Live from the Dawn its Friday Night

shoreguy

Greetings from St Thomas.

A couple of updates – we did get a chance to see the Second City Show and I thought it was very good – a refreshing change from the steady diet of GAR. If you like the old SNL bits you will enjoy the show. There are a number of non English speaking groups onboard and the show was a total loss for them.

Chris Connelly – I did run into your friends they were among the 6 of us that closed Spinnakers this morning. I hate when they turn on all the lights. BTW they are having a great time. Generally a better mix of passengers this winter. Average age must be down 10 years compared to last winter.

We will doing the murder mystery dinner to night – If it is something you want to do book early – 250 seats and they open registration from 10-12 but it was fully booked by 10:30. Colin the CD had given me his wireless number and I was able to book some of our group even after it was sold out

Klaus the HD and a number of the key staff member will be leaving the Dawn soon to bring the Jewel online. I think they are moving there best people from around the fleet to make sure there are no bumps when the ship goes into service.

QM2 in in St Thomas – I have seen the tenders but not the ship. They are anchored on the far side of an island in the middle of the harbor and you can not see the ship from town.

And know for those that care about these things

I did spot a bin of runny eggs this morning – they were just putting them out.

We have a small group of wasted teens onboard – passed them sleeping on the stairs after we closed Spinnakers.

Hey shoreguy, glad to hear you are having a great time on the Dawn..

Regarding internet AB's also have wired internet, but you must bring your own laptop.. Thats how I wrote my live reports the past two years.

Is it still Collin and Mike or is Paul back now?

Chris

I think you are right. I asked the internet guy and he was clueless :)

Colin is still here and he is a blast - one of the best CD ever - before he opens his mouth he is funny !!

Hi Shoreguy,

So glad to hear you are having a great time. What type of cabin are you staying in? Was the bar set-up a special request or did it come with your cabin?

I was so disappointed to hear there was no wired internet in AB suites. I got a laptop for Christmas and planned on taking it to use in my AB suite next year. Are there any wireless areas on the ship?

Enjoy every minute of every day & looking foward to hearing all about your trip.

It is the middle of the night and I am poolside responding wireless. The hotspots include this area as ell as deck 7 ,8, and 6 in the artrium area.

hi shoreguy,

hope you are having a great time. i was wondering if you could do me a favor?

i will be on the dawn on the 27th feb. could you find out if klaus and rene copeland his asst. hotel director will be on at that time? i would really appriecate it.

thank you,

larry

Greetings from St Thomas.

A couple of updates – we did get a chance to see the Second City Show and I thought it was very good – a refreshing change from the steady diet of GAR. If you like the old SNL bits you will enjoy the show. There are a number of non English speaking groups onboard and the show was a total loss for them.

Chris Connelly – I did run into your friends they were among the 6 of us that closed Spinnakers this morning. I hate when they turn on all the lights. BTW they are having a great time. Generally a better mix of passengers this winter. Average age must be down 10 years compared to last winter.

We will doing the murder mystery dinner to night – If it is something you want to do book early – 250 seats and they open registration from 10-12 but it was fully booked by 10:30. Colin the CD had given me his wireless number and I was able to book some of our group even after it was sold out

Klaus the HD and a number of the key staff member will be leaving the Dawn soon to bring the Jewel online. I think they are moving there best people from around the fleet to make sure there are no bumps when the ship goes into service.

QM2 in in St Thomas – I have seen the tenders but not the ship. They are anchored on the far side of an island in the middle of the harbor and you can not see the ship from town.

And know for those that care about these things

I did spot a bin of runny eggs this morning – they were just putting them out.

We have a small group of wasted teens onboard – passed them sleeping on the stairs after we closed Spinnakers.

This post was produced poolside on the MS Dawn. But able to post due to the database error messages.

Live from Antigua

Since the above was not posted yesterday I will add few comments from today.

The mystery dinner was a lot of fun. It also reminded me why I now prefer freestyle. 250+ guests meet in the Stardust. Are put into groups of 8 and we all march off together to rollplay over dinner. You are back to traditional dining with assigned table mates. If I had to eat for ten days with some of that group I would jump off the ship.

I continue to bump into Klaus all over the ship. Without a doubt the most visible HD I have meet. He always stops to ask how we are enjoying the ship. Returned from port this afternoon and had a nice note and complementary bottle of wine from him.

Tomorrow a full day in St Maartin.

Shoreguy,

What is the full name of Klaus the hotel manager and Colin the CD, and do you know the name of the group coordinator on the ship? Who do I contact in case of any problems regarding the CC party?

Thanks, and enjoy yourself tremendously!

Robin

Shoreguy,

What is the full name of Klaus the hotel manager and Colin the CD, and do you know the name of the group coordinator on the ship? Who do I contact in case of any problems regarding the CC party?

Thanks, and enjoy yourself tremendously!

Robin

The Hotel director is Klaus Lugmaier. I forgot the name of the group coordinator, but as the one who set up our meeting, there was a letter from him in our mail box upon arrival. The concierge is Ruth Haggar.

Take the opportunity to meet and talk with Klaus if you can, he's a valuable contact, as is the Food & Beverage Manager. The Dawn has a great staff.

hi shoreguy,

hope you are having a great time. i was wondering if you could do me a favor?

i will be on the dawn on the 27th feb. could you find out if klaus and rene copeland his asst. hotel director will be on at that time? i would really appriecate it.

thank you,

larry

The last I knew, "Rehne" went on vacation, unfortunately when I was onboard in December, but she did not know where she would be assigned during her next contract. She is an awesome young lady. I will try to find out where she is, and advise on this thread accordingly.

Thanks for that info. I sent off an email to NCL asking a couple of questions about our sailing Sunday and asking for a confirmation of our CC party. All I got was the standard party confirmation, the questions were totally ignored. Hope I get a letter from the group coordinator when I get onboard!

Robin

shoreguy,

Enjoying your journals immensely!:D Keep them coming. Have fun!!!

bragstarr/boxerjake,

Have no fear...the CC mtg will all work out. The Dawn staff will take great care of you. Calvin Lodge is now the Asst HD instead of Rehne. Get to talk to him if you can!:)

:) Good Morning Shoreguy!! Where are you today?? I have a request, I tried to send you a personal e-mail, but my computer does not send e-mails through Yahoo, why not? I have NO IDEA.....

But, I just wanted to ask you a few questions about your Lap Top, if you found that yours worked WITHOUT hooking up to the ships internet service, if you get my drift..... It sounds wonderfull if you could, my daughter would be happy....

Thanks!!

Suesan:):):)

This mornings little CD TV production outlining the day included a big thank you to all the Cruise Critics. I decided Colin is funny before he says a thing. He said he went online and his name was there. He was so excited. I am not a big CD fan but I have enjoyed this staff more then any on recent cruises.

St Maartin – I booked the Rhino Riders for 1 pm. When we showed up the bus was full and they offered 50% off if we went at 2 PM. It was a blast and great shore excursion if you want a little excitement but getting thru town at 5 pm to return to the ship was special. I think I got back to my cabin 5 minutes before we sailed at 6 pm.

Dinner last night was an adventure. I ate with 4 other CC members. We enjoyed the free bottle that Klaus had provided. I mentioned my mushrooms were cold and the salad was warm. All heck broke out. I had more suits at the table, The chief came out of the kitchen to better understand my concern. We were afraid they waiter was going to put off the ship. You all know it rolls downhill. Explained I was just trying to help, the rest of the meal was outstanding, and the service from our waiter excellent.

In the end everyone just wanted to make we were happy.

Tonight is the big Carib deck party. .

:) Good Morning Shoreguy!! Where are you today?? I have a request, I tried to send you a personal e-mail, but my computer does not send e-mails through Yahoo, why not? I have NO IDEA.....

But, I just wanted to ask you a few questions about your Lap Top, if you found that yours worked WITHOUT hooking up to the ships internet service, if you get my drift..... It sounds wonderfull if you could, my daughter would be happy....

Thanks!!

Suesan:):):)

Laptop works great without hooking up. Play DVDs, CDs, games, use word but if you want to connect to the internet get out your card :D

Hi Shoreguy! Please tell Colin that "Olga from Sveden" says hello! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. My staff and munchkins are all off next week so I head out on a cruise this Sunday. Shhhh, do not tell them it is not Norwegian! Can you believe that??? haha

Coka

Hi Shoreguy! Please tell Colin that "Olga from Sveden" says hello! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. My staff and munchkins are all off next week so I head out on a cruise this Sunday. Shhhh, do not tell them it is not Norwegian! Can you believe that??? haha

Coka

Will do and I won't tell him your a traitor. FYI the Sun as two cruises in March with 100% single supplement. I would go but I would get fired :D

Tortola – what can I say – got up late – tendered in today – got the tee shirt - tendered back. Perfect day for more last major sunburn

Ran into the other half of the CC members onboard all report best treatment ever onboard. The crew has bent over backwards to make sure all the members onboard have an excellent adventure.

Warning there is a Gator loose on the ship. It shows up everywhere. On the TV in my stateroom, at all the events, and even manages to appear in port. Strange Gator it always has a smile on his face. :D

Too much to do last night so I grabbed dinner in the Garden Café. A first for me. I was surprised. Linen on all the tables. Veal Marsala, Leg of Lamb, Tapia, really very good.

Time for fish and chips…..

Hey Shoreguy,

Make sure you tell this wonderful staff that there's another bunch of us coming on in a few days! We want some lovin' too! We're a smaller group but just as ready for partying. We'll be waving to you as we get on and you get off. We'll just look for the gator.:D

Enjoy the rest of the trip. You've been most helpful.

Robin

Tortola – what can I say – got up late – tendered in today – got the tee shirt - tendered back. Perfect day for more last major sunburn

Ran into the other half of the CC members onboard all report best treatment ever onboard. The crew has bent over backwards to make sure all the members onboard have an excellent adventure.

Warning there is a Gator loose on the ship. It shows up everywhere. On the TV in my stateroom, at all the events, and even manages to appear in port. Strange Gator it always has a smile on his face. :D

Too much to do last night so I grabbed dinner in the Garden Café. A first for me. I was surprised. Linen on all the tables. Veal Marsala, Leg of Lamb, Tapia, really very good.

Time for fish and chips…..

Folks we are having a blast here. Best Cruise yet. Smiles to all from the Dawn :rolleyes:

Archived