Tell Me About Radiance of the Seas

My husband and I normally sail on HAL or Celebrity. Our good friends just recently returned from a cruise on the Serenade of the Seas, which I believe is a sister ship to Radiance.

They want us to go on a cruise with them in January on the Radiance, but I would like to know more about her from those that have sailed her, especially recently.

If anyone can provide me with any information about public spaces, food, entertainment, lounges, etc. I would be most appreciative. We are thinking about booking either a Grand or Owner's Suite, so any info on those cabins would also be helpful.

Thanks so much!

I have no info on the posh suites, but the public spaces are lovely on the Radiance. The Radiance class ships are known as 'ships of glass' for their many public spaces with huge windows - very nice for our recent trip to Alaska.

The decor is beautiful, yet understated. Everything looks brand new. Like all RCI ships, there is innovative artwork all around, and especially in each stairwell.

Staff were consistently professional, friendly, and kind. The casual dining room is laid out in such a way that the buffet areas move very efficiently. There are many small dining places around the ship - such as the hard to find Seaview Cafe.

There is plenty of room on board, so you never feel crowded. The many activities place people all over the ship at all times.

I also like the little cinema on the Radiance class ships where you can watch movies on a proper screen in a proper (albeit tiny) theater!

My family (6 adults) sailed Radiance (Eastern Caribbean) in February 2004. We all agreed that Radiance is a beautiful ship with a great crew. You won't be disappointed.

LWJB

We were on her in Alaska. This is one of my favorite ships. Well laid out, food and service good. The captain would tell us when he saw wildlife. It was so funny people would be rushing from one side of the ship to the other with their cameras and binoculars. icon_wink.gif

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I agree with all the above comments about Radiance. We sailed on her at the end of March and thought it was one of the best cruises we have ever had. Ship is immaculate and the crew could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We were in a Grand Suite (1536) and found it to be more than adequate for our needs (2 adults). Great closest and drawer space, large bathroom with 2 sinks, tub/shower combination and plenty of bathroom storage and counter space. We have stayed in OS suites on Vision class ships, but not on Radiance class. On Radiance, the balconies in the GS are bigger than those in the OS-- we opted for the larger balcony. After looking at an OS suite on Radiance, it is our opinion, that, for two people, the OS isn't worth the extra $$. If there is anything in particular that you want to know about the suites, please send me an e-mail.

<countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Alaska-Serenade of the Seas

You can not go wrong on the Radiance. I have sailed the Infinity, vision, Radiance (of course), Majesty, and last and least the Elation. By far the ship was the best the only ship that comes close is the Infinity. I wish they made all ships like the Radiance. They have a perfect mix of public quite areas along with a indoor solarium. They have a kids pool, and an outdoor pool. I just love how you can found a quite place when ever you want. But the ship is large enough that you can always find a group of people to have fun with also. I would not be afraid of going on the Radiance by any means.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;08;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas 08.22.04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;05;23;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

til we sail the Vision of the Seas repo. cruise

You'll love the Radiance, I loved the atrium and solarium pool. Radiance has so much glass its wonderful for viewing no matter where you are in port or at sea. Radiance is my favorite ship, wish we were going!!! ENJOY!

Soveriegn 92

Majesty 95

Granduer 97

Rhapsody 00

Vision 02

Radiance 03

Brilliance 04

We were on the Radiance this past January and we thought it was an excellent ship. The ship decor was beautiful and the service (especially in the dining rooms) was outstanding.

We didn't have a suite, but friends of ours did. A nice perk is admittance (with a special key) to the Concierge Club. In there, you have free internet access, special snacks anytime and a free open bar during certain hours (I think 5 pm to 7 pm, but not exactly sure). There were other things in there, but I was too green with envy to notice!!!

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

Hi!

We sailed on the Radiance May '04, through the Panama Canal. The ship is beautiful, chrome and glass everywhere, and people polishing everywhere too! We had an E1 room and loved it, our in-laws had a D room and it was wonderful! The crew was very pleasant and helpful. The only thing that we thought was off is the food, there were a lot of complaints about it, and we thought it was just so-so. There is a very nice cafe on the very top deck called the Seaview Cafe, it has a very nice atmosphere and good food.

Carnival Pride June '03

Radiance '04

Spirit '04

Inspiration '04

We are leaving on June 26 for two weeks on the Radiance of the Seas. I will be our 76 and 77 ROyal Caribbean voyaes and the Radiance is our most favorte ship. We sail on the Radance two months each year and are either in an Owner's or Grand Suite and they are spacious and beautiful. The Radiance is mostly glass and the most beautiful ship in the fleet.

Karen and Bob

We sailed on Radiance to Alaska a few years ago. The ship was beautiful, but it was so huge, it took me all week to finally find the specialty coffee shop! I understand that they have actually moved it now, because I guess I wasn't the only one who had trouble finding it. My only complaint was the food in the dining room. I was SOOOO disappointed. A seven night cruise to Alaska and not even one night of lobster. I found the food in the dining room to be disgusting. Hopefully it has improved, because I haven't taken RCCL since. If you have been on Celebrity and HAL, you may be disappointed as well.

The food on the Radiance now is excellent. In fact, when we were on board in May it was the best Royal Caribbean food we have eaten in many many years. We do love Portofino and Chops Grill and ate twice in each though.

We are not Celebrity fans but I do not think anyone would be disappointed in the Radiance.

Karen

Archived