Tried to search for answer, no luck

skings

My sister and I were booked Early Saver for the Carnival Glory and we had received a $40.00 onboard credit for that cruise. I changed the ship to Carnival Legend for same date ( 11/28) as Glory cruise and paid $50.00 each fee for change, the rate for a 4k was the same as 4g on Glory. I have not made final payment yet, due in Sept.

Question is, have I lost my onboard credit from original booking? I'm sure we have but it would be nice to think when I make final payment that we already have obc. Thanks for any info:)

My sister and I were booked Early Saver for the Carnival Glory and we had received a $40.00 onboard credit for that cruise. I changed the ship to Carnival Legend for same date ( 11/28) as Glory cruise and paid $50.00 each fee for change, the rate for a 4k was the same as 4g on Glory. I have not made final payment yet, due in Sept.

Question is, have I lost my onboard credit from original booking? I'm sure we have but it would be nice to think when I make final payment that we already have obc. Thanks for any info:)

If the OBC was not offered for the 2nd cruise you booked then you have lost it. Usually OBC is offered for one specific sailing and it doesnt transfer UNLESS it is also offered for the sailing you are SWITCHING to.

Since the OBC was for a price drop on a different sailing, I would say you lost it ...but then you confused me saying the price was the same on the ship you changed to?

If you originally paid more (minus the $50), then the $40 should be somewhere if you changed to a same price cabin but paid $40 more.

Can't get into cruise documents until final payment.

My cruise rate was $419 when we booked Glory it went down to $399 and I filled out Early Saver document and received OBC. Rate was at $399 when we switched to Legend.

Thanks for your answers:)

My final payment doesn't indicate any $40.00 adjustment. Just shows deposit Of $500, port charges, taxes, $100 added on then subtracted for itinerary change, final due

It does make sense that we are not entitled to it on the Legend:o

If you didn't make your final payment yet, it would not be OBC. It would only have been a reduction to your fare.

thats what Im thinking ..the OP never had OBC, she got the price adjusted to $399 ...since before final payment..she just thought she had OBC. And the new price is also $399 ... so she owes the same amount.

OP you only get OBC if you are after final payment. Before final payment the price is adjusted.

Any price reductions you received are goners - before Final Payment they were (should have been) reductions in the final payment. ken

I, too, think you won't get any OBC because you never made FP on your cruise and whatever the price is for Glory, that's what you are going to pay-----unless that price goes down.

It would work the same if you booked at $200 and changed to a ship that was $400, you would pay the $50 pp for changing ships/dates etc. and have to pay the new rate.

Enjoy your cruise and hopefully, your price will go down.

Archived