Tattoos

MizzCard

My tat plays peek a boo with most things I am wearing but will probably be visible for most of the cruise. I have a dolphin jumping out of the water done in the "rainbow" colors :eek: . It is on the top of my right breast. I am a BBW who is very endowed so cleavage is inevitable so you can see the dolphins nose on most occasions.:D I also love my tat and want to get another one. I want an L on my back on one of my shoulders done in black/gold for the NO Saints!!!!!!!!!!

What a great thread!

I have my entire back tattooed along with a butterfly below my navel (with some hearts) and an anklet.

I know it might be shocking for some cruisers when I head out in a couple weeks, but I love them. :) My formal dresses don't show them.

In fact, I need to put the highest SPF I can find on them so they don't get too much sun. It's not good for them.

Anyone know about tattoo care and sun exposure??

i currently have 3 tattoos, one is on the left side of my stomach and didn't fair well through 2 pregnancies, it's not too bad though. the second is a tiny butterfly on the inside of my right ankle and the third is the roman numeral 11 on the outside of my left ankle. dh and i both have the 11 (or XI) for our annivarsary which is 11/11, our 11th anniversary will be on 11/11/11! i still want 2 more, a tiny heart and a mickey mouse. once i come up with the right placement for them i'll get them done.

i currently have 3 tattoos, one is on the left side of my stomach and didn't fair well through 2 pregnancies, it's not too bad though. the second is a tiny butterfly on the inside of my right ankle and the third is the roman numeral 11 on the outside of my left ankle. dh and i both have the 11 (or XI) for our annivarsary which is 11/11, our 11th anniversary will be on 11/11/11! i still want 2 more, a tiny heart and a mickey mouse. once i come up with the right placement for them i'll get them done.

seems to be very popular in florida now to get your eyes and lipliner tattooed.. the upper and lower on the eyes and a darker shade of your normal lipstick color for the lips.. ok.. so this isn't really really a tat.. but its done by a tattoo artist so I guess we can say we got tats... :)

I have a fairy on my left hip/lower abdomen...it's beautiful! I usually carry a small bottle of extra-strong spf for it and put it on every time I get out of the water. The colours of it are very bright and I'd like to keep her that way! I love seeing other people's bodyart at the pool/beach.

I've been trying to figure out for years why I don't find tattoos attractive; on anyone, male or female. It's not stereotyping, either, like Uncle so-and-so above who said only sluts have tattoos. I'm not bigoted about it.

I think it's that the tattos are so distracting from the overall look and appearance of the person. For an attractive woman, it distracts (not DETRACTS) from her beauty. For an unattractive woman, it emphasizes and draws attention to areas of her body that she probably doesn't really want people staring at.

I firmly believe everyone has the right to do as they please with their bodies, but my personal opinion is I have seen maybe one or two tattoos that I though were attractive. Even the feminine flowers, butterflies, stars, etc. don't look feminine to me. I think it's the ink: it's, well, "inky" looking, and looks out of place on the skin to me.

I like the placement of small of the back tats: it's a good place to put one. Kind of "flows" with the body line. But, the tattoo has to look like it belongs there, and so many women put something there that doesn't fit the "space".

I think it's the asthetics of it that I dislike: so many are not done artfully, and don't "fit" with the general look of the woman wearing them.

Just my opinion.......tattoo on, ladies!!

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. Yes I have one. You can only see it if I wear a two piece swimsuit. I don't care who can see it though.. I got mine for a reason .... ( I lost my mom to cancer) It was my way of dealing with my loss... I do not regret it either.

I had much rather see a woman with a tattoo than a large woman in a bathing suit...

I love the tree of life tattoo. That is one of the mst beautiful tattoos I have seen........................

Oh, thank you very much! It means the world to me and I'm very pround to show it off. It is one heck of a piece of artwork and I LOVE IT! Thanks so much!

Yes I am. I'll keep my comments to my self.

Thank you...you're very kind :D

seems to be very popular in florida now to get your eyes and lipliner tattooed.. the upper and lower on the eyes and a darker shade of your normal lipstick color for the lips.. ok.. so this isn't really really a tat.. but its done by a tattoo artist so I guess we can say we got tats... :)

I have been doing the eyeliner for two years now. Great way to go snorkling and still have the make-up look, plus eye lash extensions.

I got my first tat at age 31 and this year will be getting the faces of my two granddaughters put on my shoulder---at age 57!!!:D Took along time to find someone who is really good at portraits.

I have two - a lavender rose bud in the front and a black panther in the back, both below the bikini line. Sometimes the rose peeks out of the top of the bikini but I have to be naked for you to see the big cat.

.....But people go to the extreme judging people over tattoos....

I do TOTALLY agree with that statement...people are waaaaay too judgmental when it comes to people with tattoos. Even a girl I work with made a comment about someone with tattoos the other day, and I had to catch her and say "hey! I've got one of those too!" Granted, I don't show it off at work and such, but I still think people are waaaay too judgmental when it comes to tattoos. Lighten up! Most of the time there's a really good story behind those "dreadful tattoos!" LOL! :cool: :cool:

I've been trying to figure out for years why I don't find tattoos attractive; on anyone, male or female. It's not stereotyping, either, like Uncle so-and-so above who said only sluts have tattoos. I'm not bigoted about it.

I think it's that the tattos are so distracting from the overall look and appearance of the person. For an attractive woman, it distracts (not DETRACTS) from her beauty. For an unattractive woman, it emphasizes and draws attention to areas of her body that she probably doesn't really want people staring at.

I firmly believe everyone has the right to do as they please with their bodies, but my personal opinion is I have seen maybe one or two tattoos that I though were attractive. Even the feminine flowers, butterflies, stars, etc. don't look feminine to me. I think it's the ink: it's, well, "inky" looking, and looks out of place on the skin to me.

I like the placement of small of the back tats: it's a good place to put one. Kind of "flows" with the body line. But, the tattoo has to look like it belongs there, and so many women put something there that doesn't fit the "space".

I think it's the asthetics of it that I dislike: so many are not done artfully, and don't "fit" with the general look of the woman wearing them.

Just my opinion.......tattoo on, ladies!!

oh believe me I've seen some pretty heinous looking bodyart on people and I think to myself...why did they spend so much money on THAT??? :eek: But I guess the bottom line is most people have personal reasons for getting what they get on their bodies, and most people get tattoos for themselves not for what other people think of them (as it should be!).

I have the opposite reaction to the small of the back tats, I find that the one spot that's most UNattractive to have a tattoo! Just my opinion though, I know how popular they are ;)

Metalprincess - your tree of life is absolutely STUNNING!! I love it :)

I love my tattoo. It's located on my right hip bone and only visible in a bathing suit or less. I got it at 41, when I finally got past my extreme fear of needles. My daughter who was studying to be a graphic designer took the elements I wanted and created the art work. It will always be special to me because of the work she put into it.

Here is the image of what we created. tattoo.jpg

Archived