New on Room Service menu

stoneharborlady

We just got off the cb today and my dd ordered the lasagna from room service. It was in a red sauce but I dont know how much sauce there was. It came in a round type dish where the lasagna was inside it, almost like a little cake pan.

I ordered a hot breakfast a few mornings on the Diamond. I just called room service and told them what I wanted, one morning omelets, hash browns and toast, then pancakes & bacon and the other morning, Eggs Benedict. It was great sitting on our balcony in our PJ's eating breakfast with a fantastic view. Ah, Life is Good, when your on a Cruise.

We just got off the cb today and my dd ordered the lasagna from room service. It was in a red sauce but I dont know how much sauce there was. It came in a round type dish where the lasagna was inside it, almost like a little cake pan.

How was it......

Bob

???? And the lasagna?

I ordered a hot breakfast a few mornings on the Diamond. I just called room service and told them what I wanted, one morning omelets, hash browns and toast, then pancakes & bacon and the other morning, Eggs Benedict. It was great sitting on our balcony in our PJ's eating breakfast with a fantastic view. Ah, Life is Good, when your on a Cruise.

Thank you Jeanne!

Really? Hot, made to order? Were you in a suite? I didn't think there was that type of breakfast available on our cruise in 2006 and we also had a balcony? Is this something new for all balcony rooms?

Really? Hot, made to order? Were you in a suite? I didn't think there was that type of breakfast available on our cruise in 2006 and we also had a balcony? Is this something new for all balcony rooms?

No, Some folks report that this works for them when called in to Room Service, or written in on the card, others say no dice. I guess its the luck of the draw.

Nothing beats breakfast on the balcony! Just tip your steward a little extra and he'll bring you anything :)

Since when does the room steward deliver or order room service? Not in any of my past princess cruises. Even the card hung on the door is not picked up by the room steward but by room service staff. :confused:

Semantics. Bottom line is flip a couple of bucks their way and you would be surprised what level of service you get. But to be quite honest; treat all of the staff with dignity and respect and they will reciprocate. It's funny how that works :rolleyes:

Several years ago we had the lasagna in the dining room for lunch and it was some of the best lasagna I had ever had. Ever since, I've tried to get to lunch in the dining room on the lunch day thay offer lasagna, and so far..no luck.

I'm wondering ...is the lasagna on the room service menu the same wonderful lasagna they used to serve in the dining room for lunch?

Several years ago we had the lasagna in the dining room for lunch and it was some of the best lasagna I had ever had. Ever since, I've tried to get to lunch in the dining room on the lunch day thay offer lasagna, and so far..no luck.

I'm wondering ...is the lasagna on the room service menu the same wonderful lasagna they used to serve in the dining room for lunch?

I think thats kind of what we are trying to figure out. Was yours red sauce, or cream sauce?

Semantics. Bottom line is flip a couple of bucks their way and you would be surprised what level of service you get. But to be quite honest; treat all of the staff with dignity and respect and they will reciprocate. It's funny how that works :rolleyes:
To whom are you flipping the bucks? Room service or your steward, who has nothing to do with ordering Room Service? And how do you know that flipping bucks works better than simply asking? Sounds to me like you're wasting good money but if you want to throw some bucks around, that's your business.

As I said, treat all of the staff with dignity and respect and they usually reciprocate, however it never hurts to tip when someone provides that extra level of service such as delivering an item to your room which isn't on the menu. In saying that, you do what works for you :)

We had a regular balcony cabin. It is not on the menu, you just have to ask for it through room service. We did it the last we cruised in 2007, too. Most passengers think they can only order what is on the room service menu.

Since when does the room steward deliver or order room service? Not in any of my past princess cruises. Even the card hung on the door is not picked up by the room steward but by room service staff. :confused:

I agree, I just called rooms service and that's who delivered it.

As I said, treat all of the staff with dignity and respect and they usually reciprocate, however it never hurts to tip when someone provides that extra level of service such as delivering an item to your room which isn't on the menu. In saying that, you do what works for you :)

Ditto!

To whom are you flipping the bucks? Room service or your steward, who has nothing to do with ordering Room Service? And how do you know that flipping bucks works better than simply asking? Sounds to me like you're wasting good money but if you want to throw some bucks around, that's your business.

You are obviously an experienced cruiser and I am SURE YOU KNEW exactly what the individual was referring to.....Room service handles all the food, cabin stewards handle the cabin. Yes, it is very nice and very appropriate to tip that little extra for the service...quite frankly, people on a cruise ship can do whatever pleases them without being chastised.;)

I think thats kind of what we are trying to figure out. Was yours red sauce, or cream sauce?

Red sauce and it was wonderful. (unless you are Italian and then its called "gravy"...or at least that's what my grandmother always called it)

Is the room service menu lasagna red or white

Archived