New on Room Service menu

stoneharborlady

In our Northern Italian home we always call it sugo. :) Who cares what you call it as long as it is good and you have plenty for all.

exactly! and isn't it just salsa if it is only pomodoro? i am not italian and that always confuses me :)

that chili may be dangerous if i order it at 2am after the disco :D

In our Northern Italian home we always call it sugo. :) Who cares what you call it as long as it is good and you have plenty for all.

In our Northern Italian home with origins just south of Cortina d'Ampezzo, we ate more gnocchi, rice and especially polenta than we did paste (sorry, I couldn't resist:D). I guess it depends on where Northern Italy begins, but that's for another day and a different board.;)

Great. We've gone from red sauce/cream sauce to how people in Italy spell lasagna/lasagne and now we seem to be moving toward learning the geographical difference between Northern Italy and the rest of Italy.

Personally the only reason I am following this thread is curiosity. I am curious to see where this thread heads next.

what other changes are there to the room service menu? Is it just lasagna? Would love to see hot breakfast, but for now I tip the hubby and he heads up to Horizon Court and serves it to me, trust me I tip him again later :p

that earned an LOL.....too funny!!

OK, color me a "Newbie" but on my 1st cruise this past July, I never saw a room service menu on the Golden Princess. Where is it? Was it in or near the microwave?

I wanted to order from room service but had absolutely no idea what there was to order! So I booked down to the HC or the IC...LOL! Oh well, I guess I burned a few calories in the process!

I will be going on my next cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Sapphire in March. I want to order room service!!! LOL

For those who may be interested:

Below are some examples of what's offered on the complimentary Room Service Menu. Please note that Coffee, Iced Tea and Milk are available 24 hours a day.

Sandwiches (served with your choice of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw).

• Club House
  • Roast Beef
  • Roast Turkey Breast
  • Tuna Salad
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Vegetarian

Soups and Salads

• Soup of the Day with Saltine Crackers
  • Assorted Mixed Garden Greens
  • Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips
  • Chef's Salad

Hot Dishes

• Beef Chili with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips
  • Baked Italian Lasagna
  • Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

From the Pastry Shop

• Caramel Flan
  • Chocolate Fudge Cake
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie

Thanks so much for posting...I'm not sure how I missed this, but I did! Now I'll know what I can order. But where is this little jewel hidden in the room? I tell ya I read every piece of paper I could get my grubby little paws on while I was in the room because it was my first cruise and I didn't want to miss a thing!

Thanks so much for posting...I'm not sure how I missed this, but I did! Now I'll know what I can order. But where is this little jewel hidden in the room? I tell ya I read every piece of paper I could get my grubby little paws on while I was in the room because it was my first cruise and I didn't want to miss a thing!

Should be in the little blue book in your room that lists various onboard services.

For those who may be interested:

Below are some examples of what's offered on the complimentary Room Service Menu. Please note that Coffee, Iced Tea and Milk are available 24 hours a day.

Sandwiches (served with your choice of french fries, potato chips or coleslaw).

• Club House
  • Roast Beef
  • Roast Turkey Breast
  • Tuna Salad
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Vegetarian

Soups and Salads

• Soup of the Day with Saltine Crackers
  • Assorted Mixed Garden Greens
  • Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips
  • Chef's Salad

Hot Dishes

• Beef Chili with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips
  • Baked Italian Lasagna
  • Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

From the Pastry Shop

• Caramel Flan
  • Chocolate Fudge Cake
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie

I have a question. Are these things charged to your room. Or as you say complimentary.

Just so you nice folks won't be disappointed, :p I wonder why Janet Napolitano can't pronounce her name correctly (And I know it's her name, and she can do whatever she wants to it) :D

Ok guys, bear with me, Im getting old. Who is Janet Napolitano???

Karen

We just got back from a 2 week sailing on the Grand and they did have the new room service menu items (although sorry I didn't have the lasagna).

There were a few new items but the only ones that immediately come to mind are

Moroccon Vegetarian Crockpot

Lasagna

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

Chili Con Carne

They also started doing tableside Caeser Salad preparation in the dining room (although it was notnightly and was never prepared in our section but tasted slightly different that the standar one on the menu).

Our room steward was amazing but was clear that anything to do with food and beverages (incl minibar) were through room service.

I had a good rapport with the room service operator but couldn't get them to bring us anything but continental breakfast.

I will write a detailed review in the coming days as I remember more.

:)

As a musician, I am used to hearing more than one cello referred to as celli. But most of you would laugh if someone said it to you. Maybe I can get a peanut butter and celli sandwich from room service. That would be interesting.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there is a New & Improved hot breakfast room service menu? This question is for cabins other than suites, as I know they already get hot service from RS.

Also, charge for pizza? Is this charge imposed whenever you order a pizza or only after a certain time in the evening/night?

For those who have had this: Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread

What exactly is in it?

Thnx!!

Does anyone know if there is a New & Improved hot breakfast room service menu? This question is for cabins other than suites, as I know they already get hot service from RS.

Also, charge for pizza? Is this charge imposed whenever you order a pizza or only after a certain time in the evening/night?

For those who have had this: Moroccan Vegetable Crock Pot with Pita Bread

What exactly is in it?

Thnx!!

No, there is no hot breakfast from RS. Here and there someone will report that they wrote in a hot selection, or called it in and received it. This is only spotty, most do not get it.

There is a $3.00 charge for pizza delivered to your room. You can still go and get the pizza yourself for free on deck, and take it back to your room with no charge.

Cannot answer your last question.

Karen

Archived