Serenade of the Seas Cabin question

My husband and I, after falling in love with our first cruise in May, want to book our next!

We have decided on the Serenade of the Seas to the South Caribbean, on the May 15, 2011 sailing.

We were in an Oceanview on the Monarch in May and have decided to splurge on a balcony for this cruise. Now, I need to know which of the following balcony cabins are best? These are in the D2 category.

Deck 10 Aft - Room 1604

Deck 9 Hump - 9580 or 9092

I know many of you favor AFT and many favor Hump but perhaps one is better than the other on this ship?

Also, do you feel a lot more motion in the AFT cabins?

Any info would be great! OH yeah! Thanks :)

If it's rough, you're going to feel it everywhere. However, there is a vibration in the aft that can be annoying....at least, I found it annoying!

I'd much prefer the convenience of the hump area. 9092 has a huge balcony for a "side" cabin!!

My husband and I, after falling in love with our first cruise in May, want to book our next!

We have decided on the Serenade of the Seas to the South Caribbean, on the May 15, 2011 sailing.

We were in an Oceanview on the Monarch in May and have decided to splurge on a balcony for this cruise. Now, I need to know which of the following balcony cabins are best? These are in the D2 category.

Deck 10 Aft - Room 1604

I know many of you favor AFT and many favor Hump but perhaps one is better than the other on this ship?

AFT, AFT, AFT!!! The balcony on 1604 is at least 8 feet deeper then 9580 on the hump!

1604 is also deeper than hump cabin 9092, but only by a couple of feet.

If you do not mind the long walk to the aft, the cabins are spectacular!

BILL

AFT is my choice. Less traffic outside the room, wonderful balcony, beautiful view.

The vibration CB refers to comes and goes like rough seas. You may feel it while docking or when the ship turns sharply. If you feel it all the time the ship needs engine maint..

How much do you enjoy a loooooooong walk down a very narrow hallway?

I don't! -- And that's why 9092 is VERY, VERY much better. The location to eveything on the ship makes it very quick and easy to "run to the room and pick up something", or "run to the cabin and change", etc.

There is no noise from the elevators, but you are very close.

And then there's the HUGE balcony to add to the benifits.

Hope This Helps.

We just returned from the Serenade in July and for the first time had a hump cabin. We took it based on the larger balcony - normally we get cabins more forward. However, the hump cabin was a great location!!! Very central and close to elevators and steps midship. Not noisy at all - which we were concerned with due to the centrum being right there. But the cabins are behind a wall and very quiet and nice. Great location for viewing both forward and aft. Smooth sailing - no vibration or other noises were noticed. We were on the 8th floor. We even booked another cruise in a hump cabin based on this experience. If you want a convenient cabin with a larger balcony, go with the hump!

Carol & Jeff

we recently had JS1602 on the Serenade. Balcony was fantastic and we didn't mind the walk. We did mind the noise every early a.m. (4:30) from the Windjammer above. Cabin 1604 would have the same issue. But the balcony is great. I have not stayed on the Hump

We have only done hump cabins and have another one on the 29th. I have always been very pleased with the location. Always 8th floor. But its really about your personal choice. I would not want to be woken up at 4:30 am so the AFT would not work for me. My DH would not want the long walk so hence, hump for us... Good luck..

we recently had JS1602 on the Serenade. Balcony was fantastic and we didn't mind the walk. We did mind the noise every early a.m. (4:30) from the Windjammer above. Cabin 1604 would have the same issue. But the balcony is great. I have not stayed on the Hump

We are in 1600 in 2 weeks. I HATE mornings. How noisy was it?? Did it go on and was it every day?

Deck 10 Aft - Room 1604

I don't know which cabin you would prefer, but we are on that sailing. There is already a small roll call if you'd like to join us in the excitement of planning! :D

The link is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25548673#post25548673

We're staying on for the sailing on the 22nd too! :)

OP - you will get opinions on both - aft lovers and hump lovers. You just need to judge what your needs are.

Do you care if it is a long walk back to the cabin or do you like the convenience of being right by the stairs/elevator?

You can have a large balcony in either aft or hump portside. The rooms themselves are the same.

Having stayed in both, we are hump balcony people as we like being near elevator. No noise, and convenient. I liked the everchanging view from the side as opposed to the wake all the time in the aft. But to each their own.

We are in 1600 in 2 weeks. I HATE mornings. How noisy was it?? Did it go on and was it every day?

We had GS1600 on the Serenade to Alaska last year and never heard a thing from above in the morning. Only issue we had was when we were out on the balcony during the day; we could hear the conversations of people seated at the rail right above us, and got a few empty sugar packets blown down to us.

OP - you will get opinions on both - aft lovers and hump lovers. You just need to judge what your needs are.

Do you care if it is a long walk back to the cabin or do you like the convenience of being right by the stairs/elevator?

You can have a large balcony in either aft or hump portside. The rooms themselves are the same.

Having stayed in both, we are hump balcony people as we like being near elevator. No noise, and convenient. I liked the everchanging view from the side as opposed to the wake all the time in the aft. But to each their own.

My sentiments exactly! I love the "hump" area. Also, you may have calm seas (fingers crossed), but if you don't, and are at all susceptible to motion sickness, you will feel considerably less motion mid-ship near the hump. Whatever you decide, hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I have booked 1604 cabin and never was bothered with noise. I do not mind the walk back to the cabin, helps walk off the food. I love the sound of the wake from the props, sounds like waves breaking to shore at the beach. Only vibration I ever noted, was during docking, and it is negligable.

Also, if it is windy, you are blocked on the AFT, unlike the hump cabins where it can get very windy on the balcony. The Aft you get to see both sides of the ship.

Like posted, it is a matter of personal choice, there are lovers in both camps.

As with all things - different people have different opinions, or are "bothered" by different things. One thing we also loved about the Aft was the ability to see out both sides - you never miss a thing. But I will book Deck 9 next time, not deck 10 under the Windjammer. And yes, we also did hear people at the rail in the windjammer .... though they were usually calling down to people in the cabins below "do you want some lemonade ..." I stand by my statement though - noise from the Windjammer very early every morning was noticeable.

We have stayed in aft balcony cabins on deck 9 and 10 on four different cruises with the 5th coming up. Twice on deck 10 under the Windjammer and heard very little noise. Once in a while a scraping of a chair, but nothing to bother us. And like someone else posted, you not only get the beautiful view of the wake, but you can see to both sides too. Love, love, love the aft cabins!:D

We are on the March 12, 2011 cruise on the Serenade. Took an aft cabin as we always like the quiet sound of the ocean. Balcony bigger if that is any help and away from the elevator noises. Not so much the elevator but the "late night" people coming back to thier rooms.

Happy Sailing.

Archived