Tattoos

MizzCard

Can any of you recommend a website with tattoo designs? I don't have one, but am considering a doggie paw print and would like some ideas.

Ok...truth...is it painfull?? I'm thinking the hip area (quite fleshy for me:) )

About the pain...I think it varies from person to person and where you get it. I got my first one on my thigh and I don't remember it hurting at all (def. fleshy :D ). I got my second on my ankle, higher up and not right by the bone, and I don't remember it hurting much either. For me, it really went kind of numb after awhile and it was just the long black lines where the artist couldn't stop that stung. I tolerate pain pretty well too. If you can tolerate pain pretty well normally, I don't think it should be too bad. A good tip (one of my friends told me this...) is to take tylenol or aleve (nothing that's a blood thinner) before you go. If you take advil though, you'll bleed and that's how you get scabs. Honestly, the worst part for me was afterwards when I got a little dizzy (I was fine) and it was itchy. Plus mine took less than two weeks to heal.

As far as websites go, I don't know any off the top of my head. I'd just do a google search and see what comes up or even look at clip art. It's good to get ideas from at least.

I got my 2 tattoos last August 5th. One is my son's initials CPM (in barcode). The 5th was the one year anniversary of his death (heart problem at 17), then the other is a 4 leaf clover with my other sons initial surrounding it. Each one is on my arm up fairly high. My wife did not want me to get one, but thought it was OK to commemorate my son's death this way.

It is so awesome to see so many people who love and are proud of their tats.... I have 5, and only 1 I don't like. It is a Lady Bug, on my Big Toe, you can't tell what it is til you're close, and most think it is a fish. My mother and I have matching tribals on the back of our necks (the MOST EROTIC tatoo I have ever had!!! It may have hurt, but the guy who did it was HOT and humming in my ear as he did it, so I felt no pain!!!) My other 4 are very discreet, and are typically only seen if I show, or wearing low cut jeans. I have a tribal on my lower back, and unicorn right around my pelvic bone (normally have to show this to be seen) and a little butterfly on my ankle. Still have my naval pierced, but usually forget to put it in, I took it out for 3 years and it went right back in. My tongue is still pierced, but I don't wear anything in it. My mom has me beet on tats, and is considering her eyebrown and nose pierced.......Go Figure....

Leave for my first cruise on Sunday, Have Not started packing, and am SOOOOOO Excited!!!!

I got my 2 tattoos last August 5th. One is my son's initials CPM (in barcode). The 5th was the one year anniversary of his death (heart problem at 17), then the other is a 4 leaf clover with my other sons initial surrounding it. Each one is on my arm up fairly high. My wife did not want me to get one, but thought it was OK to commemorate my son's death this way.

Sorry about your son's death, Roboref. I think a tattoo is a great way to honor and remember him. There is so little anyone can do about the grief and that is a great way to hold onto his memory.

The tatoo on my toe was very painful. The artist didn't even want to do it. But I have never been sorry for a second. I got it when I was about 49 in the Florida Keys after a day of shopping for toe rings. The flower tatoo is on my second toe on my left foot and I wear a toe ring on the second toe on my right foot. I try to shop for sandals that show most of my toes. The thong-type shoes that are so popular right now are perfect.

I have a semi-horizontal scar on my right cheek (gluteus maximas). I have toyed with the idea of turning the scar into a vine with a tattoo. Anyone ever tattoo over a scar? Pain level? I am kind of wusy and have not had any but necessary procedures done (no plastic surgry for me!) but don't mind leg waxing if that is an indicator!

I have a semi-horizontal scar on my right cheek (gluteus maximas). I have toyed with the idea of turning the scar into a vine with a tattoo. Anyone ever tattoo over a scar? Pain level? I am kind of wusy and have not had any but necessary procedures done (no plastic surgry for me!) but don't mind leg waxing if that is an indicator!

I don't think I'd do a tat on the face myself just because it's easier to get jobs when you can hide them, but regarding scars and tattoos, I think you'd have to ask a tattoo artist to find out how well that would work.

Well, since I am 53 I can comment on that.Although age is only a state of mind some days I feel older than others:) . I have a tatoo on my back, rt shoulder. It is of a beautiful purple orchid. So far so good! Still looks like an orchid. lol

Sounds like you and I have the exact same tattoo in the exact same location! I got mine in Hawaii in 1999. Mine looks great on my 44 year old shoulder!!!!!:D

Why hide them if you are so proud of them?

I can't speak for everybody, but I feel there are certain situations and certain people that I would feel uncomfortable having my tattoos visible because of their feelings or the environment. I love both of my tattoos, but I can cover them if asked for work or some other situations.

• 3 years later...
Why hide them if you are so proud of them?

Like Ehpride said, it is not a matter of 'wanting' to hide them, but the appropriateness of the situation.

Mine is in my back and can be hidden if I wear a tankini, which is perfect as I do not want to offend my MIL.....she is a bit old fashioned and a bit stereotypical of those with tats.

I am in no way ashamed of my tat...I just planned to put mine where it can be covered up if I do not want to draw attention to it. Just personal preference. :)

I recently got my eyebrows done I know it's not really the same thing but HOLY CRAP did it ever hurt :eek: :eek:

It took over 2 hours and once they healed (2 weeks later) I had to go back and do it all over again because they weren't dark enough. Had I known my chances of having to do a touch up (which by the way was another 2 hour session) were better than 50% I wouldn't have done it in the first place.:rolleyes:

I have a total new found respect for those of you out there with tatoos. Maybe I'm just a wuss but I don't want to go through that pain EVER again :o

I've always wanted a tattoo but didn't want to regret it in the future. So a couple of months ago I went out and got a really small heart on my hip, like Rachel on "Friends". My sister wanted one also so she came along with me..and chickened out the last minute. Just like in the episode!

Archived