Cruise card colors...

DonnaK

We just got back from our second Princess cruise. Four members of our party of 5 were issued Gold Cards, to reflect our status in the Captain's Circle. However, my youngest daughter was issued a blue card, which is the color we had when we were first time cruisers. She was kind of upset about it, and I meant to check with the Captain's Circle rep to make sure she was in the computer as having taking a previous cruise and that her status was correct, but I didn't get a change to do that onboard. Another cruiser told us that all minors (she is 16) get blue cards regardless of status, but others told us that their kids received the appropriate colored card same as the adults.

What's the real story?

I can't answer the color question but this is what princess says about minors, it sounds like they don't move up until 18 - then retroactively get the benefits.

Children under 18 years old are not eligible for membership into the Princess Captain’s Circle. Children will accrue a cruise history and will be properly recognized beginning with their 1st cruise after turning 18. Children under 18 are not eligible to receive the Circle benefits.

I was told by Princess customer service rep that your status does not start changing until after a certain age. That could be wrong and it most likely is becuse that just wouldn't make sense. Like their previous cruises would be on file but won't start counting toward status till after an age. Not 100% sure though.

Our granddaughter has 3 cruises with us. She always receives a blue card while we are elite. We were told when she reaches 18 she will then get the color card for the amount of cruises she will have completed. So, she still gets the credit but not the card! Hope this helps.

Even though my son was Platinum on our last cruise he still received the blue card because he was under the age of 18. He also didn't receive the platinum perks, like the internet because he was under 18. I had checked with corporate prior to sailing and was told that it would be this way.

I get the friends and family discount when I travel since I have a good friend at Princess and my card is always blue (I am WAY over the age of 18 just in case you were wondering). We get the cruise credits but still blue cards. If I ever stop getting the friends and family discount I'm almost to elite status.

Our kids still get Blue cards, even though they have been on 6 Princess cruises. On the Crown Princess, my then 12 year old DD got the cruise director to give her a "pretend" black Elite card with her name on it, which she thought was a cool souvenir.

They should give out the blue cards until the age of 21. My son, who is 21, had his gold card, but had to carry his ID around with him on the ship because every bartender wanted to verify his age....:confused: The bartender in Crooners finally stopped asking, but it was annoying for my son.

Archived