Can I bring a pair of scissors?

fw2020

We haven't had problems with manicure scissors in our checked luggage.

Ask for a steak knife in the MDR & they will happily bring you one. In fact, once they realize why you need them your waiter or head waiter will even come & cut his food for him so you can eat your dinner while it is warm. My DD fractured a finger on each hand before one of our cruises which made it hard for her to hold the silverware right. Our waiter cut her meat for her each night. I was surprised they didn't come & try to feed her too!

Does anyone know what the reasoning is behind not being allowed to bring on scissors? All the other lines allow them. I've never heard of scissors causing any problems unless someone was running with them and fell down or used them to vandalize.

If you want to do evil, just go to the dining room and get a steak knife or break a wine bottle for a weapon.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Tucker in Texas

Does anyone know what the reasoning is behind not being allowed to bring on scissors? All the other lines allow them. I've never heard of scissors causing any problems unless someone was running with them and fell down or used them to vandalize.

If you want to do evil, just go to the dining room and get a steak knife or break a wine bottle for a weapon.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Tucker in Texas

There is NO reason here...just general rules, some that make no sense at all...when it comes to bureaucracies, there is very little rhyme or reason.

Within a few days I received a phone call and was advised that they agreed and that the scissor policy would be on the agenda of the next management meeting. After which I received another phone call advising that scissors with blades less than four inches were now accceptable.

So apparently they ARE ALLOWED NOW, due to this poster's suggestion:D

There is NO reason here...just general rules, some that make no sense at all...when it comes to bureaucracies, there is very little rhyme or reason.

You are right! According to RCL corporate when someone created the list of banded items it evidently seemed appropriate, to that person, to include sharp objects like pocket knives and scissors.

Obviously they didn't give fully consider the ramifications. When I brought the issue to corporates attention they quickly amended the policy. They were in full agreement that the police was flawed. No one attempted to defend the policy they simply changed it. Can't ask for much more than that.

Make a print-out & show them that your are less than (bring a tape measure too to prove it!);)

Prohibited items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

***Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors with blade length 4 inches or more.

(Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed.)

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

Illegal Drugs

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Archived