Kusadasi Tour

I am on the Star Princess arriving at 8:00 am and departing at 5:00 pm. Looking at the "Ephesus Full Day (DE LUXE)" tour from Hello Ephesus. This is an 8 hour tour. Does the ship dock or tender at this port? Has anyone taken this tour? Can this tour be done in the time the ship is in port? Thanks

I am on the Star Princess arriving at 8:00 am and departing at 5:00 pm. Looking at the "Ephesus Full Day (DE LUXE)" tour from Hello Ephesus. This is an 8 hour tour. Does the ship dock or tender at this port? Has anyone taken this tour? Can this tour be done in the time the ship is in port? Thanks

We were on a different cruise line, but I believe your ship docks at this port (you can call Princess to make sure). Ephesus is about a 30 minute drive from the port. I don't know what your full day tour would entail. We took a half day tour with Ekol to see Ephesus, and it was enough because it was so hot. There is an excellent link that discusses tours and guides in Ephesus which you should read. It's very informative. Be sure to see the Terrace Houses. They are amazing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1221993

Your ship will dock.

I arranged and took the Hello Ephesus deluxe one day tour last November. It was the best tour of the 12 or so we took and that is saying something because all our tours went well. It was also very reasonably priced.

Our guide was "Bill" Bulent (I think that's his last name). He was great. He talked to me at the beginning of the day and we decided how we wanted to do things.

The lunch will be at the rug hooking school and they will invite you to see a demonstration. We enjoyed the lunch and the demonstration. However, you do not need to do this and if you are not interested be sure to be clear on this.

Be sure to include the Terrace Houses on your tour. We also saw the museum, the Basilica of St. John and the House of the Virgin Mary. I am not overly religious and in my opinion you could skip the latter if time is an issue. We just did a quick drive by to the the one remaining column of the temple of Artemis.

I forget how long we took for the day, but I think it can be done in the time you have. our ship stayed until 9:00 and we had time to walk around and shop.

You will be docked in this port, but here's a caution about your port timing. Arriving at 8 am, does not always mean you can get off of your ship at 8:01 am. Departing at 5 pm might mean being back on the ship at 4 pm or a little earlier. You will need to check and consider those logistical details. Much depends on what you most like to do and see. The history is super great at Ephesus. It depends, however, on how "deep" you want to go on the great history there, versus museum and shopping options. Here are some visual samples of what's there and nearby.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Starting the tour at Ephesus:

EphTourStart.jpg

Looking downhill towards the library and other ruins from when Ephesus was Rome's capital of Asia Minor:

EphRuinsLongShot.jpg

Another area for seeing added ruins at Ephesus:

RuinsAdded.jpg

At Ephesus, here is the famed outdoor theater that hosted Saint Paul preaching, plus rock stars, etc. At this site in the 1st century AD, the Apostle Paul spent over three years in Ephesus preaching the Gospel. This included a sermon condemning pagan worship in this theater:

Amphitheatre.jpg

A smaller temple at Ephesus:

EphSmTemple.jpg

Near Ephesus, here is what the final home of Mary looks like from our visit there:

MaryHomeTurkey.jpg

The Hello Ephesus Deluxe Tour is excellent. In May my husband and I were part of a group which was organised by another lady through our Roll Call. Our guide was also Bulent (Bill) Orkus and he was fantastic. His knowledge of the area and history is amazing and he imparts it in a very entertaining manner.

Our tour did include the Terrace Houses and the other places mentioned in the previous post. We found the rug making demonstration very interesting and there was no pressure to purchase (although 2 or 3 from our tour did). We had a wonderful local food style lunch which was served in the garden of the rug making school and included in the price of the tour.

Our ship was in port longer (7am-7pm) so time was not an issue. However, reputable private tour companies like Hello Ephesus are very organised and understand the need to be back at the ship in good time. Make sure they know your time limits and the tour will be tailored to fit.

Enjoy your cruise and your day in Kusadasi.

I am brand new to Cruise Critic- my first post. We are cruising Splendour in October and I would like to find a group to schedule a deluxe Ephesus tour with- thank you all for your postings here- that is exactly what I was wondering about. We will do the other ports on our own, with info from CC, but figure you definitely need a guide for Ephesus. Would like a smaller group. Does anyone have time to help a newbie? Ciao! (based in Vicenza, Italy)

I am brand new to Cruise Critic- my first post. We are cruising Splendour in October and I would like to find a group to schedule a deluxe Ephesus tour with- thank you all for your postings here- that is exactly what I was wondering about. We will do the other ports on our own, with info from CC, but figure you definitely need a guide for Ephesus. Would like a smaller group. Does anyone have time to help a newbie? Ciao! (based in Vicenza, Italy)

Welcome to these Cruise Critic boards. To find what you are seeking on a tour group, it would be best to go to a "ROLL CALL" for your specific cruise line, not here.

Here are some other suggestions to help in planning your future travels. FIRST, scroll back through all of the earlier postings. You will see many different items on ports you would visit and/or at the board for each separate cruise line in planning for your upcoming cruise.

SECOND, do a search on these boards by each city and you will see lots of postings on various subjects connected with each port stop. Then, after taking the time to get that background, see other experiences, etc., you can post with specific questions in each port city.

THIRD, when posting a new thread, be sure to have a title that is narrow or specfic to your question so that other can know what you are seeking. Don't just have a general term of "I have a question". Just like a good headline, the right title makes it so much easier for people to catch what you are seeking.

There are lots and lots of great people and information here on these boards. Don't be shy in asking follow-up questions. Folks are happy to share more when they know what you are seeking and background on your timing, cruise ship, travel party, personal interests and travel style, etc.

Also grab, maybe from your library or a book transfer they can do for you, such good visual books such as Eyewitness, Insight, etc. Rick Steves, Fodors, Frommers, etc., can work well, too. No one travel book has it "ALL", perfectly and completely. These resources, especially the visuals one, can you help better figure out your priorities, in advance, for what you want to do and see.

Does this help? THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

All of the major tour companies are VERY aware of ship's arrival and departure times and schedule their tours to agree with them. Let the tour company know what ship you are on and they will work with you. I am not sure if you are looking at a private tour or a group tour. I strongly recommend that you take a private tour with a small group.

The company we used was Ekol and we enjoyed them very much. They worked with us to be sure that we got what we wanted, not just a packaged tour. The cost of a private tour is not very much more and it is definitely worth it.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/blacksea2.html

and also at

http://www.bully4.us/holyland.html

for some good Kusadasi trips.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Wow- Thank you so much! I did find the roll call section after I posted this message, but I really appreciate these response posts for their help in thinking/planning more of our trip!

This is wonderful!

Wow- Thank you so much! I did find the roll call section after I posted this message, but I really appreciate these response posts for their help in thinking/planning more of our trip! This is wonderful!

Keep the questions rolling. The only "bad question" is the one you don't ask.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Save time for some shopping when scheduling your tour. Shopping in Kusadasi is a unique experience.

We headed back to our ship about 90 minutes before departure and were treated to dancers and music on the dock. I don't know if that happens frequently or not. Maybe others can post their experience with entertainment.

Welcome to these Cruise Critic boards. To find what you are seeking on a tour group, it would be best to go to a "ROLL CALL" for your specific cruise line, not here.

Here are some other suggestions to help in planning your future travels. FIRST, scroll back through all of the earlier postings. You will see many different items on ports you would visit and/or at the board for each separate cruise line in planning for your upcoming cruise.

SECOND, do a search on these boards by each city and you will see lots of postings on various subjects connected with each port stop. Then, after taking the time to get that background, see other experiences, etc., you can post with specific questions in each port city.

THIRD, when posting a new thread, be sure to have a title that is narrow or specfic to your question so that other can know what you are seeking. Don't just have a general term of "I have a question". Just like a good headline, the right title makes it so much easier for people to catch what you are seeking.

There are lots and lots of great people and information here on these boards. Don't be shy in asking follow-up questions. Folks are happy to share more when they know what you are seeking and background on your timing, cruise ship, travel party, personal interests and travel style, etc.

Also grab, maybe from your library or a book transfer they can do for you, such good visual books such as Eyewitness, Insight, etc. Rick Steves, Fodors, Frommers, etc., can work well, too. No one travel book has it "ALL", perfectly and completely. These resources, especially the visuals one, can you help better figure out your priorities, in advance, for what you want to do and see.

Does this help? THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thanks so much for this very helpful info! I too am new & am having a difficult time figuring out how to "find" port threads... this was very helpful!

Debbie

All of the major tour companies are VERY aware of ship's arrival and departure times and schedule their tours to agree with them. Let the tour company know what ship you are on and they will work with you. I am not sure if you are looking at a private tour or a group tour. I strongly recommend that you take a private tour with a small group.

The company we used was Ekol and we enjoyed them very much. They worked with us to be sure that we got what we wanted, not just a packaged tour. The cost of a private tour is not very much more and it is definitely worth it.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/blacksea2.html

and also at

http://www.bully4.us/holyland.html

for some good Kusadasi trips.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I love looking at your pix! You have been very helpful in what I am to look for in our upcoming cruise. All your detailed info & descriptions, very nice. I "lost" you for a while, but added you to my contacts so I can remember. I emailed GTI re: Jerusalem tour. How long should I wait for a reply? Should I contact another good tour co. for that tour?

Thanks, Debbie

Thanks so much for this very helpful info! I too am new & am having a difficult time figuring out how to "find" port threads... this was very helpful! Debbie

THANKS, Debbie, for the nice comments! Glad we can be helpful. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I love looking at your pix! You have been very helpful in what I am to look for in our upcoming cruise. All your detailed info & descriptions, very nice. I "lost" you for a while, but added you to my contacts so I can remember. I emailed GTI re: Jerusalem tour. How long should I wait for a reply? Should I contact another good tour co. for that tour?

Thanks, Debbie

Thanks for those kind words!

We used Avitours in Israel and were very happy with them. We got very prompt responses as we worked to design our own tour. Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/holyland2.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived