Where to stay in Ft Lauderdale??

jacksmom09

Hi! would love some info on Ft Lauderdale Resorts! :D Would like a really nice place to stay pre-cruise!:p

Maybe you should post this on the Ft Lauderdale Q and A thread. There is a lady "Royal Cruiser" who has helped many people find exactly what they are looking for! She knows the area.

We are staying at The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa located 8 miles from FLL. Address is Hollywood Fl. I am cruising in Nov and got the Hotel for $100/night thru Priceline. The going rate is like $320 for 1 night. It looks like a really nice resort and it's on the beach. I don't know if you are up for using Priceline for the bidding. I was scared at first but you can be pretty specific on where you want to stay. Just a thought. One thing that I will tell you is to check out if you think you will need a car or not. Some of the hotels charge for parking including the one where we are staying. I spoke to the people from the Hotel and they said it will run me about $40 for a cab to the Hotel. Then we are using SAS to transport us to Miami to the port and they are returning us to the airport. We have 4 people in our party and they (SAS) are only charging us $26 round trip.

(here is the link if you want it http://www.ridesas.com/)

Hope this helped some. Like I said check out the other thread and Royal Cruiser will for sure get back to you!

Happy sailing! :)

Hi! would love some info on Ft Lauderdale Resorts! :D Would like a really nice place to stay pre-cruise!:p

Another thought is google Ft Lauderdale, I found a tourism site for Hollywood, Fl where we are staying but there was also info for Ft Lauderdale and all the surrounding areas. They sent me a really nice map that showed the hotels, resturants and activities on it. This may help you too!

I'd recommend the Westin Diplomat. Gorgeous resort, although it's in Hollywood, but they have a boardwalk and the Atlantic Ocean is the Atlantic Ocean.

If it must be Ft. Lauderdale, try the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Resort, right on the beach and the Intracoastal, on the very southern most part of Ft. Lauderdale.

There have been many great suggestions. Also look at Hyatt Pier 66, Ritz Carlton, and the W hotel. Hyatt Pier 66 and Lago Mar are the most resort-like properties in Fort Lauderdale. The W is the coolest and hippest hotel...if you don't like young trendy places, you might find it to be a bit over the top and noisy (I love it:D). If you want a really nice classy resort a little out of the area but easily accessible by car, look at the Boca Raton Resort or the Boca Beach Club.

Has anybody ever stayed at the Doubletree next to Galleria Mall? Pros? Cons? Thank you.

Yeah, I have.

We had one good stay and one bad stay. Management was not to be found and never seen when we had a problem. If you are a light sleeper don't get a room on the drawbridge side of the hotel. The tires on the cars going across make a lot of noise.

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply! Haven't made a reservation yet, and not sure I will. Anybody else?

It does have a Water Taxi stop and is near restaurants and shopping. Our last stay was over two years ago, so they may have turned over the management. Our problems could have easily been solved by management, but they were apparently too busy to bother with us so we walked. And when a Hilton Diamond walks, management has a lot of 'splaining to do to corporate.

Maybe you should post this on the Ft Lauderdale Q and A thread. There is a lady "Royal Cruiser" who has helped many people find exactly what they are looking for! She knows the area.

We are staying at The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa located 8 miles from FLL. Address is Hollywood Fl. I am cruising in Nov and got the Hotel for $100/night thru Priceline. The going rate is like $320 for 1 night. It looks like a really nice resort and it's on the beach. I don't know if you are up for using Priceline for the bidding. I was scared at first but you can be pretty specific on where you want to stay. Just a thought. One thing that I will tell you is to check out if you think you will need a car or not. Some of the hotels charge for parking including the one where we are staying. I spoke to the people from the Hotel and they said it will run me about $40 for a cab to the Hotel. Then we are using SAS to transport us to Miami to the port and they are returning us to the airport. We have 4 people in our party and they (SAS) are only charging us $26 round trip.

(here is the link if you want it http://www.ridesas.com/)

Hope this helped some. Like I said check out the other thread and Royal Cruiser will for sure get back to you!

Happy sailing! :)

Where is the Fort Lauderdale thread - is it under Florida departures or elsewhere? Thanks.

Archived