Be Careful-Can lose your onboard booking pricing

fgc15527

Booked a 1a stateroom on Eclipse for next february while cruising in June. Paid 2a prices for 1a. Good deal. 1a pricing went down lower than 2a. a few days ago. Called and celebrity lowered my price. Today 2a pricing went down. Not eligible now for 2a now because I took 1a pricing a few days ago. Be careful. Not happy to lose something I rec'd for booking on board.

Booked a 1a stateroom on Eclipse for next february while cruising in June. Paid 2a prices for 1a. Good deal. 1a pricing went down lower than 2a. a few days ago. Called and celebrity lowered my price. Today 2a pricing went down. Not eligible now for 2a now because I took 1a pricing a few days ago. Be careful. Not happy to lose something I rec'd for booking on board.

That should have been explained to you when you did your on board booking. On my last crusie I did 4 future cruise bookings and each time we reviewed the details the consultant repeated the conditions of the booking.

You booked a 1a room at 2a pricing. Then 1a price went below 2a so you had Celebrity change your price to a 1a because it was lower. What have you lost? Did you lose the onboard credit?:confused: Did you cancel the cruise & rebook using a new reservation #? I really don't know what you're complaining about.

If I'm reading this right, you booked a 1A for the price of a 2A. At the point you took the 1A for the lower price, but kept the booking for the 1A. Now, you saw that the 2A is lower than what you are currently paying for the 1A, and feel you should be able to keep the 1A but get the current 2A price for it, since that was your original deal.

If that's so, sorry, but when you accepted the lower price for the 1A, you abandoned the "1A for the price of a 2A" deal. Even if the lower price for the 1A hadn't come along, they wouldn't honor the lower price for the 2A and let you keep the 1A.

I had a similar thing happen. I booked a 2A for the price of a 2C. When the price of the 2C dropped, I could not get the new price without switching the booking to a 2C, since the original offer was only for bookings made while on the ship, and I was not on the ship at that point. It's the same effect as cancelling the booking and starting over, though they don't actually cancel the booking, so you can keep any other benefits (OBC, reduced deposit) while getting the new price. We addressed it by upgrading to a C1 for the same price as what we had been paying, the price of what a 2C had been going for before.

Booked on board. Rec'd 1a cabin at 2a price. Checked prices online regularly to see if there was a price drop on 2a. 2a category was sold out. A price drop came up on 1a. I called and rec'd the lower 1a price. Two days later 2a prices dropped $160. I was not able to take advantage of 2a price because I was told I forfeited my 2a status when I took advantage of 1a price. Be careful before taking advantage of price drop. You can lose your lower booking rate. It's almost like the Abbott and Costello parody on who's on first. Hope I explained better and others don't make the same mistake that I did.

fgc, you need to read the second and third paragraphs of PartyAll's post. I think you actually made out as well as you possibly could have.

I believe PartyAll is right: the 1a upgrade you got some time ago would not have been honored if you repriced your original 2a reservation, since that offer is not longer around.

Bill

And you are cautioning other people that they shouldn't take a price drop because there 'might' be a bigger price drop in the future for a different SR?? I'm afraid we are getting so use to price drops that if they all don't work to our advantage we feel we have lost out.

You didn't 'loose' anything. You must have felt the original 'good deal' price was worth it because you took it and then got a price drop which made it even better.....and now you are unhappy not getting something you didn't have before? OK.

I booked an aft SR on our upcoming Mercury cruise...it is sold out as most afts are, and the other SR's are dropping in price, including what is considered a higher grade SR (Concierge), which is now lower than our Aft SR. I'm staying with my aft SR because that is what I want and not looking at 'what could be'. Some may decide to move/upgrade...that's personal choice. But to be unhappy?

This is cruising, not the Stock Market where we are 'wheeling and dealing' is it? Wait until after final booking or when Celebrity offers up SR's for new bookings that are lower than yours and you can be so unhappy it will ruin your cruise. Try and put it into perspective....you haven't lost a dime, you have a nice SR at a very nice price.

By the way, although you are saying you aren't complaining, just giving us a heads up...but you did say you are unhappy, and since your situation is very special, it does sound very much as if it's a complaint.

Just a thought.

Denny

Booked on board. Rec'd 1a cabin at 2a price. Checked prices online regularly to see if there was a price drop on 2a. 2a category was sold out. A price drop came up on 1a. I called and rec'd the lower 1a price. Two days later 2a prices dropped $160. I was not able to take advantage of 2a price because I was told I forfeited my 2a status when I took advantage of 1a price. Be careful before taking advantage of price drop. You can lose your lower booking rate. It's almost like the Abbott and Costello parody on who's on first. Hope I explained better and others don't make the same mistake that I did.

I guess I don't understand your unhappiness here. You changed your cabin category by choice, in order to get an even better cabin price. Once you did that, you forfeited your "2A price for a 1A booking". You now locked yourself into a 1A. Should be no surprise at all......

Archived