Those who book direct w HAL- price drops?

grenouille

I was just wondering if there's an easy way, if you booked direct with HAL, to get price adjustments before final payment is due.

I happen to catch some of the brochures that came in the mail. Had to call HAL for something else, and decided to check with the HAL agent if the promo codes applied to my sailing. To my surprise, she adjusted our fare, saving us $110 pp.

Is there an easy way to stay on top of these things?? A website with recent promo codes? Do I have to keep calling HAL everytime? Keep checking my mailbox?

Thanks!

I just call my PCC ( if he didn't call me first which he usually does) and tell him I want the new price. Never had any problem at all with that. The only way I know is to keep checking it yourself. Unless, of course you have a great PCC who checks for you and adjusts accordingly.

The only way I know is to keep checking it yourself.

GREAT advice! When I looked last Saturday, I found a $400 reduction, called the PCC and he re-booked at the lower rate. (Final payment not made yet.) This is the second lowering of price for this cruise. You can bet I will continue to look everyday.

I didn't use the PCC for my booking, so I have to call the main 1-888 HAL number.

Now how do you guys find out about the price drops? ( I guess that was my original question- should have been more clear- sorry) Where do you look?

Brochures? HAL site? Other site with promo codes?

Here's my issue- the HAL site still showed my fare in the original amount, so had I not read the recent brochure that was mailed to me, I wouldn't even have known about the price drop.

If you have a good travel agent they will let you know if there is a price drop on a upcoming cruise. My experience has been that HAL will usually offer a onboard credit if final payment has been made and they have a sale on a cruise that you are booked on.

You need to check the HAL website for pricing changes, particularly

the "specials" section, frequently.

Once you note a reduction, contact your PCC and your fare will

be adjusted.

Try to avoid getting a new booking number as this can impact your

dining reservation if you have been confirmed in a fixed seating.

I just checked the website for any price reduction for our cruise in February. There is a slight reduction of $100.00 total. At what point do I call HAL for a new price. We booked on the website and have no travel agent or personal cruise agent so I have been checking myself. This is the first time I have seen a price reduction.

Thanks for any answers to my question.

Just as a side note as others have posted their travel agent should be checking. When we booked through a travel agent our last cruise she told me it was my responsiblity to look for price reductions and tell her and she would call the cruise line. Didn't bother to call her to book this cruise as I seemed to be doing all the work.

I didn't use the PCC for my booking, so I have to call the main 1-888 HAL number.

Now how do you guys find out about the price drops?

As was said, check the HAL site frequently. I found our reduction with the "specials" on Saturday, called immediately and HAL lowered our fare to match. A $400 savings.:D

Left unsaid, is the sad fact that once final payment is made, you will not benefit from any subsequent price drops. They always include the disclaimer "for new bookings only".

Kind of makes those cute Ally bank commercials hit home. You know, the one where the newest customers get the 'goodies', not the older, long term customers.

Our upcoming cruise to Hawaii dropped four times before final payment for a total savings of $1,000. I called HAL and received the price reduction all four times.

After final payment, it has been showing sold out for our category (most categories) but if it shows up again at a lower rate than we paid I will call HAL again. We usually get OBC even after final payment has been made. :)

Archived