Tattoos

MizzCard

Hello ladies, I have three tattoos. one on my back shoulder blade of a blue rose and tribal markings. The second is at the bottom of my neck, a fairy and the third is a large fairy that takes up much of my calf on my right leg. The only regret that I have is that they don't really go with formalwear (haha). My gown is strapless so I'm trying to find some sort of drape to go over my shoulders. Other than that I love them and love showing them off.

Dphipps, I'm sure you could somehow incorporate the fairy theme into your dress! :) Don't find something to drape over your shoulder to cover it - enjoy it and the attention it will bring!

I have two tattoos (although my DH says three). One is a carousel horse and fairy on my hip (he calls this two) and the other is a crystonia dragon on my shoulder. The horse and fairy only show in my bathing suit or shorts and I get a lot of stares for them. But the art work is fabulous and I am very proud of it. The dragon is visible in pretty much any summer or evening attire if I wear my hair down (and one does like to let their hair down whilst on a cruise!)

Cruisin tigger, that art work is fabulous! :cool:

Heytoots, I say if you want one, go for it. Who cares what it looks like when you're 80? At that age you'll celebrate the fact you made it to 80 and will joyfully remember the wonderful experience of the tat. You go girl! :D

I have one on my left shoulder called 'a rainbow chaising its tail' and one on my hip of tribal art/heart/rose. can't wait to show them off on my first cruise 6/12/05! i try to pick dressy clothes to match the colors & design of the one on my back.

I got my first tattoo last summer at 48. It's on my right ankle and says Elvis. You might say I'm a fan. I figured it was safe getting that one...I've been an Elvis fan for about 40 years, I don't think I'm going to stop.

I got my first tattoo last summer at 48. It's on my right ankle and says Elvis. You might say I'm a fan. I figured it was safe getting that one...I've been an Elvis fan for about 40 years, I don't think I'm going to stop.

You go girl!

I have one on my left shoulder called 'a rainbow chaising its tail' and one on my hip of tribal art/heart/rose. can't wait to show them off on my first cruise 6/12/05! i try to pick dressy clothes to match the colors & design of the one on my back.

MSU2TSU - are you cruising carnival conquet?? we are leaving 6/12 as well on that ship and i have been looking for anyone else.....also, i have a pretty

fleur d'lis decorative design on my lower back....i love it, hubby hates it!:p

I'm glad to see someone else who cruises that also loves body art. Im a girl (under 30) with fairly heavily tattooed arms, and a large pair of koi on my upper back. Its total relief to see so many other ladies like myself who cruise (I'll be in the southern caribbean this saturday!)! :)

Hi everyone, I don't have a tattoo just yet however I thought this would be a very helpful place to ask... do you have any good links for ring tattoo ideas? I have only come across a couple of sites so far.

Any info would be extremely helpful:) Thank-you!!!

do you have any good links for ring tattoo ideas? I have only come across a couple of sites so far.

Any info would be extremely helpful:) Thank-you!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "ring" tattoos??

Hey all !

I like discreet tattoos...

Got my first one about 2 years ago at the age of 36. It's on my lower back and it's a vertical rose vine about 3 inches long with Fred (my husband) in cursive above it. It's only visible with lower waisted jeans and my swim suit. Everyone who's seen it, loves it, and doubt if there will ever be wrinkles there icon7.gif

I've got a small red star on my left hip...will probably get distorted if I ever get pregnant, but I love it anyway. You can only see it when I wear low-riding jeans, which is good since I work in an elementary school and tattoos aren't allowed to be visible...

I spent 5 years hiding it from my mom (got it about a month after I turned 18). She just saw it recently....her reaction "I'm so jealous!" hehe!

Onemist-

I love the idea of a pretty tat on my toe! I love the look of toe rings, but simply can not wear them! They bug the heck out of me. This is the perfect solution.

Of course I have to ask if it was very painful. I have one tatoo on my ankle which was painful but bearable. So if anything like that I believe that I can take it.

Thanks for the info in advance and for a wonderful idea.:)

Hi all,

Got a heart with a tiny drop of blood for my broken heart at 22. I healed it for my 39th last year by covering the drop with the kanji symbol for friendship. Now I have love and friendship on the front of my hip!!

Love it!! You can see just a tiny bit in my bathing suit. Very mysterious.....

A:D

Got mine a month ago to comemorate my 30th birthday. Tattoo dude and I worked nearly a year on getting the right design...its an orginal piece, celtic knot four leaf clover on my lower back. I LOVE IT! Hubby went with me when I got it, and let me tell you, it didn't hurt at all. I could have easily went to sleep about thirty minutes into it.

Already planning my next one in a few years.

Stef

Got mine a month ago to comemorate my 30th birthday. Tattoo dude and I worked nearly a year on getting the right design...its an orginal piece, celtic knot four leaf clover on my lower back. I LOVE IT! Hubby went with me when I got it, and let me tell you, it didn't hurt at all. I could have easily went to sleep about thirty minutes into it.

Already planning my next one in a few years.

Stef

They're addicitive! :)

I fell asleep during my first one too. :) It's just above my left ankle, where I'd broken my leg about a year before. I guess I must've had some nerve damage there too, as I couldn't feel a thing. But it was quite a shock when I got my second and third, as those didn't feel quite so nice. :eek:

Archived