Is it ok to share a beverage package?

Mr. Luckytoo

Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?

• It is never ok, it's theft
    • It's not right but sharing a drink a few times is ok
    • Its ok because I don't drink that much everyday
    • I know it's probably not ok but I'll probably share with my spouse
    • It's ok because Celebrity makes enough money
    • I never reall thought about it

I agree with you. I couldn't in good conscience share a beverage package any more than justify my wife and I sharing an all you can eat buffet. I just want to enjoy my vacation, not try and figure out how to cheat Celebrity out of their onboard revenue. I don't complain about paying $17 for a martini while at the Ritz Carlton even though I know it costs them a fraction of that for the liquor.

As to the sharing a buffet at a local food place I would never even consider doing that due to the fact that its wrong and that I would most likely have MANY other choices as to other places to eat nearby (possibly for cheaper) unlike on a cruise where if you want a drink you either have the option to pay an outrageous price or not be able to get a drink at all so I think this is why people see this type of sharing different (more righteous).

So....it's ok to steal if you don't have enough options for places to drink? That's the logic (sic) you think people are employing? So if you're somewhere that has a $9.99 AYCE buffet, and the next closest restaurant is an hour away, it's not as bad to steal food from them than if the next closest restaurant was next door?

I'm missing something, I think.

I read a comment the other day that also brought up a good point stating how nobody says anything about children sharing a soda packages. I remember when I was younger my parents bought me and my sister a refillable cup at the beginning of the cruise for $28 and we shared that for the next 5 days and never thought anything of it maybe because it was from the same glass and was so expensive (I'm not sure)?

That's theft, too.

• 11 months later...

Now, my case is a little different. I'm traveling with my wife and my soon to be 1 year old son. We both want to buy a package that includes bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees, Freshly squeezed and canned juices and smoothies. Our one year old would drink freshly squeezed juices here and there, but it wouldn't be enough to justify a package for him. Would it be ok for him to drink from our packages or do you still think its stealing? I already think its kind of abusing that cruise lines charge the same fee for a one year old or an adult as a third passenger...

Now, my case is a little different. I'm traveling with my wife and my soon to be 1 year old son. We both want to buy a package that includes bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees, Freshly squeezed and canned juices and smoothies. Our one year old would drink freshly squeezed juices here and there, but it wouldn't be enough to justify a package for him. Would it be ok for him to drink from our packages or do you still think its stealing? I already think its kind of abusing that cruise lines charge the same fee for a one year old or an adult as a third passenger...
Don't be silly. If your wife is still breast feeding him, he'll be getting some of hers regardless :D

I really could care less what other people think. If somebody wants a sip of my wine, I'm not going to say, "NO! You need to buy your own drink package!"

Of course, if it starts to get to be whole drinks or several drinks a day, I'd probably draw the line there.

Last summer on the Constellation, I went to the bar outside of the aqua spa cafe where they have the smoking section. I was having grilled Tuna lunch inside and I walked out and ordered a bottle of pelegrino and an iced tea....I like to mix them. The bartender said "I can only give you one....come back in 5 minutes" I said....call the F&B manager and get it cleared....I am alone eating and drinking and I want my drinks....I was on the premium package. It was cleared in 3 minutes and everyday they knew I would be there and I got my double drinks...no problem.

One night the F&B manager came by to apologize and explained that many people buy one package and then "share" which loses them money and is against the rules. This was why the bartender did what he did.....I told him they need a better system.......

Some people always ruin it for the rest of us!

Safe travels to all!

I've asked this before and not gotten an answer, I am worried about the posts that talk about how they track. I have a premium package, my husband does not. He drinks very little, not enough to warrant his own package. Now, I like to have two (or more) drinks in the afternoon while sitting on the balcony and getting dressed for dinner. If I get one on the way back to the room, then run down to get another so that I can sit in my robe and enjoy will that trip any flags?

Two things

1 - So what if this has been discussed 10 times, 100 times or 1000 times. A lot of people are new and if they want to ask the question again then they can do so without the narrow minded impatient bunch moaning and complaining.

If you don't like it don't post.

2 - we all know the moral issues of sharing, but I don't for a second believe you are all so honest. I bet if you knew a loophole that allowed you to share a drinks package and get 2 drinks from one package, then I am sure that 99% of you would be exploiting the loop hole.

I personally believe it would be fine for a one year old to share some of your drink, particularly when you both have the package :)

1 - So what if this has been discussed 10 times, 100 times or 1000 times. A lot of people are new and if they want to ask the question again then they can do so without the narrow minded impatient bunch moaning and complaining.

If you don't like it don't post.

Not only that, but there are people on this forum who will pick you apart if you post on an old thread to ask a new question. This makes it so you feel urged to start a new thread if you want to know something.

My DH and I do not purchase any beverage package because we don't drink enough of any liquid to make it in any way cost-effective, so I don't have a dog in this race. I consider myself to be extremely honest. I've found a dollar item in the bottom of my bag that I didn't pay for and driven back to the store simply to pay for it, spending more in gas than the item was worth.

However, when I was in school, I remember the nuns cautioning us about the sin of being scrupulous, seeing evil when none exists.

Two people sharing one drink package? Wrong. One person offering another person a taste of a beverage obtained on a package? One person who got the buffet offering her dining companion a taste of something she found particularly good even though said companion ordered from the menu? I see nothing wrong in either of these cases.

That's my morality. I'm very comfortable with it and have no trouble looking myself in the mirror when I put on my make-up in the morning. It really doesn't make any difference what you think of those practices.

And it's a well-known fact that people lie on these surveys all the time, so I'm pretty sceptical about the number of people who say they'd never do such a thing.

Not only that, but there are people on this forum who will pick you apart if you post on an old thread to ask a new question. This makes it so you feel urged to start a new thread if you want to know something.

And the flip side of that will be those that tell you that you should use the search function to find the answer.

You can’t please everyone here so I say ask away any way you want! :D

I think it is OK if you get the soda card sticker on your sign and sea card and just share it with your spouse. We don't usually get any other packages. I don't know if this is considered a package or just a soda sticker. :confused::confused:

Ok, by a show of hands, how many people feel that it's ok for a person to share a beverage package?

Let me slightly reword the question. You go to a restaurant where there is a buffet option and a menu option with a bunch of friends. One of you orders the buffet and the rest of you order the cheapest item on the menu. Then the whole party shares from the plate of the person who orders the buffet.

Is this OK?

What is the difference?

DON

How much juice does a one year old need? Have you read the AAP guidelines? I think fresh squeezed juices are offered at breakfast and that would be more than enough, according to current recommendations. Remember, too, that you can buy a la carte drinks, so it's not beverage package or nothing.

My husband and I are getting non-alcoholic beverage packages and my 8 year old loves San Pellegriono, but will probably only drink one a day, so we will just pay for those a la carte for him. Notice we are not saying, "He doesn't drink enough to justify a package so he should be able to drink off of ours."

I think it is OK if you get the soda card sticker on your sign and sea card and just share it with your spouse. We don't usually get any other packages. I don't know if this is considered a package or just a soda sticker. :confused::confused:

Sorry, no, it is not okay. It is exactly the same thing as two people sharing one beverage package.

We all know the beverage packages are not cheap, the premium non alcohol is something like £100 per week. (or works out to near enough that).

Lets say 40% of passengers buy a package for one reason or another. It is expensive.

On a 2 week cruise a N.A. package costs us £200 each, that is an extra £400 we have spent.

What if the cost of the package was reduced? If it was half the price, I am sure that would allow enough extra revenue to make a healthy profit?

Half the price and I bet something like 90% or people would go for a package.

I don't think this is a black white issue. Sure, in some cases, it could be abuse.

But, suppose a couple buys one package and one person drinks half the value of the package. In such a case, if to try to use up the value, drinks are bought for the other spouse, how can you criticize? To me, this would be logical and not dishonest. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

By the way, we never buy any packages, so this is an impartial view.

[QUOTE=Can'tstopcruising;33003477]I don't think this is a black white issue. Sure, in some cases, it could be abuse.

But, suppose a couple buys one package and one person drinks half the value of the package. In such a case, if to try to use up the value, drinks are bought for the other spouse, how can you criticize? To me, this would be logical and not dishonest. Sorry, but that is how I see it.

By the way, we never buy any packages, so this is an impartial view.[/QUOTE]

Do you go to an all you care to eat buffet on land and pay for one and two of you eat just because you say your not really that hungry? Is that right? Not in my mind. So why is your thought on the beverage pkg different.

It is cheating anyway you look at it! Stop beng cheap people.

[quote name='Mulege']Do you go to an all you care to eat buffet on land and pay for one and two of you eat just because you say your not really that hungry? Is that right? Not in my mind. So why is your thought on the beverage pkg different.

It is cheating anyway you look at it! Stop beng cheap people.[/quote]

I would think that people who go to an All you can Eat restaurant are hungry and prepared to eat (we do not go to this type of restaurant). However, an inexperienced cruiser may purchase a package and later realize that they are not getting value. I am playing the devil's advocate here because I find that posters are so quick to judge others and most thngs in life are not Black & White.