Free drinks for Concierge Class passengers???

bellaj

We were talking to someone about our upcoming cruise the other day (first on Celebrity) and mentioned that we had a Concierge Class cabin, to which they then said to look out for the free drinks which were available to Concierge passengers at the start of each evening.

Now we have never heard of this before and are wondering if they are correct, or if they got this mixed up with free drinks for Elite captains club members. They did say it was not widely advertised but I think they are mistaken.

Can anyone clarify ?

I think your friends were mistaken. Complimentary cocktails are not something that comes with Concierge Class staterooms. They are available to Elite level frequent cruisers, but it is the person who qualifies for the cocktail hour, not the stateroom booking.

I think your friends were mistaken. Complimentary cocktails are not something that comes with Concierge Class staterooms. They are available to Elite level frequent cruisers, but it is the person who qualifies for the cocktail hour, not the stateroom booking.

Unless you are sharing a stateroom with an Elite...... :-)

LOL - thanks for all your replies - we're not disappointed - we've got drinks packages so its not really relevant in any case, but was just interested to know.

The person we were speaking to is an Elite member so we thought they may have got it mixed up.

Actually, entry to Michael's club is conveyed with a booking - we are not elite and were allowed into MC with our booking of a PH. We never took advantage of it, but did take advantage of 2 bottles of liquor which unexpectedly appeared in the butler's pantry!

I called Celebrity yesterday just to clarify for myself - as I thought I knew the answer and wanted to be sure. A free pass to Michael's Club is included with every 'suite' regardless of Elite status or not. Also, every Elite passenger has entrance free. It's a great perk and, as has already been noted, is generally less crowded and a dynomite breakfast spot. We have been booking suites to get the perk and once we get our 10 'points' for Elite, will get the perks in a lesser $$$ cabin. The bottle of champagne in room on first day is another thing altogether... I think it is given to anyone in Concierge or above...but I'm sure it is addressed on their website, if you have the patience to look for it.

Phil

I was responding to this generalization in the final sentence. In our case, the qualification did come with the booking.

I called Celebrity yesterday just to clarify for myself - as I thought I knew the answer and wanted to be sure. A free pass to Michael's Club is included with every 'suite' regardless of Elite status or not. Also, every Elite passenger has entrance free. It's a great perk and, as has already been noted, is generally less crowded and a dynomite breakfast spot. We have been booking suites to get the perk and once we get our 10 'points' for Elite, will get the perks in a lesser $$$ cabin. The bottle of champagne in room on first day is another thing altogether... I think it is given to anyone in Concierge or above...but I'm sure it is addressed on their website, if you have the patience to look for it.

the Royal we are booking then but does it also include the Sky Suites that our non-elite friends are considering??

Is this listed anywhere on the Celebrity website 'cause I searched & cldn't find this perk for suite guests including the PH?

Curious, 'cause u wld think they wld want to encourage guests to book a suite..

Thanks for posting this info :)

the Royal we are booking then but does it also include the Sky Suites that our non-elite friends are considering??

Is this listed anywhere on the Celebrity website 'cause I searched & cldn't find this perk for suite guests including the PH?

Curious, 'cause u wld think they wld want to encourage guests to book a suite..

Thanks for posting this info :)

There doesn't seem to be an actual policy on suite guests and Michaels; it seems to be at the discretion of the hotel managers. On other threads it seems like most of the time people in the Penthouse and Royal Suites receive invites, occasionally those in Celebrity Suites and rarely those in Sky Suites. I have a sky suite for my upcoming cruise, so would love it if I am admitted, but am certainly not counting on it/expecting it.

There doesn't seem to be an actual policy on suite guests and Michaels; it seems to be at the discretion of the hotel managers. On other threads it seems like most of the time people in the Penthouse and Royal Suites receive invites, occasionally those in Celebrity Suites and rarely those in Sky Suites. I have a sky suite for my upcoming cruise, so would love it if I am admitted, but am certainly not counting on it/expecting it.

Seems Celebrity is playing 'fast & loose' with those free drinks. I am amazed they wldn't have that listed as a perk & selling point all the time for at least the Royal & PH suite paxs..I can understand them not including the Skys partly because they are actually just jr. suites..and...there are a lot of them!

Sure isn't making me anxious to cruise in a suite with them though..not when I can get a lower suite category (GS) on an RCL ship & get free drinks each eve..among other perks..

Thanks for the heads up - was starting to believe with what I am reading here that is definately a perk for suite paxs...rather than at the discretion of the hotel manager..I do not like 'maybe or if' - I like to know exactly what I am paying for!

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Archived