Tattoos

MizzCard

I love the respones to this question! We got our tattoos as a family! My DH.son and I. I was in my 40's. Mine is on my back on my shoulder. It's a starfish wearing red cowboy boots. Love the beach, love country music!

In our family, we have three generations of women with tattoos. My daughter (in her 30s), myself (50s) m-i-l (80s). M-i-l even got her picture on the wall as the oldest client. susan.

Love that!!

I could just picture my Mom 83 getting a tattoo! My daughter and & I hid ours from her for along time just knowing what her reaction would be. LOL! She called us circus people!!!! hahahaha....:eek: Different generation, different outlook, got to love 'er!

Ginger:D

I have a lion resting above my shoulder blade with the number 11 on his thigh and an apple between his front paws. I am a Leo, the 11th child and an educator.

My step-son and I each got one (he has a bull-head on his chest to represent Taurus) together when he turned eighteen and I turned thirty.

The interesting part is that one of my drop-outs designed it as he was just hanging out in the salon that day. Hence, it is also a constant reminder for me to try harder.

Coka

I got mine as a 40th birthday gift to myself. I truly love it!! It starts just above my ankle bone and goes up maybe 2 and a half - 3 inches. Its a vine with hearts and green leaves and at the top, blossoms into a rose. I love to be able to show it and will be wearing skirts/skorts/shorts and capris for most of the cruise! I'm leaving 2/27 on the Dawn for Florida and the Bahamas!! First cruise and I am totally excited!

Sounds like we should all sail together!!!!

What a great idea for a theme cruise! And what an interesting thread. Some peoples reactions to tattoos are funny. I have a couple and my DH has sleeves. I work in an office and wear suits all day so when someone from work sees the tattoos they are usually quite surprized. Apparently I "don't look like someone that would have tattoos" I loved the comment by queen "How boring life would be if we were all the same" - too true girl, too true!! :cool:

Apparently I "don't look like someone that would have tattoos" I loved the comment by queen "How boring life would be if we were all the same" - too true girl, too true!! :cool:

My mom and I get that same comment! Apparantly, "good girls" don't get tattoos. Well, I guess I just shock the heck out of them! My great-uncle once said after the topic of tattoos came up (he didn't know that mom had one and I was getting one) that "only sluts get tattoos".

Question for all you cool ladies out there.....I'm 53, on the "big and beautiful" side, and have been wanting a tattoo since I've been 40.....but.....worried about what other people will think....what it will look like when and If I make it to 80'ish.....where should I put it?.....etc, etc. etc

Any suggestions, girls????

Don't worry about what other people think. Obviously, we don't care. If you've wanted one for 13 years, now's the time to go for it! As for where...it depends. Some places hurt more than others. Some places show more. Some places stretch more but the way I look at it is that by that point, it's a part of me and if it stretches then it stretches. Upper back "may" be good. So could ankle. My tat on my thigh didn't hurt hardly at all except for the black lines because he couldn't stop.

It took me two years to finally decide where to place my tattoo. I decided on my ankle as it has been and most likely always will be the least puffy part of my anatomy :-) I was debating between the back of my shoulder or my ankle but decided on my ankle as I can see it there where on the back of my shoulder, I wouldn't be able to see it. I am now considering a second tattoo and am considering the front of my shoulder. The lower part of the tattoo hurt a tiny when the artist first started but it went numb after a little bit from the needle vibration and it was fine for the rest of the art work.

Question for all you cool ladies out there.....I'm 53, on the "big and beautiful" side, and have been wanting a tattoo since I've been 40.....but.....worried about what other people will think....what it will look like when and If I make it to 80'ish.....where should I put it?.....etc, etc. etc

Any suggestions, girls????

They'll just tend to accentuate the "big and beautful" that you already are my friend!

Great thread! I have 3 tats. A dolphin on my left shoulder blade which I decided to get for my 30th. In my mind I had an idea of what I wanted and was thrilled to find exactly that design at the shop I went to. Then when in Key West some years later, had been thinking of getting another one there as a souvenir. Saw this awesome gecko design on a t-shirt and took it into a shop and they were able to copy it on the outside of my left calf right above the ankle. The third one I have is a hono (turtle in Hawaii) above my inside left ankle. I saw the design on a brochure for a snorkel trip while I was in Hawaii. Kept the brochure and brought it a shop back home and got it done. It amazes me how exactly they can replicate the pictures I brought in. To me its a much more personal tattoo than just picking out a design from a shop. The problem is, that once you get one, its addicting! I told my husband I would stop at 3, but now the urge is hitting me again and he just rolls his eyes.:rolleyes: What do you guys think of this one for the lower back?

ben28.jpg

I absolutely love it! What a great design. I have a Minnie Mouse flexing her muscles on my lower back and a sunflower on my ankle. I want a third one on the top of my foot but I haven't found exactly what I want yet. I wish I was one of those creative types that could design my own but I have to rely on other peoples creativity.

Suz

Thanks Donna!! This was a great topic, and I think it has helped me make up my mind to go for it!!!

Now.....all I have to do is figure out what design, and where.... You girls are great!

Barbara

Check out the web...lots of great ideas out there!

Archived