in one so that it gets past security?

The microwave is already in the cabin. They are usually small and don't have a window' date=' so you can't watch what you are heating up. Nonetheless, just key in a small amount of time on the key pad and if it still is not hot enough, repeat.

Here is the microwave that was in my cabin on the CB ...

[img']http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/Caribbean%20Princess/IMG_0689.jpg[/img]

Oh Cruizer2 that put a smile on my face...Thanks!! gotta hand it to princess for providing multi-purposed equipment in the cabins!

As for the whole room service issue... can't help out the OP but I have ordered things from RS that is not on the menu(PB&J sandwiches among other things) and the Horizon Court will gladly give you PB if you just ask for it=) I, too, am interested in the taste of the lasagna on the RS menu.

Anyone ordered the new lasagna offering from room service?? Would love to know if it is red sauce, or cream sauce.

I make a point of never ordering lasagne in any restaurant that spells it lasagna. I figure if they can't spell it, there's little chance thay can cook it well. :D Drives my DW to distraction

Red sauce and it was wonderful. (unless you are Italian and then its called "gravy"...or at least that's what my grandmother always called it)

Is the room service menu lasagna red or white

Oh, my. Sauce or ragu is put on pasta. Gravy doesn't exist in Italy and only appears in the homes of Americans of southern Italian descent living in NY, NJ, or CT. :D Just had this very discussion in a restaurantin NJ owned by a man from Calabria who confirms this. I know this has nothing to do with cruising, but my DW is in Istanbul and I have nothing better to do.:p

I make a point of never ordering lasagne in any restaurant that spells it lasagna. I figure if they can't spell it, there's little chance thay can cook it well. :D Drives my DW to distraction

Sorry to offend with my spelling, but the lasagna noodles I buy in my grocery store (San Giorgio) spells it lasagna, and so does my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. That will do for me. Actually, I am more interested in eating it, than spelling it. :)

Oh, my. Sauce or ragu is put on pasta. Gravy doesn't exist in Italy and only appears in the homes of Americans of southern Italian descent living in NY, NJ, or CT. :D Just had this very discussion in a restaurantin NJ owned by a man from Calabria who confirms this. I know this has nothing to do with cruising, but my DW is in Istanbul and I have nothing better to do.:p

My grandmother was born and raised in southern Italy and spoken broken English. She always called red sauce "gravy" ...not to be confused with the gravy from meat. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in Chicago and red sauce was called "gravy" as I was growing up. Now a days, most people might have difficulty remembering those days.

There was a cute story in the local paper a few days ago about a man who went into a restaurant and asked for extra "gravy" on his pasta...and got brown beef gravy on his pasta.

For those who may be interested:

Below are some examples of what's offered on the complimentary Room Service Menu. Please note that Coffee, Iced Tea and Milk are available 24 hours a day.

Sandwiches (served with your choice of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw).

• Club House
  • Roast Beef
  • Roast Turkey Breast
  • Tuna Salad
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Vegetarian

Soups and Salads

• Soup of the Day with Saltine Crackers
  • Assorted Mixed Garden Greens
  • Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips
  • Chef's Salad

Hot Dishes

• Beef Chili with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips
  • Baked Italian Lasagna
  • Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

From the Pastry Shop

• Caramel Flan
  • Chocolate Fudge Cake
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie

Not to argue, (HONEST) but I looked online, and there are twenty million spellings for lasagna, all with an a. Spelling it with an "e", is that supposed to be an italian spelling of the word? Just curious, as it wont even come up with an e spelling online.

it's lasagne in italy because it's the plural spelling and lasagna would be singlular like referring to the one noodle sheet so they don't really use that when talking about the dish OVER THERE :) there are so many dialects though so even that may not be true. It really doesn't matter because everyone knows what you mean and it's a common american spelling which is accepted-not sure why someone would pick that apart.

i'm waiting for the argument on recipes too because it's made differently all over...i think i may have even seen italian americans making "gravy" in philly so looks like they crept out of the tri-state area ;)

Funny how "sauce" is now an italian word too-Bosox, why do i get the feeling if someone orders bruschetta over here you are the first to correct their pronunciation :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, glad they added a few new items to the menu!

For those who may be interested:

Below are some examples of what's offered on the complimentary Room Service Menu. Please note that Coffee, Iced Tea and Milk are available 24 hours a day.

Sandwiches (served with your choice of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw).

• Club House
  • Roast Beef
  • Roast Turkey Breast
  • Tuna Salad
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Vegetarian

Soups and Salads

• Soup of the Day with Saltine Crackers
  • Assorted Mixed Garden Greens
  • Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips
  • Chef's Salad

Hot Dishes

• Beef Chili with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips
  • Baked Italian Lasagna
  • Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

From the Pastry Shop

• Caramel Flan
  • Chocolate Fudge Cake
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie

Thank you for posting the new menu. So it looks like the Lasagna, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich, and the Chili are the new additions. Correct? :confused:

Agreed! It's sauce or ragu in my house too! I'm Italian-American (Calabria, Naples and Abbruzzi) and my grandparents would be horrified to hear it called gravy.

Not to argue, (HONEST) but I looked online, and there are twenty million spellings for lasagna, all with an a. Spelling it with an "e", is that supposed to be an italian spelling of the word? Just curious, as it wont even come up with an e spelling online.

I should have known better,and I really didn't mean to cause a stir.

It's merely the difference between the singular and plural. LasagnA is a single piece; lasagnE is two or more. It's difficult to make lasagne with only one piece of pasta, hence my lighthearted comment. PaninnO/paninnI poses a similar problem, as would spaghettO, instead of spaghettI. :p

Funny how "sauce" is now an italian word too-Bosox, why do i get the feeling if someone orders bruschetta over here you are the first to correct their pronunciation :rolleyes:

!

Maybe I would. How do they pronounce "bruschetta"?:rolleyes: I peppered my comments with smilies, Jennifer, but since you mention it, I don't expect average Americans to be knowledgeable about foreign languages, but I do expect the people who make their livings manufacturing or preparing a product to know the correct spelling or pronunciation of that they are pushing. With all the Italians working on Princess ships, is that unreasonable?:confused:

Maybe I would. How do they pronounce "bruschetta"?:rolleyes: I peppered my comments with smilies, Jennifer, but since you mention it, I don't expect average Americans to be knowledgeable about foreign languages, but I do expect the people who make their livings manufacturing or preparing a product to know the correct spelling or pronunciation of that they are pushing. With all the Italians working on Princess ships, is that unreasonable?:confused:

It's all good, don't mean to sound too sarcastic...i've had some bad lasagne too so i'm a little more concerned with taste than spelling. There are a lot of words that can be a little different outside of italy but are still accepted and maybe more recognized by americans...panini is one you brought up and people always order a cannoli instead of a cannolo and call them cannolis--totally fine in brooklyn and they are still pretty good for being outside of palermo :)

the number of italians on princess is so much less than the old days that i doubt an italian would be making that lasagne anyway :(

ora ho fame ...buona notte e buon appetito a tutti!

Agreed! It's sauce or ragu in my house too! I'm Italian-American (Calabria, Naples and Abbruzzi) and my grandparents would be horrified to hear it called gravy.

In our Northern Italian home we always call it sugo. :) Who cares what you call it as long as it is good and you have plenty for all.

Archived