Imagination Drydock in Sept

gargoyle999

I'm also on her NOV 15-19 with you :)

wow, I was just on the Imagination Sept 09 and thought it just came out of drydock for a 2.? million rehab. I thought it looked GREAT then. How often do they do into drydock? This would make the last 4? cruises I was on, where the ship just came out of drydock within a trip or two. It is like sailing on a new ship each time.

I'm also on her NOV 15-19 with you :)

wow, I was just on the Imagination Sept 09 and thought it just came out of drydock for a 2.? million rehab. I thought it looked GREAT then. How often do they do into drydock? This would make the last 4? cruises I was on, where the ship just came out of drydock within a trip or two. It is like sailing on a new ship each time.

It has been 3 years since her dry dock.

Maintenance Schedule:

• 1997 dry dock: 9/27/97-10/04/97
  • 1998 scheduled dry dock postponed
  • 1999 scheduled dry dock postponed
  • 2000 dry dock: 1/02/00-1/15/00
  • 2001 dry dock: 11/26/01-12/15/01
  • 2002 no dates scheduled
  • 2003 no dates scheduled
  • 2004 dry dock: 9/04/04-9/23/04
  • 2005 no dates scheduled
  • 2006 no dates scheduled
  • 2007 dry dock: 10/13/07-11/14/07
  • 2008 no dates scheduled
  • 2009 no dates scheduled
  • 2010 dry dock: 9/03/10-9/17/10

Anyone know what is going to be done to the Imagination when it's "in the shop" for two weeks in Sept? Sailing her in Nov so just curious.

Two weeks is a normal dry dock. They handle nagging mechanical issues that can't be completed at sea; replace worn/stained carpet and upholstery... that kind of thing, nothing major.

:)

hmmm my error, I thought I remembered someone during my last role-call saying it was just in..... maybe it was the Glory that I just took in June that had the rehab...

Where can you find the maitenance schedules?

Hello

Wiskt... I thought The imagination had been in dry dock at least a little more recently than reported. I had been on her a couple times with the new water works, but man it sure didnt seem like it had been that long ago.

I hope all is well for you. Anyone tagging along with you on your next sailing. I went in February with my daughter, May with my hubby and now November 1 with a good friend.

hmmm my error, I thought I remembered someone during my last role-call saying it was just in..... maybe it was the Glory that I just took in June that had the rehab...

Unless they do things like add the water works or balconies, it is rare that you can tell that the ship has just come out of dry dock. It is not a magical change. Dry dock is required to check the hull and machinery that cannot be done while it is in the water. It is not done to make cosmetic changes though, they do use that time for that purpose.

You should never be able to tell that a ship has just come out of an ordinary dry dock. If you can the crew has not been doing its job.

The Imagination was the second ship to get the Evolutions of Fun upgrades following the Inspiration.

Here's both ship at Punta Langosta, Cozumel April 5 of 2008...

IMG_0783.jpg

Here you can see the new water slide as the Imagination makes her way to the dock:

IMG_0775.jpg

:)

Maintenance Schedule:

• 1997 dry dock: 9/27/97-10/04/97
  • 1998 scheduled dry dock postponed
  • 1999 scheduled dry dock postponed
  • 2000 dry dock: 1/02/00-1/15/00
  • 2001 dry dock: 11/26/01-12/15/01
  • 2002 no dates scheduled
  • 2003 no dates scheduled
  • 2004 dry dock: 9/04/04-9/23/04
  • 2005 no dates scheduled
  • 2006 no dates scheduled
  • 2007 dry dock: 10/13/07-11/14/07
  • 2008 no dates scheduled
  • 2009 no dates scheduled
  • 2010 dry dock: 9/03/10-9/17/10

Where can one see this type of schedule for other CCL ships?

Hello

Wiskt... I thought The imagination had been in dry dock at least a little more recently than reported. I had been on her a couple times with the new water works, but man it sure didnt seem like it had been that long ago.

I hope all is well for you. Anyone tagging along with you on your next sailing. I went in February with my daughter, May with my hubby and now November 1 with a good friend.

Hi Robin. (again :)

I believe we were on the same IMAGINATION cruise Sept 2009. I was with my grandfather for this 88th birthday.

I am cruising with a couple of friends this time. A buddy of mine and a couple that have been cruising together since 2005. I just heard last night that one of their brothers just also booked a stateroom for 3. So our group is now up to 7. It usually grows and we have cruised with up to 16 people already. It really makes it a fun trip when you have others to share it with and then look back and remember all the fun times.

• 3 years later...

Archived