Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

I'm not sure if anyone has asked but what are the double coffee cards I have read about. People seem to be giving them away.

Some travel agents offer a special coupon book which would be in your cabin upon embarkation (not to be confused with the totally wothless coupons that Princess leaves in every cabin).

One of these coupons as a "buy one, get one free" coupon for the specialty coffee card which has 15 punches for specialty coffees and also free fresh-brewed coffee as long as a single punch is left.

Some people do not utilize this coupon and other people are anxious to have one.

Cost of a single coffee card is about $24 + 15% gratuity.

Some travel agents offer a special coupon book which would be in your cabin upon embarkation (not to be confused with the totally wothless coupons that Princess leaves in every cabin).

One of these coupons as a "buy one, get one free" coupon for the specialty coffee card which has 15 punches for specialty coffees and also free fresh-brewed coffee as long as a single punch is left.

Some people do not utilize this coupon and other people are anxious to have one.

Cost of a single coffee card is about $24 + 15% gratuity.

GREAT explanation I never really understood what people were talking about before You explained it great

GREAT explanation I never really understood what people were talking about before You explained it great

Thanks for that, I too understand now. Does that mean I should be asking my TA if they have the coupon books?

Thanks for that, I too understand now. Does that mean I should be asking my TA if they have the coupon books?

i'm going to ask no harm in trying

maybe we should ask on our roll call to have people who don't want them to share (smiles)

You can order the same menu that is being served in the dining rooms, on your balcony if you don't want to go the formal night.

We had guests and lobster dinners for all, with just a phone call to the kitchen. None of us wanted to dress up. They came down the hallway with carts of food for us. It was great.

Unless you are in a full suite or pay for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, you can't order off the dinner menu, only the room service menu. It has been that way for my last 29 Princess cruises. If it has changed, please tell me what ship and itinerary.

Oh yeah, we did it! On the Sapphire Princess Nov. 2008. We heard somewhere that we could order what was being served in the dining room on our balcony....no charge. We had a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. We had 2 other couples from other cabins ( one was in a inside cabin 2 were in a ocean view cabin).

Here's how it went down. No one in our group wanted to dress up to go to dinner. But we all wanted the lobster...what to do?? I called room service...yes the very same number that you would call for any room service. We requested this...gave them the cabin number of our friends that wanted to eat with us in our cabin, asked for all the dinner to be delivered to our cabin. We each ordered about 3 lobster dinners. Rolling trays came down the hallway, one after the other. We all had our lobster dinner in our cabin...no charge. Oh yes we did.

Oh yeah, we did it! On the Sapphire Princess Nov. 2008. We heard somewhere that we could order what was being served in the dining room on our balcony....no charge. We had a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. We had 2 other couples from other cabins ( one was in a inside cabin 2 were in a ocean view cabin).

Here's how it went down. No one in our group wanted to dress up to go to dinner. But we all wanted the lobster...what to do?? I called room service...yes the very same number that you would call for any room service. We requested this...gave them the cabin number of our friends that wanted to eat with us in our cabin, asked for all the dinner to be delivered to our cabin. We each ordered about 3 lobster dinners. Rolling trays came down the hallway, one after the other. We all had our lobster dinner in our cabin...no charge. Oh yes we did.

Three dinners each???? You have got to be kidding!

We were on the Emerald Aug 22-29. On the last night of dinner our tablemates were sharing about the great week we had and some of the changes the cruise lines have gone thru over the years. No one knew we could order the escargot - (It was my 50th B-day cruise - and would have been really nice to have) Now I'm going to have to e-mail them to look at this thread!

Tip: When you make your reservations for the steak house you can ask to sit at the counter over looking the kitchen area - my husband was not crazy about it but said to give it a try - we have a great time - it was fun to watch the staff put it altogether and see the teamwork involved.

Don't know when our next cruise will be but even after 24 cruises I learned some things from this thread! Thanks to all. (also didn't know about bringing the wine and beer on board).

Gail

Why would Princess deliver lobster dinners for free for in-room dining if they also sell the Ultimate Balcony dinner? I have never had any success when asking to order of the dining room menu for in-room dining. I believe this is only available to those in a full suite, as a suite amenity.

Just so you know I did not tell everyone this to get beat up. There would not be any purpose in telling my story if it were not true. When we request dinner in our room because we did not want to dress up, we did not know that we were requesting anything out of the ordinary. :mad:

Being Diabetic I drink Coke Zero which is not available onboard the ship so bring your own as I will next time. Also if are in a Suite and have breakfast at Sabatinis not only can you get fresh squezzed OJ but you can have a Mimosa (with Champagne). :)

There are so many wonderful ideas here. My DH and I have cruised Princess once before and loved the service. On Celebrity we had a great butler but there were no high points like we had on Princess. So with all these hints we are really looking forward to our cruise in December.

One thing we had on our last Princess cruise was the Balcony Breakfast. There were three of us in the suite and ordered for two based on the advice of the room service person. There was enough food to feed us and a small army. :eek: Had the frig stuffed with snacks for a couple of days.

Being Diabetic I drink Coke Zero which is not available onboard the ship so bring your own as I will next time. Also if are in a Suite and have breakfast at Sabatinis not only can you get fresh squezzed OJ but you can have a Mimosa (with Champagne). :)

And Bloody Marys... :D

Three dinners each???? You have got to be kidding!

Gonna check into the lobster thing!

Princess I believe has offers the best perks! They are awesome! Unfortunately, we are itinerary driven people, so some times we stray.....

But in a suite, you get unlimited internet! The room, and the frustration of the net, is worth it to us!

Can't believe this one hasn't appeared yet. The Fettuccine Alfredo is to die for!!! You can order it on ANY DAY, as any course. There is an appetizer size, order it with dinner - we've even stopped into the dining room late in the evening for an appetizer size Alfredo and a dessert - GREAT STUFF!!! Fattening? you bet - that's what makes it sooooooo goooood!!

Can't believe this one hasn't appeared yet. The Fettuccine Alfredo is to die for!!! You can order it on ANY DAY, as any course. There is an appetizer size, order it with dinner - we've even stopped into the dining room late in the evening for an appetizer size Alfredo and a dessert - GREAT STUFF!!! Fattening? you bet - that's what makes it sooooooo goooood!!

It comes in 2 sizes...appetizer size, and dinner size, which comes nested in a parmesan cheese 'bowl'. It is great!

Kevin

Passenger Service Desk.

PSD is actually Passenger Services Director. Also called the Hotel Manager.

"The senior officer with the most direct responsibility for the things that most directly affect a passenger’s cruise experience is the hotel director (also called the hotel manager or passenger services director). He has responsibility for the accommodations, the dining, the entertainment, the activities, the shore excursions and much more. Therefore, the hotel manager is in a unique position to discuss the type of cruise experience that one will encounter on a particular ship."

Archived