Irons are not allowed...How about steamers?

Canuckdoc

Has anyone had any luck with those tiny portable steamers..

How about those 'Wrinkle-away' aerosol sprays..Do they work?

I have no trouble giving celebrity a few bucks to press my suit...but sometimes, you just want to staighten out a crease that you notice only before throwing something on, and don't have a day to wait.

It's strange that on a 6-star Seabourne cruise last year...there was a mini-launderette, and it was the most popular room on the boat!!

Do a quick search of this board and you will see many creative ideas for getting rid of small creases, and even for packing in such a way that you might not have any to get of. I hang my clothes near the shower and that seems to take care of most problems.

Irons and Steamers are not allowed...

Are steamers allowed onboard?

Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000UeaPbtFY32bSe3IZwO6GSMz:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&pagename=faq_answers

I have the ship do my laundry since their prices are similiar to what I pay at home. I'm going next week and all my formal clothes are packed, I'll just take them out and give them to the steward...

I always travel with wrinkle release spray (mine is Downy). It works really well! If there is a deep crease you may be out of luck, but the wrinkle spray should freshen up almost anything. They make it in a travel size too... it can be hard to find but the Target near me carries it.

I figure that it can't hurt and is worth trying. It has always worked out well for me in the past.

In order to prevent wrinkles I learned about the miracle of drycleaner

bags from the gals over on the Fashion Forum:D:)

I normally have my dressier stuff cleaned before I sail and I pack them

in those bags. The plastic acts as a buffer and REALLY works. I also

ask my guy at the Drycleaning place for a few extra bags. He is happy

to oblige. I use them for packing...in between layers of clothes and I

never have wrinkled clothing anymore:). Once I unpack they get

thrown out.

Give it a shot.:) If not, just send the clothing out for pressing. Prices on

on board are really not that pricey.

I am the newest loyal fan of Downy wrinkle releaser! I used to travel with a steaming iron, but no longer! My husband's khaki pants had deep wrinkles by the time we got onto the ship. I sprayed it with the wrinkle releaser...and ALL the wrinkles came out! You just spray, wipe flat with your hands, let dry, and VOILA!

I even remove wrinkles from my 'dry clean only' shawl. I am kind of glad steaming irons are not allowed on Celebrity, because now I discovered an even easier way to 'iron'! :D

I use the combo approach...pack items that tend to wrinkle in dry cleaner bags. I also use "packing envelopes" to fold DH knit shirts around (like you would find @ Magellans or ebags).

When we unpack, I hang what I can and use Downy Wrinkle Release spray (not aerosol...due to airline travel). Even if you can only purchase it in a larger size, you can find some type of smaller leak-proof spray container for travel.

I always pack a braided nylon stretchy clothes line (NO clothes line in shower on S-class) and use shampoo or body wash from the cruise to wash out swimsuits etc. Add some Shout Wipes or a Clorox pen...and you have a travel "laundry kit"

On cruises longer than a week, I also use Celebrity laundry services.

Archived